Labour pains?????

Old Mar 28th 2009, 7:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

albertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Labour pains?????

Thank you all so much. Well its 8.30 am here and her BH lasted for about 3 hours. The poor girl. Doesnt know if shes coming or going.
So I'm still waiting for my baby grandson to arrive. He is due on Thursday. We have been joking that maybe we'll get an April Fool but now............ LOL
Tina
Old Mar 28th 2009, 7:53 pm
Sunny Alberta!

Geordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to all

it's all in the drugs [/QUOTE]

what drugs I left it to late got to hospital at 8pm and the baby was born at 8.45.......no drugs needed

Good luck!!! keep us posted albertabound
Old Mar 28th 2009, 7:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

albertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond repute

I had drugs with my first and none with my second. Either way its hard. My DIL is a bit of a softy really so I have advised her to just have anything they offer and to do as shes told.
She is not going to have an epidural so I think that just leaves her with pethidene and entonox, if nothing has changed for 20 years.
Tina
Old Mar 28th 2009, 8:04 pm
Sunny Alberta!

Geordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to all

Originally Posted by albertabound
I had drugs with my first and none with my second. Either way its hard. My DIL is a bit of a softy really so I have advised her to just have anything they offer and to do as shes told.
She is not going to have an epidural so I think that just leaves her with pethidene and entonox, if nothing has changed for 20 years.
Tina
yes agree....take anything on offer. I had to laugh though in my situation I did all this planning at the anti natal classes at the docs and they get you to fill all these papers in of what you would like and organise some music etc ....and then it all goes out the window when its too late for anything, even the gas & air didnt work. If I had of know then what I know now that I would have had a natural birth, they would have had to knock me out thats for sure lol
Old Mar 29th 2009, 5:47 am
Forum Regular

rockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nice

Tina
I werent having an epidural or trying not have any drugs, That lasted about 2 minutes after being induced and i had an epidural with all 3!!!!! (well 2 & 3 were c-sections so had to lol)
Old Mar 29th 2009, 9:03 am
Future Albertan

Kaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond repute

I had pethadine with my DD and diamorphine with my DS, and the diamorphine was so much better! Really good pain relief and didn't make me feel sick.
Has your DIL been warned about her dignity... how it will go out the window!!!

Good luck and I hope it all goes well... when the time comes.
Old Mar 29th 2009, 12:38 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kaye.
I had pethadine with my DD and diamorphine with my DS, and the diamorphine was so much better! Really good pain relief and didn't make me feel sick.
Has your DIL been warned about her dignity... how it will go out the window!!!

Good luck and I hope it all goes well... when the time comes.
Dignity - what dignity?? I let the world and their mother in to watch DD being born - well it felt like it -was actually only 2 student midwives and my mw!!
Old Mar 29th 2009, 4:44 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

When I was a student I got to attend a birth once, but I ended up holding the poor little girl's hand as she was a teenage mum and had NOBODY with her. She had not been to ante-natal classes and was completely terrified and bewildered by the whole experience. So I was left trying to comfort the head end, and never saw what was happening at the other end. I'd never attended a birth before and the only others I have been present at since are my own babies!! (when I'd rather have been somewhere else, as it happens!)

I do remember there was a male medical student there though, and his face was a picture as she was pushing the babe out .... I swear he was "pushing" too!!!
Old Mar 29th 2009, 10:19 pm
Future Albertan

Kaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
Dignity - what dignity?? I let the world and their mother in to watch DD being born - well it felt like it -was actually only 2 student midwives and my mw!!
I think when my DD was born there was about 8 people in

With DS there was only 2 or 3 I think. It's hard to remember when I was so drugged up!!
Old Mar 29th 2009, 10:26 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you all so much. Well its 8.30 am here and her BH lasted for about 3 hours. The poor girl. Doesnt know if shes coming or going.
So I'm still waiting for my baby grandson to arrive. He is due on Thursday. We have been joking that maybe we'll get an April Fool but now............ LOL
Tina
Oh poor girl. I had no BH's with my daughter, but 2 weeks worth before my son decided to finally appear! So many nights I'd be downstairs at 3am, bouncing on my birth ball and thinking 'this is definitely it', only to find they stopped a few hours later. I was exhausted by the time he arrived!!

Not fun, she has my sympathy. Hope the real thing happens soon.
Old Mar 30th 2009, 5:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for that Christmas. I had no BH with my first son but then plenty with my second. This is her first baby and my word , her stomach goes rock hard for about 4 minutes at a time. Never seen anything quite like it. Oh and she's still here lol
Tina