Lunchtime Choices

Old Nov 29th 2020, 9:57 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Lunchtime Choices

Is hoison spicy? Does it have heat? It looks good but I went away and red chilli peppers which I no can do.
Old Nov 29th 2020, 10:27 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Is hoison spicy? Does it have heat? It looks good but I went away and red chilli peppers which I no can do.
They list chili but they're down the bottom of the list so there aren't many. I don't find it hot, more sweet than anything. You can always get a small bottle or jar and try it (good in a stir fry or with pot-sticker dumplings, lots of stuff). I buy the 1.75 litre can and fill squeeze bottles to last about a year.

Old Nov 29th 2020, 11:19 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by caretaker
They list chili but they're down the bottom of the list so there aren't many. I don't find it hot, more sweet than anything. You can always get a small bottle or jar and try it (good in a stir fry or with pot-sticker dumplings, lots of stuff). I buy the 1.75 litre can and fill squeeze bottles to last about a year.

Ok . Ta! Will try and do . I think there is the right sort of store in Motueka. Just suddenly occurred to me that if I cannot , himself certainly can enjoy. Will give it a go I think.
Old Dec 14th 2020, 7:14 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Odds and ends, I'd already eaten some salami. Also a couple of Big Rock single hop IPA.

Old Dec 14th 2020, 9:31 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Odds and ends, I'd already eaten some salami. Also a couple of Big Rock single hop IPA.
That's a great example of the delights of something you can eat with fingers (the xmas day options thread)
Old Dec 17th 2020, 8:21 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

I hadn't been to the Hungarian Club for 2 weeks, and when my girlfriend in the kitchen saw me she brought out the palacsinta! It's good to be the king.

Old Dec 19th 2020, 7:56 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

I'm calling it a late lunch. My neighbour was ice fishing yesterday and shared some of his walleye and perch with me. He says the ice is 10" - 11" thick so I hope to get out there myself soon.

I froze a few pieces for when I make my next chowder. The more, the merrier.

Last edited by caretaker; Dec 19th 2020 at 7:59 pm.
Old Dec 20th 2020, 7:08 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Reuben on pumpernickel.

Old Dec 25th 2020, 5:24 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

After Last of the Summer Wine is over, I'm going to make kippers.
Old Dec 25th 2020, 7:08 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Curry sauce and chips
Old Dec 26th 2020, 3:40 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

I'll call it early lunch; the chicken I thawed out for yesterday but didn't cook, so marinated in soy and Redhot Original Seasoning overnight then 2/3 through the baking glazed with some bulgogi-ish concoction (hoisin, sesame oil, sugar, garlic, soy, ginger) and rice.

Old Jan 5th 2021, 6:28 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Salad.

Old Jan 5th 2021, 8:43 pm
Oscar nominated

Salad.
Too cold for salad for me.
Hot home made chicken soup (from Sunday's roast chicken) and a pastrami sandwich.
Old Jan 5th 2021, 8:49 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Discounted sushi.
Old Jan 8th 2021, 12:46 am
Stand-up Philosopher

I went out for lunch with my friend for the first time in months, and had my favourite pho'; #36 Beef Sate'.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.