Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Just found something that I AM missing ..!

Just found something that I AM missing ..!

Old Apr 8th 2008, 6:18 pm
Curiously Wise

Jingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Just found something that I AM missing ..!

Talking to my mum at the weekend and she was saying how the birdsong has been lovely for the past week and I suddenly realised that we don't hear too many birds here in Calgary .... then I found this and I have had a lovely morning at work - but a lot of funny looks from my colleagues!

J
Old Apr 8th 2008, 6:28 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just found something that I AM missing ..!

I just said to my wife this morning that I hadnt realised how quiet it had been until I noticed this morning that the dawn chorus was back.

Spring has (finally) sprung here in Ontario, most of the snow is melted, my car has its regular shoes back on, and the Boss was in his Miata this morning.

Last edited by iaink; Apr 8th 2008 at 6:32 pm.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 6:55 pm
Thinking the unthinkable.

Madmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
I just said to my wife this morning that I hadnt realised how quiet it had been until I noticed this morning that the dawn chorus was back.

Spring has (finally) sprung here in Ontario, most of the snow is melted, my car has its regular shoes back on, and the Boss was in his Miata this morning.
Absolutely lovely here in Guelph. The CAO even sent an e-mail around telling everyone to get out and walk in the sunshine for 10 minutes (we'll probably be docked pay for this? lol).

Can't imagine DBD doing that for his staff can you?
Old Apr 8th 2008, 7:37 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madmac

Can't imagine DBD doing that for his staff can you?
Not unless he intended to fire them and needed to change the locks

Besides, dbd maintains in a very legally binding way that he doesnt have staff, they are all independent self employed subcontractors.

(he just happens to tell them when and where to work and how much they will get paid...)
Old Apr 8th 2008, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

canbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to behold

Must be spring, I can hear the bull frogs in the pond doing their business.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 10:26 pm
Thinking the unthinkable.

Madmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
Not unless he intended to fire them and needed to change the locks

Besides, dbd maintains in a very legally binding way that he doesnt have staff, they are all independent self employed subcontractors.

(he just happens to tell them when and where to work and how much they will get paid...)
That man has a heart of Gold.........probably isotope gold-198, (half-life: 2.7 days).

Only kidding DB - we think you're smashing......really.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 12:16 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingle
Talking to my mum at the weekend and she was saying how the birdsong has been lovely for the past week and I suddenly realised that we don't hear too many birds here in Calgary .... then I found this and I have had a lovely morning at work - but a lot of funny looks from my colleagues!

J
I remember talking to my Mum one day on the phone and she was in the garden. I could hear all these birds tweeting away. I felt so homesick it scared me. We sold our newer house in the newer subdivision and moved to a older house in an established neighbourhood with big trees. There is now birdsong, different to what we used to have but still comforting to hear.