Investment Ideas

Old May 4th 2021, 6:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Revin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Investment Ideas

Originally Posted by Danny B
That's what all the naysayers said in 2016 regarding Bitcoin. But yes, you are right, it's a complete gamble.
I bought $300 worth back in April which is now worth $1,200. I'll probably sell mine as soon as Elon is done hosting SNL, hopefully he bigs it up during the show and it sky rockets even more.
Dogecoin would be a very stressful buy. I made the mistake of increasing my Bitcoin holding substantially - after riding the roller coaster for a few weeks - it was up 10% at one point - I've bottled it and gone back to my safe haven ETFs. I may have lost nearly 6% on Bitcoin overall but my stress levels have now returned to normal!
Old May 5th 2021, 2:40 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Revin Kevin
Dogecoin would be a very stressful buy. I made the mistake of increasing my Bitcoin holding substantially - after riding the roller coaster for a few weeks - it was up 10% at one point - I've bottled it and gone back to my safe haven ETFs. I may have lost nearly 6% on Bitcoin overall but my stress levels have now returned to normal!
I know what you mean, however, it's up to 0.65 now. I think I will dump and run if it ever reaches a $1
Old May 5th 2021, 4:25 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

That happened to me with Shopify. If i'd kept it I would have made $400,000 lol.

But Shopify has more fundamentals than a cryptocurrency. I'll never touch those.

The pattern bitcoin is following is eerily similar to the dotcom boom and bust just on a much grander scale and with more ordinary people involved.
Old May 7th 2021, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Revin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM
That happened to me with Shopify. If i'd kept it I would have made $400,000 lol.

But Shopify has more fundamentals than a cryptocurrency. I'll never touch those.

The pattern bitcoin is following is eerily similar to the dotcom boom and bust just on a much grander scale and with more ordinary people involved.
I think it may be more like some of the pyramid selling schemes that used to be arround in 80s. The early entrants made £££s but those that came to the party later lost everything.
Old May 7th 2021, 3:45 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

I think it may be more like some of the pyramid selling schemes that used to be arround in 80s. The early entrants made £££s but those that came to the party later lost everything.
Agreed.

I see so many people on Facebook, primarily in their 20's trying to pump crypto. They're simply not life experienced enough to have been cleaned out before.

Thankfully they are young enough to recover.
Old May 10th 2021, 8:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond repute

The beauty of ETFs is you dont have to, and arguably shouldn't check them regularly - just buy, hold and check in every so often. I remember getting annoyed about a loss here and there day by day, but realised that your far better just sitting back and taking a look every few months, if there is a market crash I'll hear about it on the news and at that point, I'll buy in some more and wait for it rebound.

Thing is, for the vast majority of folk into it - Crypto, Forex and day trading is cool and sexy, buying an index or an ETF and forgetting about it isn't, people are suckered in by the hype and the ads/promotional videos of crypto traders driving lamborghinis who will sell you a course on how to do the same for £199 (but if you make 7 figures trading, why try selling courses).