Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Is that a lawn mower I hear?

Is that a lawn mower I hear?

Old Apr 28th 2009, 5:42 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Is that a lawn mower I hear?

OMG I can't believe it. The remnants of the snow only just disappeared and I think I hear a lawn mower.
Old Apr 28th 2009, 5:46 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is that a lawn mower I hear?

Originally Posted by BristolUK
OMG I can't believe it. The remnants of the snow only just disappeared and I think I hear a lawn mower.
Someone is likely de thatching his lawn.

http://www.bcnorth.ca/magazine/pages...lawn/lawn1.htm
Old Apr 28th 2009, 5:47 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Someone around here heard one too, at 4 am last night!...along with cries shortly afterwards of "Push it!"

The mower was later found by the OPP after a short search and towed to the station to await claiming by its rightfull owners

This was item 2 on the radio news this morning believe it or not...One of the joys of small town life I guess.
Old Apr 28th 2009, 5:50 pm
Pictou County Superstar™

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like my lawn will need its first cut in a couple of days. One week ago the lawns on the hill were looking a little soggy and yellow. They're all green now and growing fast

Well...at least the bugs aren't biting... yet...

Old Apr 29th 2009, 3:32 am
C'est correck

Canada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud of

People here keep their lawns so trim and tidy. It's going to be much more work than I put in on the other side of the Atlantic.

OH has deemed it necessary to have Monsieur Gazon take care of the health and weediness of our lawn. It needs to be as spick and span as that of the neighbours...
Old Apr 29th 2009, 4:32 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

We had to purchase a mower at the weekend - our lawn was looking very "council" compared to our neighbours who seem to mow every time the sun comes out!
Old Apr 29th 2009, 11:23 am
Nova Scotia

Bellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Greenhill
Looks like my lawn will need its first cut in a couple of days. One week ago the lawns on the hill were looking a little soggy and yellow. They're all green now and growing fast

Well...at least the bugs aren't biting... yet...
I wish the bugs weren't biting yet, I got 10 mozzie bites at the weekend They must love the taste of the brits!!
Old Apr 29th 2009, 1:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

I mowed yesterday, the fist in our Cul-de-sac,i got dirty looks from the male neighbors thoas their wives draged them out to do same
Old Apr 29th 2009, 1:27 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

our lawn was looking very "council"

I very much like that expression. Only understandable by Brits.
Old Apr 29th 2009, 1:37 pm
C'est correck

Canada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Gremmie
I mowed yesterday, the fist in our Cul-de-sac,i got dirty looks from the male neighbors thoas their wives draged them out to do same
Luckily my OH has always enjoyed mowing the lawn
Old Apr 29th 2009, 2:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Canada2006
Luckily my OH has always enjoyed mowing the lawn
Most men do,,,its the only time we dont have to listen to the non stop nagging
Old Apr 29th 2009, 2:48 pm
C'est correck

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Most men do,,,its the only time we dont have to listen to the non stop nagging
OH is female. She prefers I look after the kids!