Manhunt for Magnotta

Old Jun 5th 2012, 6:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Manhunt for Magnotta

Originally Posted by iaink
The flawed hyperthetical had the person who murdered my family moving into my community. Thats a bit close to the bone for me, thats all.

Before you get too preachy, perhaps it hasnt occured to you that I do know people who were convicted of serious offences and who have served their time and moved on.
I am not the one getting preachy, I have my opinion and you have yours. I don't believe I have stated that your position is incorrect.

You were the one that said that you wouldn't want them in your community so, once again, I ask you: where should they go and why?
Old Jun 5th 2012, 6:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Isnt that the usual criteria for a death sentance?

Ooops.

You cleverly sidestepped el-richos question didnt you...
There can be no absolute certainty so, to that extent, I would say that my wife/daughter would be executed. However, as I have said ad nauseum, I would limit the death penalty to very specific circumstances, e.g., Breivik. So I don't have to side step it as I wasn't advocating for a death penalty for all murder.

Out of interest, how many of those listed were actually executed and how many were dealt with by the appeals process? I don't believe that anyone is arguing that trials of first instance get it correct 100% of the time, that why the appeals process exists.

Im still dont get why if it turns out that a convicted killer has a mental problem that can be treated, rather than an inherent malevolent evilness, why is that a bad thing? Must be a glass half full / glass half empty kind of thing.
If you can guarantee that s/he will continue to take his/her meds and won't flip out again, I agree. But, as you don't want them living near you, I guess you aren't confident they will continue to take them either
Old Jun 5th 2012, 6:40 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
I am not the one getting preachy, I have my opinion and you have yours. I don't believe I have stated that your position is incorrect.

You were the one that said that you wouldn't want them in your community so, once again, I ask you: where should they go and why?
Really? A couple of times now you have suggested that I should go experience the prison system to understand what I am up against (Im paraphrasing)

They should go somewhere else, anywhere else. Why? Hopefully because they feel remorse for what they did and empathise with the victims family having to interact with them and not wish to make things worse for them. Vince Li seems to get that at least... Its not a concern that they will re offend as much as it the constant reminder of the event. I dont know if the victims families ever really get closure and move on, but that sure isnt going to help is it.

Do I have to spell out in short words that its not ALL reformed ex cons who are barred from my hypothetical neighbourhood, just those who happened to kill my hypothetical family. Hypothetically.

Last edited by iaink; Jun 5th 2012 at 6:44 pm.
Old Jun 5th 2012, 6:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Really? A couple of times now you have suggested that I should go experience the prison system to understand what I am up against (Im paraphrasing)

They should go somewhere else, anywhere else. Why? Hopefully because they feel remorse for what they did and empathise with the victims family having to interact with them and not wish to make things worse for them. Vince Li seems to get that at least...
But not near you.

How do you know Mr. Li gets that? He is still incarcerated, he hasn't been put back into the community without supervision having to really on himself to self medicate.
Old Jun 5th 2012, 6:47 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

If you can guarantee that s/he will continue to take his/her meds and won't flip out again, I agree. But, as you don't want them living near you, I guess you aren't confident they will continue to take them either
And if you execute them there will never be an opportunity to find out.

I think maybe thats one thing that offends me about the death penalty, its just a way of throwing in the towel, an admission that there is nothing to be done and no hope for reform. I have more faith in progress and humanity than that.
Old Jun 5th 2012, 6:50 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

But not near you.

Its not a concern that they will re offend as much as it the constant reminder of the event. I dont know if the victims families ever really get closure and move on, but that sure isnt going to help is it.

How do you know Mr. Li gets that? He is still incarcerated, he hasn't been put back into the community without supervision having to really on himself to self medicate.
Im not sure he should ever be entirely independent either. It doubt its beyond our technology to track and monitor people in his unfortunate situation to ensure they dont go walkabout without their meds.

He seems to have a degree of empathy from the little Ive read.

Q. What would you say to Ms. de Delley and Tim McLean’s family?

A. I am really sorry for what I did. If I could talk to her directly, I would do anything for their family. I would ask forgiveness, but I know it would be hard to accept.

