Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Love a good documentary

Love a good documentary

Old Mar 21st 2014, 2:30 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Love a good documentary

Originally Posted by Tangram
It's on Netflix US
Thx.

Note to self:
- get Netflix
- move to USA
Old Mar 21st 2014, 2:47 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Thx.

Note to self:
- get Netflix
- move to USA
No need ( apart from the get Netflix ), although I did download it to watch it from elsewhere.
Old Mar 22nd 2014, 11:32 am
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

Pandora's Promise is worth a watch. Anti-Nuclear power supporters do a 180 and start supporting Nuclear Power. Very interesting to see why they changed their mind, and also facts and other information that, as with anything, then Anti types seem to either not know, or don't want to know about.

Senna (slightly timely, as it would have been his 54th birthday last week) - Documentary about the Formula 1 driver. Appeals to me as I'm a bit of an F1 fan, and his unfortunate death has changed F1, and there hasn't been a death in F1 since his - shame it took his to finally get something done, which leads us into...

1 - Another F1 documentary, pretty much about the 50 - 70's, which is known as one, of not the deadlist periods of F1. So many talented drivers killed. details who tried to get things changed, how they did, and what it took to really get things rolling, and the impact from that on current racing.
Got to say I now see Max Mosley in a different light.

The "up" Series. Follows a group of kids, from the age of seven, throughout their lives. Started in the 60's and I believe there was a new one last year. I've not watched the latest two, but did watch the rest. Well worth a watch.

Long Way Round / Long Way Down - Not sure if you can class this as a documentary, but it is worth a watch. Obi Wan and his mate go on a rather large motorbike trip, and then do another one.
Old Mar 22nd 2014, 11:33 am
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Thx.

Note to self:
- get Netflix
- move to USA
*cough* unblock-us dot com *cough*

Sorry about the cough, going to the quacks later to get it sorted.