Ireland votes Yes

Old May 24th 2015, 5:36 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ireland votes Yes

Originally Posted by Shard
That's a simplistic view. Person 2 has not made any effort to understand why he dislikes something. If that something is (say) a make of vehicle, who cares, if it's fellow human beings, then the person should make more effort rather than remaining ignorant.
Person 2 did, he said its unnatural. His or her opinion maybe based on upbringing.?

I don't like melons, to me they taste horrid. How can anyone eat Melon? We all know it taste bad yeh? Also egg plant sucks too.
Old May 24th 2015, 5:40 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by conniewalker
No problem . anytime you're similarly bored enough to make pointless comments I shall make sure I give you food for thought.
ha?
Old May 24th 2015, 5:40 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnumpi
Person 2 did, he said its unnatural. His or her opinion maybe based on upbringing.?

I don't like melons, to me they taste horrid. How can anyone eat Melon? We all know it taste bad yeh? Also egg plant sucks too.
Agree on eggplant.

Yup, based on upbringing, education and experience. And that's what debate seeks to clarify. Sometimes you can have a massive debate and still remain unconvinced, as happened to me on the "Trial" thread, but it's still good to thrash things out.
Old May 24th 2015, 5:41 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry I disagree, I think people base their opinions on just that, it's their opinion, then they get bullied on the webternet and its then that they look for validation
people need to grow up. opinions are not precious snowflakes, they can and will be questioned.
Old May 24th 2015, 5:42 pm

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Agree on eggplant.

Yup, based on upbringing, education and experience. And that's what debate seeks to clarify. Sometimes you can have a massive debate and still remain unconvinced, as happened to me on the "Trial" thread, but it's still good to thrash things out.
Agreed

So is it not wrong to just go off on one and click "bully mode" as soon as some one posts an alternative position on a subject ?
Old May 24th 2015, 5:47 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed

So is it not wrong to just go off on one and click "bully mode" as soon as some one posts an alternative position on a subject ?

What's bully mode.
Old May 24th 2015, 5:50 pm

F2 key
Old May 24th 2015, 8:02 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tirytory
I've edited it...it was just a chain of thought since I was talking about discrimination of gay couples on Friday night. The first comment of course was aimed at you with your "gays" and "homos"...
No I didn't. I quoted you directly hence the quotation marks and the only other sentence I wrote was a factual one ... Anyone whether gay or straight should be able to marry.

I try to not define people by sexuality, race, religion or politics. There's probably a name for me too.

Last edited by Tirytory; May 24th 2015 at 8:04 pm.
Old May 24th 2015, 9:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

If you're referring to MY post (and excuse me if you're not) then I certainly did mean what I posted. It wasn't a homophobic post at all and neither was I expressing any "vile" opinions. I know some very nice people who are gay but they don't "climb on rooftops" to point out to the rest of the world that they consider themselves hard done by. I don't actually know any homophobics but the constant press coverage of a minority group becomes so wearisome to most readers that they eventually will become a target for criticism.

Bored now!
Have you actually asked the very nice people who are gay what they think?
Old May 24th 2015, 10:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
We actually live in a retirement apartment block in the gay area of Bournemouth, and just walking around you wouldn't think that a lot of the people you see on the street are gay, we do get the 'Pride' march in this area, but the majority of those taking part are not the flamboyant demonstrative type.

I was, a few years ago, the PRO of British Naturism, and we had to tell the clubs in our organisation that they could not discriminate against single males and also gay coples. This did propmt a lot of discussion in the clubs who had to change the wording of their rules so as not to be discriminatory, and I know of one club where some of the committee members siad, well we are OK, and we don't have any of that sort of people here, and were totally flabbergasted to be told there were at least 3 gay couples as members, these were female couples, and the committee members just though they were two females sharing a caravan, females couyld get away with that, two males would not.
I would say one in ten is putting the figure low.
Old May 25th 2015, 1:46 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
I would say one in ten is putting the figure low.
I don't think it matters how many people want to marry someone of the same sex; the State has no good reason to prohibit any two consenting adults from marrying each other. It should not be the case that discrimination against some group of consenting adults should be allowable depending on the outcome of a plebiscite; two consenting adults should be able to marry one another and that's all.
Old May 25th 2015, 5:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by dbd33
I don't think it matters how many people want to marry someone of the same sex; the State has no good reason to prohibit any two consenting adults from marrying each other. It should not be the case that discrimination against some group of consenting adults should be allowable depending on the outcome of a plebiscite; two consenting adults should be able to marry one another and that's all.
Agreed.
Old May 25th 2015, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Have you actually asked the very nice people who are gay what they think?
No, I wouldn't dream of doing that. A person's sexual preferences ought to be private and it would be blatantly obvious if I raised the matter that I had thought about their sexual lives and formed an opinion of them based on what I surmised-be that prejudiced or not or "I don't give a hoot" opinion.
In truth I don't care who marries who-even cousins. What irks me is the fuss made.
Old May 25th 2015, 12:08 pm

No, I wouldn't dream of doing that. A person's sexual preferences ought to be private and it would be blatantly obvious if I raised the matter that I had thought about their sexual lives and formed an opinion of them based on what I surmised-be that prejudiced or not or "I don't give a hoot" opinion.
In truth I don't care who marries who-even cousins. What irks me is the fuss made.
I get what u mean. In this instance you can't blame the gay community for advertising being gay as it was a national vote that made the headline not a gay lobby or protest.

But let's take the Gay Pride parades! That's were Toronto is closed down and the whole town celebrate being gay. When will we organise a straight lace parade or a married M-FM couple parade day, maybe a midget or short people under 5'5 parade/celebration ? Oh err we don't need them as its, well it's just not trendy to do so !!

Last edited by magnumpi; May 25th 2015 at 12:38 pm.
Old May 25th 2015, 12:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

I get what u mean. In this instance you can't blame the gay community for advertising being gay as it was a national vote that made the headline not a gay lobby or protest.

But let's take the Gay Pride parades! That's were Toronto is closed down and the whole town celebrate being gay. When will we organise a straight lace parade or a married M-FM couple parade day, maybe a midget or short people under 5'5 parade/celebration ? Oh err we don't need them as its, well it's just not trendy to do so !!
How about ginger's too?
the whole town celebrate being gay-what happens if one isn't gay? do you just go away for the day or stay indoors? Sounds like utter nonsense

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.