Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Last Day in UK - Flying out tomorrow...!!

Last Day in UK - Flying out tomorrow...!!

Old Jul 25th 2008, 8:56 am
BE Enthusiast

bandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Last Day in UK - Flying out tomorrow...!!

Well Guys,.,,

That time when I never really thought would happen, is about to!

I've had a great last few days - staying up till 2am drinking and playing guitar (I don't play by the way ) with my very good friends after a dinner with some of the others, and yesterday another friend and her baby came to mum's where I am now, to say good bye and that was nice....

I have a few things to do in Kingston today - redirect mail, international licence, get some money!, oh - and then pack again my 2 fat suitcases!!!!!

I'm still OK, not really hit me yet, but I am really excited to be having a rest in Houston before hitting Canada.. Oh, and the dietting will also start there too, as I've put on a lot of weight these past few months with all that eating and drinking I've been doing....!

OK - may catch ya later, may not, so Good Luck the rest of you and I'll speak soon....

Bandit!
Old Jul 25th 2008, 8:59 am
Pissy Mare

Location: Previously Hertfordshire, now in Chester Basin, Nova Scotia :)
Stonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud of
Default Re: Last Day in UK - Flying out tomorrow...!!

Congratulations Bandit, safe journey
Old Jul 25th 2008, 10:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Bandit, good luck with your new life and hope that everything is as you hoped for.
xx
Old Jul 25th 2008, 10:47 am
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck. Have a great flight.
Old Jul 25th 2008, 11:00 am
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck!

Question though - why do you need an international drivers permit? Won't you be exchanging your license for the provisional equivalent where you land?
Old Jul 25th 2008, 11:13 am
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Best wishes for your big day
Old Jul 25th 2008, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

kiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant future

All the best, have a safe jurney
Old Jul 25th 2008, 12:02 pm

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good Luck B, happy landings
Old Jul 25th 2008, 2:56 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck (not that you'll need it)

Enjoy Houston

AND DONT be a stranger
Old Jul 25th 2008, 3:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

bandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond repute

Afternoon!!!

Well, Kingston was OK - just, and I got all I needed, and I've now successfully re packed my suitcases, and am now knackered adn could do with an ice cold beer, but mother doesn't have any

I'm getting the international licence as it's valid for a year, whereas in BC, my UK one is only valid for 3 months, and just incase I fail my test then I can at least drive. Not that I'm going to buy a car tho!!!

I'll definately keep in touch with y'all. Have feeling I will go through a mass of emotions when I get to Canada and so will need cheering up!!!

Bx
Old Jul 25th 2008, 4:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

jempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bandit
Afternoon!!!

Well, Kingston was OK - just, and I got all I needed, and I've now successfully re packed my suitcases, and am now knackered adn could do with an ice cold beer, but mother doesn't have any

I'm getting the international licence as it's valid for a year, whereas in BC, my UK one is only valid for 3 months, and just incase I fail my test then I can at least drive. Not that I'm going to buy a car tho!!!

I'll definately keep in touch with y'all. Have feeling I will go through a mass of emotions when I get to Canada and so will need cheering up!!!

Bx
INternational licence is irrelevant. Technically! once you are a RESIDENT of BC for longer than 30 days (i.e not on a visitors permit etc) then you need to get a BC licence. I thought this had been done to death for the 2 years i have been on here
Old Jul 25th 2008, 8:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Serious??? No one ever told me that.... Oh bugger, I could have saved myself the money......
Old Jul 25th 2008, 8:08 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

OMG its come so fast yaaaaaaaaay B's joinging us on the right side of the pond.

Wow have the best time with your bro and let us know when you get to BC XXX

Best of luck Bandit
Old Jul 25th 2008, 9:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
OMG its come so fast yaaaaaaaaay B's joinging us on the right side of the pond.

Wow have the best time with your bro and let us know when you get to BC XXX

Best of luck Bandit
Hello You!!!!

I'm just off to bed now, so see you on the 'right' side!!!

Will have to come visit each other too!!!

Bx
Old Jul 25th 2008, 9:50 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Good Luck Bandit,

Hear from you soon from the other side of the pond

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.