Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Just incase your a Fool....

Just incase your a Fool....

Old Dec 31st 2008, 1:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

bandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just incase your a Fool....

When I was young - growing up in Montreal, we had a family roast / dinner each sunday.

My brother and I were both allowed wine with water (teeny tiny bit of wine) just to make it look red at each of these meals. Both my parents are Irish!

In Europe, alcohol is much more available and distributed around kids in the 'home', and yet it's the UK that has the largest problem.

If it's legal then it's not a bad thing to issue guidelines.... If not why not change the law to make it illegal?

Bx
Old Dec 31st 2008, 1:44 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Caitilin
yes and i saw a report that tolerance makes for less bullying and suicides, and oh, hey, here's a concept, respect for others.

Geez, you poor thing, you must have had an intolerant family.
LOL if only you knew
Old Dec 31st 2008, 1:47 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bandit
When I was young - growing up in Montreal, we had a family roast / dinner each sunday.

My brother and I were both allowed wine with water (teeny tiny bit of wine) just to make it look red at each of these meals. Both my parents are Irish!

In Europe, alcohol is much more available and distributed around kids in the 'home', and yet it's the UK that has the largest problem.

If it's legal then it's not a bad thing to issue guidelines.... If not why not change the law to make it illegal?

Bx
I just don't see why you need to let the kid's have it though - what benefit is it to the kids. Why not add red food colouring?

I definately agree that the UK has a bad alcohol problem though but quite how learning how much I can give my 5 year old will help resolve this problem escapes me.

Now I am off to drink my wine...lol
Old Dec 31st 2008, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

zmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nice

To get back on to topic - my parents used to water down a glass of Black Tower (was fashionable in the 80s but wouldn't touch it with a barge pole now!) when I was about 13ish and it didn't do me any harm! In fact I like a much nicer glass of wine now! Can't beat a cold, crisp Sauvignon Blanc or a nice Pinot Noir.

Anyway, saying that I would never even think to give alcohol, watered down or not, to a 5 year old!

Now if we can all be nice to each other for 5 minutes and not read too much into any of my comments I'll wish you a very Happy New Year and I promise not to go on about the grammar!

Zoe M. xx
Old Dec 31st 2008, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by zmartin
To get back on to topic - my parents used to water down a glass of Black Tower (was fashionable in the 80s but wouldn't touch it with a barge pole now!) when I was about 13ish and it didn't do me any harm! In fact I like a much nicer glass of wine now! Can't beat a cold, crisp Sauvignon Blanc or a nice Pinot Noir.

Anyway, saying that I would never even think to give alcohol, watered down or not, to a 5 year old!

Now if we can all be nice to each other for 5 minutes and not read too much into any of my comments I'll wish you a very Happy New Year and I promise not to go on about the grammar!

Zoe M. xx
Oh come on...it's not Xmas anymore and I have been annoyed today and this is my escape...lol!

I saw Black Tower in the Liquor Store the other day and it took my back to my youth!

Happy New Year to you as well x
Old Dec 31st 2008, 1:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

zmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nice

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Oh come on...it's not Xmas anymore and I have been annoyed today and this is my escape...lol!
Mine too after a not so great day at work but I just hate it when everyone starts clawing each others eyes out over a couple of typed comments.

Unfortunately life is too short.

Anyway have a great night! We're just tucking in to a nice Cab Sav and will no doubt get the bubbly out later. 5 hours and counting!!!!

Zoe M. xx
Old Dec 31st 2008, 1:59 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh. My children had red wine spooned to them in their prams. I suppose that's why they grew up francophone.
Old Dec 31st 2008, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by dbd33
Oh. My children had red wine spooned to them in their prams. I suppose that's why they grew up francophone.
LOL - May I whisper that...I Love You....
Old Dec 31st 2008, 2:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond repute

My goodness, what bit you on the bum? I don't think I was nasty to you - perhaps your just feeling a bit sensitive? Did my original post say "Oooh I saw this and thought of Caitilin and what her parents used to give her when she was younger?" Get over yourself.

No, you just carried on to assume that they drink every afternoon and hey, lets carry on with that. Yeah, I'm calling it as I see it. Nasty.

And if you don't care for that one I've got another phrase for it. Spiteful.

Adn if you don't care for that? Maybe you should try thinking before you type it.
Old Dec 31st 2008, 2:04 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

LOL - May I whisper that...I Love You....
Why thank you. I was going to mention smearing it on nipples when they were cranky babies but wondered if that might be too much information.
Old Dec 31st 2008, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

sas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond repute

I saw a report that said children who are introduced to alcohol at a young age are likely to be highly strung when they get older.....

I was never offered alcohol as a child and as an adult i am highly strung

Might start smoking pot now i'm in Canada, got to fit in .
Old Dec 31st 2008, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by Caitilin
No, you just carried on to assume that they drink every afternoon and hey, lets carry on with that. Yeah, I'm calling it as I see it. Nasty.

And if you don't care for that one I've got another phrase for it. Spiteful.

Adn if you don't care for that? Maybe you should try thinking before you type it.
I was teasing you as I felt your first post was a bit over the top.....and now your just scaring me.
Old Dec 31st 2008, 2:06 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

Why thank you. I was going to mention smearing it on nipples when they were cranky babies but wondered if that might be too much information.
You don't find that kind of filth on facebook these days....
Old Dec 31st 2008, 2:07 pm

Just a tweak...ha a tweak..nipples...tweak..get it....lol
Old Dec 31st 2008, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by sas-lou
I was never offered alcohol as a child and as an adult i am highly strung

Might start smoking pot now i'm in Canada, got to fit in .
lol - I wonder how much of that your allowed to give to 5 year olds....lol

Hope your having a better time of it today.

x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.