Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

and this man could have been the POTUS had it not been for Obama

and this man could have been the POTUS had it not been for Obama

Old Apr 26th 2009, 2:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

montreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond repute
Default and this man could have been the POTUS had it not been for Obama

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2009/0...anada-911.html
Old Apr 26th 2009, 3:38 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: and this man could have been the POTUS had it not been for Obama

Originally Posted by montreal mike
Apart from the fact he is misinformed I fail to see what your point is?

Obama has hardly lived up to what the world expected from him.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 3:40 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
It's a little early for a statement like that isn't it?

He's only been in power for three months.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 3:42 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

ACRONYM ALERT
Old Apr 26th 2009, 3:46 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
It's a little early for a statement like that isn't it?

He's only been in power for three months.
Yep, and how many times has he had to back track on policy? How many resignations from his staff? How many controversial appointments?

Would you (from a Canadian and Global position) rather have some useless old fart who claims the 9/11 'bombers' entered from the 'North' or some younger and seemingly more intelligent guy who tries to get a protectionist 'Buy American' policy through congress. (Just one of his faux pas)

Yes I know I'm simplifying things and Personally given the two choices I would have gone with Obama and I'm sure that given (more) time he will prove himself (or turn into another JFK)
Old Apr 26th 2009, 4:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

montreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond repute

Apart from the fact he is misinformed I fail to see what your point is?

nicely put ... misinformed is putting so euphemistically ... i guess George W was also 'misinformed' over those nasty WMD's in Iraq.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 4:37 pm
Banned

nicely put ... misinformed is putting so euphemistically ... i guess George W was also 'misinformed' over those nasty WMD's in Iraq.
OK, so I'm sorry but I take great offence at the tone of your post. I sincerely hope that you are not suggesting that:
a) I was (or am) a McCain Supporter
b) I was a GWB supporter
or
c) Am or was in favour of: a) the invasion of Iraq or b) the continuing occupation of Iraq.

and regardless wether I am or not is irrelevant to your original post which you have still (imo) failed to defend
Old Apr 26th 2009, 4:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

OK, so I'm sorry but I take great offence at the tone of your post. I sincerely hope that you are not suggesting that:
a) I was (or am) a McCain Supporter
b) I was a GWB supporter
or
c) Am or was in favour of: a) the invasion of Iraq or b) the continuing occupation of Iraq.

and regardless wether I am or not is irrelevant to your original post which you have still (imo) failed to defend
NO, NO, and another NO!

If anything I am guilty of extreme sarcasm. Sorry you didn't catch it.

Pity that McCain can't or won't get his facts straight though.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 6:21 pm
Banned

NO, NO, and another NO!

If anything I am guilty of extreme sarcasm. Sorry you didn't catch it.

Pity that McCain can't or won't get his facts straight though.
Thanks Mike (I've calmed down now, was having a bad morning ), and I do agree about McCain, although as I said I am disappointed (thus far) in the Obama administration.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 7:30 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

although as I said I am disappointed (thus far) in the Obama administration.
Seems the Americans are reasonably happy with his first 100 days.

Especially the Democrats, the Republicans...still not so much.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp..._MecsjUpBAkNaA

http://uk.reuters.com/article/busine...53P1GM20090426

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009...n-barack-obama
Old Apr 26th 2009, 7:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

rwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond repute

Whether they came in through Canada or some other way, WE aren't the ones who let them into the USA.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 8:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Mike (I've calmed down now, was having a bad morning ), and I do agree about McCain, although as I said I am disappointed (thus far) in the Obama administration.
That's fine. I understand.

I think the Obama administration suffers from unrealistic expectations by the electorate. Him initially being compared to JFK may be flattering. Plus, in fairness, JFK was not around long enough to have earned a legacy.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 10:15 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Seems the Americans are reasonably happy with his first 100 days.
Enough reason for me to be disappointed
Old Apr 27th 2009, 5:12 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

JFK was not around long enough to have driven a Subaru Legacy.
Much better build quality than GM!
Old Apr 28th 2009, 12:04 am
Happy in NB

Dave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CaptainHook
Much better build quality than GM!
Endangered species GM autos. I am almost tempted to rush out and buy a pontiac to store away for a couple of decades.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.