Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Kenmore self cleaning oven????

Kenmore self cleaning oven????

Old Jan 16th 2010, 3:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

albertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond repute
Default Kenmore self cleaning oven????

Hi
Wondering if anyone can help.
We have a kenmore electric cooker. I am trying to use the self cleaning option for the oven without success.
It does not have a model number and there was no manual when we moved into this house.
It has a panel at the back with manual controls and manual timers.
I have turned to "self clean", set the timer for 3 hours as suggested by tinternet but nothing!
Am I missing something? I cant find anything online cos it does'nt have a model name or number.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jan 16th 2010, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

GagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to all
Default Re: Kenmore self cleaning oven????

Originally Posted by albertabound
Hi
Wondering if anyone can help.
We have a kenmore electric cooker. I am trying to use the self cleaning option for the oven without success.
It does not have a model number and there was no manual when we moved into this house.
It has a panel at the back with manual controls and manual timers.
I have turned to "self clean", set the timer for 3 hours as suggested by tinternet but nothing!
Am I missing something? I cant find anything online cos it does'nt have a model name or number.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
You've done 1 & 2 but have you pressed the "start"?
Old Jan 16th 2010, 3:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

albertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond repute

Its manual, probably a bit old and I can't see a "start" button.
But I have just moved the timer knob around and the oven light came on.
I'll see what happens.
I've been bloomin messin with this for over 2 hours.
Old Jan 16th 2010, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

GagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to all

Originally Posted by albertabound
Its manual, probably a bit old and I can't see a "start" button.
But I have just moved the timer knob around and the oven light came on.
I'll see what happens.
I've been bloomin messin with this for over 2 hours.
Don't forget to open the windows. Ugh!
Old Jan 16th 2010, 3:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GagainPEI
Don't forget to open the windows. Ugh!
Yay, I'm seeing smoke!!!
Thanks
Old Jan 16th 2010, 5:39 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

If there was substantial burnon you should probably have scraped/washed most of that off before setting/activating the self-cleaning switch. I have a Kenmore self-cleaning and that's what the manual suggests.
Old Jan 16th 2010, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Auld Yin
If there was substantial burnon you should probably have scraped/washed most of that off before setting/activating the self-cleaning switch. I have a Kenmore self-cleaning and that's what the manual suggests.
I do that but it still smokes a lot at first & the oven's had a hell of a workout, the last few weeks.
Old Jan 16th 2010, 6:10 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

I do that but it still smokes a lot at first & the oven's had a hell of a workout, the last few weeks.
I left half a meatball in the bottom of the one here at the holiday let...just to see what would happen. It was like magic - poof - no meatball to be seen once the process was over..
Old Jan 16th 2010, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
I left half a meatball in the bottom of the one here at the holiday let...just to see what would happen. It was like magic - poof - no meatball to be seen once the process was over..
After the trials & tribulations of the past year, you did that! When we lived in a rental, I was too scared to do anything out of the ordinary. You must have a death wish girl.

Did it stink the house out with smoke? It always does here.
Old Jan 16th 2010, 6:53 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

After the trials & tribulations of the past year, you did that! When we lived in a rental, I was too scared to do anything out of the ordinary. You must have a death wish girl.

Did it stink the house out with smoke? It always does here.
LOL not my oven not my problem..! I have ordered the same oven for when I move back home so was testing out what it can do! I will not be playing silly beggers with my one - probably won't even turn it on..just in case of fire..!

No smoke - it is a super new one so it doesn't seem to have the stenchyness of the older models.
Old Jan 16th 2010, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
LOL not my oven not my problem..! I have ordered the same oven for when I move back home so was testing out what it can do! I will not be playing silly beggers with my one - probably won't even turn it on..just in case of fire..!

No smoke - it is a super new one so it doesn't seem to have the stenchyness of the older models.
Well I bought mine in July & it still stinks for a couple of hours. But never mind,
Old Jan 16th 2010, 7:31 pm

Well I bought mine in July & it still stinks for a couple of hours. But never mind,
What kind is it?
Old Jan 16th 2010, 8:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Auld Yin
Yes, I did that. Got that info from the internet while looking for operating instructions.
It only smoked for about 15 mins so not too bad.
Old Jan 17th 2010, 12:48 am
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Good Lord. Should I be cleaning the oven? I've only had it three years it can't be dirty yet.
Old Jan 17th 2010, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by fledermaus
Good Lord. Should I be cleaning the oven? I've only had it three years it can't be dirty yet.
I actually just throw mine away when they need cleaning. Buy a new one. Saves having to breathe in stinky fumes from the self cleaning progam...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.