Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Just curious, how old are you?

Just curious, how old are you?

Old Oct 27th 2007, 6:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

joelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to behold
Default Just curious, how old are you?

In my experience, of expats that i've met, they have all been mid to late 30's early 40's when they emigrated. We fall into that catagory, oh was 37 when we applied and 40 when we moved, i was 35 and 38 respectively.

I suppose it's a mid-life, don't do it now then never will, kind've thing, when people in that age group emigrate, also they're probably secure enough financially/relationship/career to make the big move. as was the case with us.

So just wondered what ages people are? (i'm also just nosey)

Jo

Last edited by joelsa; Oct 27th 2007 at 6:47 pm. Reason: to add
Old Oct 27th 2007, 7:06 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just curious, how old are you?

Originally Posted by joelsa
In my experience, of expats that i've met, they have all been mid to late 30's early 40's when they emigrated. We fall into that catagory, oh was 37 when we applied and 40 when we moved, i was 35 and 38 respectively.

I suppose it's a mid-life, don't do it now then never will, kind've thing, when people in that age group emigrate, also they're probably secure enough financially/relationship/career to make the big move. as was the case with us.

So just wondered what ages people are? (i'm also just nosey)

Jo
I was 27 and the OH was 25 when we left the UK. That was some time ago.

I predict this thread will reach many many pages in length.
Old Oct 27th 2007, 7:16 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

I was 24 when I moved. I'm not now.
Old Oct 27th 2007, 7:17 pm
has got PPR yay baby !!!!

deenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud of

i am 31 and hubby is 34 , we will be over next year , x
Old Oct 27th 2007, 7:17 pm
riding the saltchuck

Edna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond repute

I am 14 and always will be
Old Oct 27th 2007, 7:19 pm
sticky beaking

R2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to behold

21 and gorgeous...................for the rest of my life !

(We were both early 30's when we made the big jump.)

Last edited by R2D2; Oct 27th 2007 at 7:22 pm.
Old Oct 27th 2007, 7:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

clairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant future

hi, i am 36 but will be 37 when we go to Canada and my partner is 26..
Old Oct 27th 2007, 7:36 pm
Thinking the unthinkable.

Madmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I was 24 when I moved. I'm not now.
Really? I could have sworn you looked in your twenties! <cranks irony dial waaaaaaaaaaay up>

We were 35 and 35 when we landed. Subtract 3 years for the length of time since starting the whole process.
Old Oct 27th 2007, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Was 27 when i left th UK for Switzerland,stayed 20 yrs,now 47 going on 48 in Canada
Old Oct 27th 2007, 7:41 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

I was 16 when I arrived here a "long long" time ago (1963) you do the math.

Last edited by Steve_P; Oct 27th 2007 at 9:40 pm.
Old Oct 27th 2007, 8:13 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madmac
Really? I could have sworn you looked in your twenties! <cranks irony dial waaaaaaaaaaay up>

We were 35 and 35 when we landed. Subtract 3 years for the length of time since starting the whole process.
"Young as the woman you feel" innit.
Old Oct 27th 2007, 8:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

We were 25 and 26 when we arrived in Montreal after a few months planning. We moved in September only because that's when the lease was up on our flat in Belfast. That as 8 years ago.
Old Oct 27th 2007, 8:19 pm

or4ngecrush is an unknown quantity at this point

I was 27 when I started seriously thinking about Canada I'm now 29 and still going through paperwork, my OH is 26.
Old Oct 27th 2007, 8:49 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Moved here a little over 2yrs ago when I was 35.
Old Oct 27th 2007, 9:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond repute

I celebrated my "forty oneth" birthday last Sunday in Toronto one week after arriving in this great city - OH celebrated his 30th in Vancouver in August when we were on vacation.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.