Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Job Site - Monster (.co.uk v .ca)

Job Site - Monster (.co.uk v .ca)

Old Jun 11th 2008, 11:13 am
BE Enthusiast

bandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Job Site - Monster (.co.uk v .ca)

Hi

I want to start posting my resume on Monster.ca however I don't know if it will show up on Monster.co.uk????

Does anyone know?

I work in recruitment and we use Monster alot, so I don't want it appearing on searches we do here - that would just be silly!

Bx
Old Jun 11th 2008, 11:34 am
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job Site - Monster (.co.uk v .ca)

There's an option to restrict it by country I believe, I still however found that I got UK agents ringing me :curse:
Old Jun 11th 2008, 3:17 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by G77
There's an option to restrict it by country I believe, I still however found that I got UK agents ringing me :curse:
Ditto, we put OH resume on monster ca and only got uk companys head hunting him, got really stressed with one company that wouldnt take no for an answer, we did the direct route with employers in the end
Old Jun 11th 2008, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

londonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of light

Yes I am afraid that no matter what you do there uk agents ring you up. I was a bit wary of this but tried it anyway. Next day I got three calls eek.

I was talking to one guy who said that yes, he could see that I was looking at Vancouver only but he said that they call everyone anyway.

That system sucks !!!

:-)
Old Jun 11th 2008, 4:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

bandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond repute

Did you keep your UK addresses on it, or use a Vancouver / Canadian one?
Old Jun 11th 2008, 4:26 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

personally I don't rate monster.ca much , seems to be full of spam type jobs and peoplke offereing you to make a small fortune in only two hours a day, "must have internet access and checking account" , presumably with a large fortune in it !!

Workopolis is better in my opinion
Old Jun 11th 2008, 5:11 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

you can also sign up to jobbank.gc.ca and get them to sent daily links to jobs in your field, we did this and it came ack with loads.

i do say that contacting employers direct and just enquirying works for alot, we did this. If you know where you want to be then email firms direct and see if they have anything going or coming up soon.

The job that my other half got we have never seen advertised, but they said they had been advertising for over a year or someone
(didnt ask him where he advertised, but hey it worked )
Old Jun 11th 2008, 6:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cool. I'll sign up for job bank and how I get on.

I am also applying to companies from here, but I've found they won't entertain my application until I get to Canada. May be different now, as I have a rough start date available.

Bx
Old Jun 11th 2008, 8:04 pm
Just Joined

Lisa Monster is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

I'm the web editor for Monster.ca and I'll look into this matter.

I should have an answer for you all within the week.

Thanks.

Lisa Epstein
[email protected]
Old Jun 12th 2008, 5:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bandit
Hi

I want to start posting my resume on Monster.ca however I don't know if it will show up on Monster.co.uk????

Does anyone know?

I work in recruitment and we use Monster alot, so I don't want it appearing on searches we do here - that would just be silly!

Bx
hi
Just from personal experiance ,We find Monster UK and Monster CA really useful for getting jobs both of OH two previous jobs have been the result of applying on them and it seems a third is now in the pipeline
Old Jun 12th 2008, 8:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lisa Monster
Hi everyone,

I'm the web editor for Monster.ca and I'll look into this matter.

I should have an answer for you all within the week.

Thanks.

Lisa Epstein
[email protected]
Hi Lisa

That would be helpful as I don't want my CV to be brought up on UK searches.

It may be the addresses if the job seeker is still in the UK, makes them come up on searches, even if they intend to get a job in Canada.

Bx
Old Jun 13th 2008, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

David P will become famous soon enough

Make sure you put a Canadian address.

I first got lots of UK compaines calling me even though my details stated quite clearly I was looking in Canada. So I altered my address to a province of BC and country of Canada and that stopped the calls.
Old Jun 13th 2008, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

bluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nice

My OH registered interest with them for jobs in Canada and we just keep getting emails for jobs in the UK!
Old Jun 13th 2008, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well

As some may notice from my other post, which details, that my boss now knows that I'm mvoing, it will be less of an issue. I shall start putting my resume on line next week....

Bx