Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Landed December 2006.

Landed December 2006.

Old Apr 4th 2007, 6:07 pm
Banned

Lees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud of
Default Landed December 2006.

Hey everyone,
I have not been on the site since i was in England but i thought i would update you on the story. I have been in winnipeg since Christmas and i thought that considering Manitoba is meant to be one of if not the coldest province it generally has not been too bad. I found a job within a month of looking and although it has only been a short while i have already settled down enough to call this place home. To all football (soccer) fans i will just tell you that it is not the same over here although you can watch the games every saturday the Commentary and the analysis of the game is not the same it is very rare that you find out about news of football I.E. i never even heard that Liverpool got successfully bought out by the American company (I found this out by the means of the internet). Generally it is a place that you really should have a drivers license and if you don't it might be easier to invest money whilst still in England to get a license as there is a minimum of 9 month waiting period in order to get a license in manitoba. It is possible to get a learners license in england and accumulate time though and transfer that time so you don't have to wait it out here (if you understand me). All in all you have to realize that it can be a bit frustrating during the winter time because if it is too cold you generally can't go out and do things like walking the dog around the local park so if you are a person that likes to be out in the country a lot you may find that in winter you just wont get the time to be outside for too long so there is a word of warning there. In the summer i know this will be different as if you would like to spend all day outside in the peace and tranquility of the country you wont be too cold to do this.

I hope that i have at least answered some concerns at least for some people and i would just like to say that Canada is not for everybody but it certainly works for me. If anyone has any specific questions for me please feel free to ask. Sorry for rambling.
Old Apr 4th 2007, 7:25 pm
Been there, done that

MCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud of
Default Re: Landed December 2006.

I'm really glad it's working out for you. Summer is around the corner so we'll look forward to further updates of life there.
Old Apr 10th 2007, 12:31 am
Happy in Canada.

Grah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lees147
Hey everyone,
I have not been on the site since i was in England but i thought i would update you on the story. I have been in winnipeg since Christmas and i thought that considering Manitoba is meant to be one of if not the coldest province it generally has not been too bad. I found a job within a month of looking and although it has only been a short while i have already settled down enough to call this place home. To all football (soccer) fans i will just tell you that it is not the same over here although you can watch the games every saturday the Commentary and the analysis of the game is not the same it is very rare that you find out about news of football I.E. i never even heard that Liverpool got successfully bought out by the American company (I found this out by the means of the internet). Generally it is a place that you really should have a drivers license and if you don't it might be easier to invest money whilst still in England to get a license as there is a minimum of 9 month waiting period in order to get a license in manitoba. It is possible to get a learners license in england and accumulate time though and transfer that time so you don't have to wait it out here (if you understand me). All in all you have to realize that it can be a bit frustrating during the winter time because if it is too cold you generally can't go out and do things like walking the dog around the local park so if you are a person that likes to be out in the country a lot you may find that in winter you just wont get the time to be outside for too long so there is a word of warning there. In the summer i know this will be different as if you would like to spend all day outside in the peace and tranquility of the country you wont be too cold to do this.

I hope that i have at least answered some concerns at least for some people and i would just like to say that Canada is not for everybody but it certainly works for me. If anyone has any specific questions for me please feel free to ask. Sorry for rambling.

That's funny about not hearing what channel do you watch? I keep uptodate on Web and Fox sports Canada and rogers sportsnet.

Are you playing for anyone outdoors this year?
Old Apr 10th 2007, 12:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Eastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud of

Hey everyone,

Hi
Thanks for the update and the extra info looks like your settling in well cant you catch all the football updates by logging on to MSN news they normally cover all the match results if not the live coverage of the uk footie
Old Apr 10th 2007, 3:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome back Lees Was it you on the local radio I heard once - or have I got the wrong soon-to-be Winnipeger?

Hey everyone,
I have not been on the site since i was in England but i thought i would update you on the story.