Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Internet Explorer, google chrome or mozilla?

Wikiposts

Internet Explorer, google chrome or mozilla?

Old Jan 19th 2010, 9:56 am
Banned

Neil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Internet Explorer, google chrome or mozilla?

All you old farts on here listen to what the kids use....IE would not be on any teenagers compter but Firefox, Chrome, Safari
Old Jan 19th 2010, 10:07 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Neil52
All you old farts on here listen to what the kids use....IE would not be on any teenagers compter but Firefox, Chrome, Safari
I'm an old fart and IE is not on mine either. Being an old fart though, I can spell computer.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 10:27 am
Jedi Master

Devil Girl is just really niceDevil Girl is just really niceDevil Girl is just really niceDevil Girl is just really niceDevil Girl is just really niceDevil Girl is just really niceDevil Girl is just really niceDevil Girl is just really niceDevil Girl is just really niceDevil Girl is just really nice

I use Firefox ( Mozilla ). I really like it. Though the Firefox on my computer is acting a little odd, I will have to contact them about that. It is not a big problem and generally it works fine.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 10:29 am
Banned

Neil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to beholdNeil52 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
I'm an old fart and IE is not on mine either. Being an old fart though, I can spell computer.
Just because you use spell-checker
Old Jan 19th 2010, 11:18 am
Just Joined

Roofie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fledermaus
Any opinions??

I have IE, downloaded google chrome and don't like it much, should I bother with mozilla?
I use Chrome. I didn't like it at first and wanted to go back to Firefox but I stuck with it and now I wouldn't use anything else.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 11:48 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
from the AMMENDED site rules

"17. Quotes
When responding to a post in the forum do not alter or modify another member's quotes in such a way as to misrepresent or change the context of the original post. Any member found doing this will be banned from the community."

consider this your first warning.

When were the rules updated, and where were we made aware of this?

It's sad that this rule needed to be made. I wonder how many complaints prompted it?
Old Jan 19th 2010, 11:50 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CaptainHook
When were the rules updated, and where were we made aware of this?

It's sad that this rule needed to be made. I wonder how many complaints prompted it?
December 27th and yes SOME people were notified of the change.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 11:51 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

December 27th and yes SOME people were notified of the change.
I must have missed the memo.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 11:55 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

I must have missed the memo.
OR perhaps you were deemed to be a good boy and didn't need the 'warning'
Old Jan 19th 2010, 12:17 pm
Account Closed

OR perhaps you were deemed to be a good boy and didn't need the 'warning'
Site rule 17.
When responding to a post in the forum do not alter or modify another member's quotes in such a way as to misrepresent or change the context of the original post. Any member found doing this will be banned from the community.

I read this to say that quotes can still be modified as long as the original context is not changed or misrepresented. I think el_richo's post is allowed according to my interpretation, though obviously Mods may have a different opinion.

I'll admit to regularly changing modifying quotes in an attempt at humour, and no-one's ever complained to me and I've never been warned by a Mod for it.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 12:31 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Site rule 17.
When responding to a post in the forum do not alter or modify another member's quotes in such a way as to misrepresent or change the context of the original post. Any member found doing this will be banned from the community.

I read this to say that quotes can still be modified as long as the original context is not changed or misrepresented. I think el_richo's post is allowed according to my interpretation, though obviously Mods may have a different opinion.

I'll admit to regularly changing modifying quotes in an attempt at humour, and no-one's ever complained to me and I've never been warned by a Mod for it.
I find it irritating, distracting and generally unfunny. But then maybe I never rread any that you had changed
Old Jan 19th 2010, 1:59 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Being an old fart you presumably were friends with Mr Babbage......
Old Jan 19th 2010, 2:03 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Being an old fart you presumably were friends with Mr Babbage......
The bastard stole my idea over a pint.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 2:36 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by fledermaus
I find it irritating, distracting and generally unfunny. But then maybe I never read any that you had changed
Mostly they were correcting spelling errors without making an issue of it to the person quoted.

There were the odd few that were an attempt at wit though. I think editing quotes is only funny when used sparingly and subtly.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 8:22 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

from the AMMENDED site rules

"17. Quotes
When responding to a one or more posts in the forum do not alter or modify another member's quotes in such a way as to misrepresent or change the context of the original post. Any member found doing this will be banned from the community."

consider this your first warning.

Well well well, that's a new one to me.

Anyway, i've corrected it for them