View Poll Results: UK election choices ...
Theresa May
45.00%
Anyone BUT !
55.00%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

June 8th poll

Old May 19th 2017, 8:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Shakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: June 8th poll

I'm starting to Terminator 2's judgement day may have been an improvement...
Old May 19th 2017, 8:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Shakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond repute

I voted for Cameron and Osbourne as I felt their policy of cutting spending to get back to a budgetary surplus was definitely a good idea. I don't buy into this idea of spending for growth, the whole of the west has been using that idea for two decades and continued to go deeper into debt in the process. Now we're faced with May who wants to spend and Corbyn who wants to spend. If we have to spend then in my opinion I'd rather it be an idealist hippy choosing who gets the money than a grammar school rich establishment loving Conservative.

But I have to admit every interview I see with Diane Abbott makes me want to bang my head against a wall. I mean seriously, is she really the best Labour has for that position... for any position!? The woman is an expense abusing idiot.
Old May 19th 2017, 2:56 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shakyuk
But I have to admit every interview I see with Diane Abbott makes me want to bang my head against a wall. I mean seriously, is she really the best Labour has for that position... for any position!? The woman is an expense abusing idiot.
It would be a very serious mistake to underestimate this woman. I have followed her climb up the greasy pole for many years. I think her ambition is limited only by availability of opportunity and I expect there to be many of these in the near future.
Old May 19th 2017, 3:17 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if those conservative OAP's that may lose their 'winter fuel allowance' will now vote labour?

Labour says curbs on winter fuel payments 'sick and sneaky' - BBC News

source BBC "At the moment, households automatically receive a single payment, ranging from £100 to £300"
Old May 19th 2017, 4:56 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave_j
...I think her ambition is limited only by availability of opportunity and I expect there to be many of these in the near future.
Is she going to cross the floor then?
Old May 19th 2017, 5:11 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave_j
It would be a very serious mistake to underestimate this woman. I have followed her climb up the greasy pole for many years. I think her ambition is limited only by availability of opportunity and I expect there to be many of these in the near future.
Agreed, no one should underestimate Dianne's hypocrisy or incompetence.
Old May 19th 2017, 5:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

The chances of those of us with a Postal Vote actually being able to vote in time are slim.

My 'home' constituency's city council are ALREADY suggesting that our ballot cards may not be delivered in time to return them by 8th June, even IF they do actually manage to put the correct postage on them as well as the airmail sticker, rather than just UK second class postage and an airmail sticker.

Ridiculous that we have a fairly high chance of being Disenfranchised because of lazy incompetent public employees....
Old May 19th 2017, 6:53 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by withabix
The chances of those of us with a Postal Vote actually being able to vote in time are slim.
My 'home' constituency's city council are ALREADY suggesting that our ballot cards may not be delivered in time
I registered for the referendum vote and then got told the same thing, so I didn't see it through. But then everything was done in time after all.
Ridiculous that we have a fairly high chance of being Disenfranchised because of lazy incompetent public employees....
With that discriminatory, prejudiced, stereotypical, thoughtless, generalisation I hope they don't get it to you in time. It would serve you right.
Old May 19th 2017, 7:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
discriminatory, prejudiced, stereotypical, thoughtless, generalisation.
Maybe. But true.

Most of them wouldn't survive in the private sector, where ownership and responsibility is required to keep your job. Not just turning up and collecting your pay and excessively generous pension at the end.

Lazy: not making sure it happens

Incompetent: putting domestic postage on international mail
Old May 19th 2017, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe. But true.

Most of them wouldn't survive in the private sector, where ownership and responsibility is required to keep your job. Not just turning up and collecting your pay and excessively generous pension at the end.

Lazy: not making sure it happens

Incompetent: putting domestic postage on international mail
Why don't you nominate a proxy in UK, who can vote postally if necessary on your behalf ? Seems simplest solution
Old May 19th 2017, 8:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Hawkmoon77
Why don't you nominate a proxy in UK, who can vote postally if necessary on your behalf ? Seems simplest solution
Because I shouldn't have to!

They have a system - it should work. This is 2017, not 1917.

Maybe they need to adopt the BC system of Absentee Voting - polling stations at Embassies/HCs or no conclusion to the Election for 2+ weeks after polling day, to allow for absentee votes to de delivered.

Not serious on that - the BC system is ridiculous in terms of the 2 week thing, however the current UK system is clearly not fit for purpose.
Old May 19th 2017, 8:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond repute

Because I shouldn't have to!

They have a system - it should work. This is 2017, not 1917.

Maybe they need to adopt the BC system of Absentee Voting - polling stations at Embassies/HCs or no conclusion to the Election for 2+ weeks after polling day, to allow for absentee votes to de delivered.

Not serious on that - the BC system is ridiculous in terms of the 2 week thing, however the current UK system is clearly not fit for purpose.

I agree it's ridiculous that overseas have so little time to post their own vote.

However, I do want to vote, which is why I use the method described. Far from perfect, but it will work.

And yes, BC is just plain daft to take so long.
Old May 19th 2017, 9:30 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

All voting systems are at the mercy of those in power at the time. If there are obstacles placed in the way of expat voting then this results from what the party in power will consider an avoidable risk. I suggest that the BE poll on this thread is an example that will provide interesting comparison to the real thing, after all, expats are less open to wall-to-wall propoganda. So these systems aren't daft or ridiculous.. they serve a purpose, just not one the rest of us approve of.

In a more representative world, Trump would not be president, but it served the democrats.. or so they thought.. not to question the electoral college system.
Old May 27th 2017, 5:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Got my postal vote today, which was a surprise!

It arrived with only Royal Mail 1st Class printed on the envelopes, but was delivered.

Return 'B' envelope has free international airmail, so no stamp required.

Looks like I won't get disenfranchised this year 🙂
Old May 27th 2017, 5:19 am
Listen to the Music

Looks like I won't get disenfranchised this year 🙂
It hasn't arrived and been counted yet...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.