Lunchtime Choices

Old Mar 16th 2012, 10:08 pm
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lunchtime Choices

Originally Posted by Oink
A rather spicy noodle soup with fresh (recreationally) caught prawns.
Just a question. Do you know the difference between shrimp and prawn ? They look very similar.
Old Mar 16th 2012, 10:49 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Simon Legree
Just a question. Do you know the difference between shrimp and prawn ? They look very similar.
Size.
Old Mar 16th 2012, 11:03 pm
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

Size.
No sir.
The difference is that shrimps are vegetarians and prawns aren't.
You can catch prawns with a baited trap but you have to catch shrimps with a net !
Old Mar 16th 2012, 11:19 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Simon Legree
No sir.
The difference is that shrimps are vegetarians and prawns aren't.
You can catch prawns with a baited trap but you have to catch shrimps with a net !
I didn't realize it was a rhetorical question. Either way they were delicious and the other 175 I caught are now packed in the freezer.
Old Mar 17th 2012, 12:11 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

I know the difference and I‘m not losing any sleep over it either. The little club where I drink is right down the alley from the Ukranian Co-op and I like to hobble down there about 10.30 in the morning when they take the first load of sausage out of the smoker and bring back a hot ring of kobasa or ham sausage. One of the girls will cut it up and bring it out with some mustard for us to enjoy.
Old Mar 18th 2012, 1:59 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

In the same vein, since I had hotdogs for lunch and made do with a nice salad with italian dressing and some cheap rose‘ for supper I‘m tempted to skip breakfast and plow the buffet at the Hungarian Club tomorrow. Pork hocks, cutlets, perogies...mmmm I don‘t like their cabbage rolls but most people seem to. It‘s a great smorg and not really well known.
Old Mar 22nd 2012, 8:06 pm

Fresh prawn cocktail sandwiches with avocado and nice mug of tea as it naffing well freezing out there.
Old Mar 23rd 2012, 5:34 pm

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point

Leftover cheese grits and three squares of swiss chocolate. It's grocery day.
Old Mar 23rd 2012, 5:39 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Leftover roast chicken, broccoli, carrots, and a jacket spud with bacon salt
Old Mar 23rd 2012, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by el_richo
Leftover chicken Jalfrazzi, allo naan and rice. Although that won't be for another couple of hours.
Old Mar 23rd 2012, 5:45 pm

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point

Bacon salt?
Old Mar 23rd 2012, 5:55 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ireland2canada
Bacon salt?
Yeah it's lovely. We went for dinner to a place called Edible on Granville Island the other week and after we paid they brought us a couple of little boxes of the stuff.

The do all kinds of flavoured salt (Bacon, Curry, Chocolate & Cinamon, and some more).

https://edible-britishcolumbia.3dcar...ices_c_12.html

I just put olive oil around the jacket spud and rub the salt into it before shoving it into the oven for some added crispy goodness.
Old Mar 23rd 2012, 9:22 pm

Its nice to catch your own lunch.
Attached Thumbnails Lunchtime Choices-photo.jpg  

Last edited by Oink; Mar 23rd 2012 at 9:25 pm.
Old Mar 23rd 2012, 11:04 pm
Beep

Its nice to catch your own lunch.
Did you stand under the tree when they dropped?
Old Mar 23rd 2012, 11:23 pm

Did you stand under the tree when they dropped?
I haven't had my afternoon tea and cake so I'm a bit slow so you've got me on that one unless its some reference to catching?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.