Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Leather upholstery cleaning

Leather upholstery cleaning

Old Nov 1st 2011, 4:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

tracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud of
Default Leather upholstery cleaning

Hi,

Anyone had leather sofas cleaned while in Canada?

Been quoted £195 for two two seaters which is not bad for decent leather sofas, but guy says will contain moisture after process so not good idea to store for long period. Six weeks on a boat might result in mould forming

Feedback on costs and whether you were happy with result greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Tracy
Old Nov 1st 2011, 5:01 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leather upholstery cleaning

Why not just use any one of many products that are on the market and do it yourself? I use whatever saddle cleaner/conditioner that Mrs Rich has lying around. Leather CPR seems to work well:

http://www.valleyvet.com/catalog_pro...ther_care.html
Old Nov 1st 2011, 5:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

tracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by R I C H
Why not just use any one of many products that are on the market and do it yourself? I use whatever saddle cleaner/conditioner that Mrs Rich has lying around. Leather CPR seems to work well:

http://www.valleyvet.com/catalog_pro...ther_care.html
Looks good Rich and OH thinks so too as lots cheaper He has agreed to do it too, so I'm happy

Thank you
Old Nov 5th 2011, 8:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

TrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond repute

I just use the spray stuff available from Canadian Tire for leather car seats. Works a treat on the leather sofas/chairs.
Old Nov 5th 2011, 8:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TrishP
I just use the spray stuff available from Canadian Tire for leather car seats. Works a treat on the leather sofas/chairs.
Thanks for advice, will def not be spending nearly £200 when there are so many alternatives involving a little elbow grease. Especially when it's not my elbow

Tracy