LGBTQQINQBHTHOWTB

Old Jul 7th 2014, 3:22 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LGBTQQINQBHTHOWTB

Originally Posted by Shard
Maybe CIS is some kind of whacked out word that all you groovy Vancouverites know or should know, but Alan's reference to it was the first time I heard it. I did look it up but the explanation seemed tortuous. It's basically "normal" and it's a bit rich that the transgender community are attempting to introduce a new label. Total bollocks - or lack thereof
It's been in general useage since the 90's
Old Jul 7th 2014, 5:59 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
It's basically "normal" and it's a bit rich that the transgender community are attempting to introduce a new label. Total bollocks - or lack thereof
I dunno, I can kind of understand people not wanting to be labeled abnormal which is implicit if you call the other group normal. Personally, I don't have a problem with cis/trans terminology as it's easy to understand once you know the word.

Besides, I reckon that if you are going to take the piss it helps to know what you are taking the piss out of.
Old Jul 7th 2014, 6:08 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
I am so ashamed that I recognise all this terminology. Too much internet.

Short version:

cis - means "on this side of", so when used as a prefix, e.g., "cisgender", it basically means someone who identifies as the same gender they were assigned as birth.

shitlords - the standard insult for anyone doing anything anyone perceives to be "oppressing", particularly on tumblr.

[x] privilege - e.g., thin privilege, white privilege, cis privilege, etc - basically, "special treatment" you get for simply being born with something. The original I believe comes from "white privilege" referring to African-American oppression, where white people were given special treatment simply for being white. However, tumblrinas have taken privilege to another level by assigning it to anything that possibly could result in favouring one person over another. (For an example of the crazy, This is Thin Privilege. Read at your own risk. Warning, IQ will drop 5 points for each post you manage to read.)

Otherkin - people who identify as having souls that are either entirely or partially that of another being. For example, a person who identifies as "wolfkin" believes all or part of their soul/spirit/being is that of a wolf. They have wolf tendencies, urges, inklings, etc. Basically the [crazy] extended version of "I am a girl, but I identify as a boy"... "yeah well I'm a girl and I identify as a tortoise!"

If you want to read a tumblr that encompasses all of this, check this one out. Journey to the Sacred Heart

The author's "about" paragraph, for those too afraid to click: 23. Cisgendered white female. Tortoisekin. Disabled. Singlet. Gainer. Vegan. Feminist. Fat activist. Pansexual. Demiplatonic. Aromantic. Asensual.

Further reading for those who really want to educate themselves about the crazy that is tumblr: dictionary - TumblrInAction

I am so, so, so ashamed that I was able to make this post. I'm going to go hide in a corner now.
TiTP is very funny. Half the posts on there are people from trolls posting scenarios from films and TV programmes. Although I do find the whole fat acceptance movement unintentionally hilarious.

Last edited by Alan2005; Jul 7th 2014 at 6:10 pm.
Old Jul 7th 2014, 6:17 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
I am so ashamed that I recognise all this terminology. Too much internet.

Short version:

cis - means "on this side of", so when used as a prefix, e.g., "cisgender", it basically means someone who identifies as the same gender they were assigned as birth.

shitlords - the standard insult for anyone doing anything anyone perceives to be "oppressing", particularly on tumblr.

[x] privilege - e.g., thin privilege, white privilege, cis privilege, etc - basically, "special treatment" you get for simply being born with something. The original I believe comes from "white privilege" referring to African-American oppression, where white people were given special treatment simply for being white. However, tumblrinas have taken privilege to another level by assigning it to anything that possibly could result in favouring one person over another. (For an example of the crazy, This is Thin Privilege. Read at your own risk. Warning, IQ will drop 5 points for each post you manage to read.)

Otherkin - people who identify as having souls that are either entirely or partially that of another being. For example, a person who identifies as "wolfkin" believes all or part of their soul/spirit/being is that of a wolf. They have wolf tendencies, urges, inklings, etc. Basically the [crazy] extended version of "I am a girl, but I identify as a boy"... "yeah well I'm a girl and I identify as a tortoise!"

If you want to read a tumblr that encompasses all of this, check this one out. Journey to the Sacred Heart

The author's "about" paragraph, for those too afraid to click: 23. Cisgendered white female. Tortoisekin. Disabled. Singlet. Gainer. Vegan. Feminist. Fat activist. Pansexual. Demiplatonic. Aromantic. Asensual.

Further reading for those who really want to educate themselves about the crazy that is tumblr: dictionary - TumblrInAction

I am so, so, so ashamed that I was able to make this post. I'm going to go hide in a corner now.
This is the best post ever on BE. Thanks for posting.
Old Jul 7th 2014, 6:21 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan2005
TiTP is very funny. Half the posts on there are people from trolls posting scenarios from films and TV programmes. Although I do find the whole fat acceptance movement unintentionally hilarious.
TiTP really is just full of troll posts now, but if you go back to some of the earlier ones there's some legitimate wtfery in there. HAES is right up there with the crazy as well.

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
This is the best post ever on BE. Thanks for posting.
I am so embarrassed.