Q. How does it make you feel that most people do not think you should get a pass to walk around in Selkirk? Do you understand their fear?

A. I understand people are scared because of my behaviour on the Greyhound bus. I am not at risk for anybody. I don’t believe in aliens. I don’t hear voices. I would call my doctor if I heard voices again. Yes, I understand their fear.

Q. How do you feel about what you are reading in the newspapers?

A. I don’t read the papers because I don’t want to be reminded of what happened on the Greyhound bus because it was so bad and wrong.

Q. Are you happy?

A. No.

Q. Will you ever be happy?

A. No. I can never forget the Greyhound bus.

Q. Any final words?

A. I would like to say to Tim McLean’s mother “I am sorry for killing your son. I am sorry for the pain I have caused. I wished I could reduce that pain.”

Last edited by iaink; Jun 5th 2012 at 6:52 pm.
Old Jun 5th 2012, 6:51 pm
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute

Magnotta update....They are saying he ate some of the slain body of the victim

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/...784/story.html
Old Jun 5th 2012, 6:52 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Circles, circles....blah blah blah
Old Jun 5th 2012, 6:53 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ultrarunner

Makes you want to avoid any invitations from creepy dodgy butchers doesn't it.
Old Jun 5th 2012, 6:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

And if you execute them there will never be an opportunity to find out.

I think maybe thats one thing that offends me about the death penalty, its just a way of throwing in the towel, an admission that there is nothing to be done and no hope for reform. I have more faith in progress and humanity than that.
That's a bit too ivory tower for me. I doubt very much that there are many that have been raped that wish to meet their assailant once released to ascertain whether they are now full of remorse for their actions, likewise for the families of murder victims.

If you would wish to meet your rapist to make such an enquiry, good for you. I know I wouldn't.
Old Jun 5th 2012, 6:58 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

That's a bit too ivory tower for me. I doubt very much that there are many that have been raped that wish to meet their assailant once released to ascertain whether they are now full of remorse for their actions, likewise for the families of murder victims.

If you would wish to meet your rapist to make such an enquiry, good for you. I know I wouldn't.
Er, no I wouldnt, that was the gist of my reply about why they should live elsewhere which you asked what three times now?

Honestly I dont know why I bother some days.

But that doesnt mean the offender cant change and lead a productive life after serving their time either.

The flip side though is that some offenders should not be released even after serving their sentence, if they are still a danger to others. Not everyone is capable of change, some people are just evil. (But you dont get to decide if they should live or die either)
Old Jun 5th 2012, 7:13 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ultrarunner

YEah, we knew that. He allegedly cut bits of the victims ass and ate it on that sick video, he also let a hungry dog in to chow down on a leg. He then sexually abused the torso with his genitals then with a bottle, allegedly. Do we think meds can help this nutter?

Last edited by dollface; Jun 5th 2012 at 7:16 pm.
Old Jun 5th 2012, 7:17 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dollface
YEah, we knew that. He allegedly cut bits of the victims ass and ate it on that sick video, he also let a hungry dog in to chow down on a leg. He then sexually abused the torso with his genitals then with a bottle, allegedly. Do we think meds can help this nutter?
What type of dog was it?
Old Jun 5th 2012, 7:21 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
What type of dog was it?
HHHmmmm now let me think, a hungry one allegedly ............................not having seen the video I wouldn't know and I don't think it has yet been established by journalists, unless you can shed any light on it? .

Last edited by dollface; Jun 5th 2012 at 7:32 pm.
Old Jun 5th 2012, 7:33 pm
Pictou County Superstar™

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute

All it says in the video description about the dog is:

*This is pretty vile stuff so don't read it*

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Using a knife and fork, the murderer then slices a piece of fatty flesh from victim’s ass and presumably eats it before bringing a hungry dog in to also feast on freshly killed man. The black and white pooch could not resist the smell of raw flesh and bit right into the stump.

Originally Posted by dbd33
What type of dog was it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.