Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Indian Restauraunts in Edmonton

Indian Restauraunts in Edmonton

Old Mar 19th 2011, 2:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

PeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond repute
Default Indian Restauraunts in Edmonton

So any good curry houses?

Going ahead of the Mrs next week so will have a week or 2 of looking for a place to rent and will have to feed myself. Fancy a curry but is there a decent one?
Old Mar 19th 2011, 4:12 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Indian Restauraunts in Edmonton

Get this and save yourself huge disappointment and money.

Old Mar 19th 2011, 5:20 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

OH and I really like the Asian Village, there are I think five in Edmonton, you can either do buffet style or order off the main menu. We do the buffet style. The goat curry is delish!

http://www.newasianvillage.com/old/home.html
Old Mar 21st 2011, 12:23 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
OH and I really like the Asian Village, there are I think five in Edmonton, you can either do buffet style or order off the main menu. We do the buffet style. The goat curry is delish!

http://www.newasianvillage.com/old/home.html
I've never been but that's where I'd try first - urbanspoon.com lists 50 Indian restaurants for Edmonton and New Asian Village locations rank in 3 of the top 10 reviews. Odds are good....
Old Mar 21st 2011, 4:52 am
BE Forum Addict

snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

Zaika, absolutely love it! http://www.zaikabistro.com/
Old Mar 21st 2011, 1:55 pm
Banned

immichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to behold

nevah been 2 edmunton - but theres dis place in aridzona usa thet is very good indian foods

http://www.camerontradingpost.com/restaurant.html
Old Mar 21st 2011, 2:58 pm
Account Closed

jericho is an unknown quantity at this point

New Asian Village is good, and there are a few around the city.
Have also heard good things about Zaika.
There are also a few really good cheap places in/around the millwoods area that cater to the local indian population.

Indian food is relatively new to Canada though, and Canadians are still rather suspicious about it.
Expect to see a very limited menu- eg/ butter chicken, butter chicken and butter chicekn.
Old Mar 21st 2011, 3:03 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jericho
Indian food is relatively new to Canada though, and Canadians are still rather suspicious about it.
Ahem, in my experience, that was vaguely true in the early eighties. At least it was in Toronto. Things have moved on a bit since then. At least they have in Toronto.
Old Mar 21st 2011, 6:45 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

No they are all shite..IMO..learn to cook your own
Old Mar 21st 2011, 9:36 pm
Account Closed

jericho is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dbd33
Ahem, in my experience, that was vaguely true in the early eighties. At least it was in Toronto. Things have moved on a bit since then. At least they have in Toronto.
Yeah fair enough. I'm speaking about Edmonton specifically.
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 11:34 pm
Just Joined

juneaa is an unknown quantity at this point

We sometimes go to origin india on whyte which is handy for being close to the pubs in that area. If you want your curry to be at all spicy you need to tell them though as medium seems to come pretty mild
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

dannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to all

Khazana (downtown) is my favourite. Best vindaloo in Edmonton!!!
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

dannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to all

Heres a tip for you all....

Google 'bookatable' and sign up for their newsletter and about a week or so later they mail you a $25 gift voucher that can be used in a few restaraunts in edmonton... one of them is the new-ish indian place on the west end called 'Guru'.

I've been a couple of times and its pretty good... especially with $25 off the bill!!!