Just desserts...

Old Aug 24th 2010, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just desserts...

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Can I ask, without sounding too gruseome, what happens to the bit of body where the skin has been removed for the graft? Ie: from your knee to your waist? Does it kind of stay fleshy until it grows back new skin.

You're not obliged to answer and I really don't want to sound unmindful of your pain and ordeal but I am interested and curious. Had I been a bit brighter in chemistry and physics I might have got into something medical. I loved biology but hated chemistry and physics.
Dont worry it doesnt bother me, they cut out like a a "Pork Tenderloin " piece that contains plenty of good blood vessels and an artery. The leg was then basicly then squished together and stappled shut ( 186 staples ). At the bottom of the cut a drain pipe with collection bag were attached, this was removed aftewr 3-4 weeks. The leg has grown back to be almost normal.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 8:29 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Dont worry it doesnt bother me, they cut out like a a "Pork Tenderloin " piece that contains plenty of good blood vessels and an artery. The leg was then basicly then squished together and stappled shut ( 186 staples ). At the bottom of the cut a drain pipe with collection bag were attached, this was removed aftewr 3-4 weeks. The leg has grown back to be almost normal.
Thanks so much for your answer. I didn't know that they would use staples to close up a large piece of open flesh. I suppose they have to though to get the skin to knit back together.

Anyway - medical questions aside - here's a pyschological one.
Do you feel like you've been given a new lease of life?
Old Aug 24th 2010, 8:46 am
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

A little further north for the skin graft and you'd have struggled to know your arse from your elbow Gremmie.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks so much for your answer. I didn't know that they would use staples to close up a large piece of open flesh. I suppose they have to though to get the skin to knit back together.

Anyway - medical questions aside - here's a pyschological one.
Do you feel like you've been given a new lease of life?
Not from this accident no. I was crushed between 2 trucks 6 years ago and was in a coma for 2 weeks ( 24 broken & shatered ribs, both lungs deflated and collar bone broke ) after that one it felt like a new lease of life.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 9:25 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Not from this accident no. I was crushed between 2 trucks 6 years ago and was in a coma for 2 weeks ( 24 broken & shatered ribs, both lungs deflated and collar bone broke ) after that one it felt like a new lease of life.
Jesus, Mary and Joseph - I'm almost sorry I asked - very glad that you're okay though.

You must have been through the wringer and back again.
I'm not generally superstitious (apart from the usual Irish upbringing) but you must either have a very good guardian angel or be like a cat with the so called nine lives.

Stay safe xxx
Old Aug 24th 2010, 9:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Jesus, Mary and Joseph - I'm almost sorry I asked - very glad that you're okay though.

You must have been through the wringer and back again.
I'm not generally superstitious (apart from the usual Irish upbringing) but you must either have a very good guardian angel or be like a cat with the so called nine lives.

Stay safe xxx
I work in the ofice now much safer than being out side
Old Aug 24th 2010, 11:32 am

I work in the ofice now much safer than being out side
I still have to say, stay safe.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 11:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Nope he admited all 3 counts, done and dusted deal. Plus i have now heard he has terminal cancer, i should feel sorry but i dont coz he didnt care what he did to me..
You are confusing the "guilty" part of the proceedings with the sentencing part. I accept he won't appeal the verdict but will he appeal the sentence? With terminal cancer he has little to lose as it would appear he will locked up until he dies.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 11:48 am
Pictou County Superstarâ„¢

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute

Likewise

Obviously this subject is a sensitive one to me, considering what happened back in July. But, lately, in this area, there's been a number of really horrific accidents on the local highway (TCH 104), many involving trucks.

A lot of people have been complaining of bad driving, people going "too fast", or "too slow" or about the road or roadworks etc. The local newspaper today had a front page story telling everyone to "slow down".

Is it just here in this area or is there some end-of-summer, going-back-to-school or weather-related madness that's going on all around the country?

I still have to say, stay safe.

Last edited by Greenhill; Aug 24th 2010 at 12:00 pm. Reason: link added
Old Aug 24th 2010, 11:49 am
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
You are confusing the "guilty" part of the proceedings with the sentencing part. I accept he won't appeal the verdict but will he appeal the sentence? With terminal cancer he has little to lose as it would appear he will locked up until he dies.
You get good healthcare in prison so that might please him.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 11:49 am

and did a good wish for the alive victim cross your mind?
Old Aug 24th 2010, 12:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

and did a good wish for the alive victim cross your mind?
I doubt Gremmie is as sensitive as you appear to be
Old Aug 24th 2010, 12:18 pm

I doubt Gremmie is as sensitive as you appear to be
I am a sensitive soul. I believe that Gremmie has overcome much pain, difficulty and obstacles that I will never know the like of and I don't even know if he will ever be the same man ... I also believe that cancer is dreadful and I don't wish it upon anybody. The perp got his sentence for his breaking the law. If he now has cancer, that's another story.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 1:25 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

No wonder you recently got married - the missus must have thought "with his luck i'll collecting on some life insurance pretty soon!"

Obviously joking, glad it turned out ok G.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 1:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
No wonder you recently got married - the missus must have thought "with his luck i'll collecting on some life insurance pretty soon!"

Obviously joking, glad it turned out ok G.
you all so just got married, does Darcy no he's going to have an accident soon also

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.