Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

I'm out of the city...

Wikiposts

I'm out of the city...

Old Sep 12th 2010, 1:30 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute
Default I'm out of the city...

I've left downtown Vancouver for the ruralness of Maple Ridge. Here are some pics of various north shore mountain views from what was my balcony. It's possible to see where dboy lives in the fourth one if you squint at it.
Attached Thumbnails I'm out of the city...-img_2912.jpg   I'm out of the city...-img_2909.jpg   I'm out of the city...-img_2927.jpg   I'm out of the city...-img_3849.jpg   I'm out of the city...-img_2328.jpg  

Old Sep 12th 2010, 1:34 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm out of the city...

Originally Posted by Alan2005
I've left downtown Vancouver for the ruralness of Maple Ridge. Here are some pics of various north shore mountain views from what was my balcony. It's possible to see where dboy lives in the fourth one if you squint at it.
Have you noticed yet that it's surrounded by hills?

Depresses the hell out of me, that.
Old Sep 12th 2010, 1:38 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

I work in Poco and half my coworkers hail from the Ridge.

See ya round.
Old Sep 12th 2010, 1:41 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Have you made any cider yet?
Old Sep 12th 2010, 1:47 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Have you noticed yet that it's surrounded by hills?

Depresses the hell out of me, that.
The ocean compensated.

Originally Posted by Kiwilass
I work in Poco and half my coworkers hail from the Ridge.

See ya round.
I'll be downtown every week I should think. Not doing the commute every day, but every now and then.

Originally Posted by Oink
Have you made any cider yet?
I don't have any apples. Do you think it will attract bears? Maybe I should make some to see what drunk bears are like.
Old Sep 12th 2010, 1:52 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

What do you mean by "what was my your balcony"? Did you sell it? Did it fall off? Lose it? Get evicted?
Old Sep 12th 2010, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by fledermaus
What do you mean by "what was my your balcony"? Did you sell it? Did it fall off? Lose it? Get evicted?
I don't live there any more. Pay attention at the back - I've moved.
Old Sep 12th 2010, 2:01 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

The ocean compensated.
You'd think it would, wouldn't you. But every time I'm in Vancouver I find it oppressive to find myself surrounded by big hills (or big oceans) with nothing, nothing at all, for thousands of kilometres in any direction.

Except south of course, but who the hell wants to go there?
Old Sep 12th 2010, 2:03 pm

dboy is an unknown quantity at this point

adios - nice view. At least you won't have to worry about those noisy planes taking off and landing.

i live right behind the tallest tower in that picture.

Don't get eaten by a bear! Congrats - when's the house warming?
Old Sep 12th 2010, 2:05 pm
Account Closed

I don't live there any more. Pay attention at the back - I've moved.
Seems daft to post pics of where you were and not where you are. But I know nowt me.
Old Sep 12th 2010, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by fledermaus
Seems daft to post pics of where you were and not where you are. But I know nowt me.
Yes, but I can post them now I don't live there and not have to worry about psychos working out where I live and coming round my house.
Old Sep 12th 2010, 2:12 pm
Account Closed

Yes, but I can post them now I don't live there and not have to worry about psychos working out where I live and coming round my house.
Oh, I see, well you needn't worry about me. I'm ok these days as long as I keep off the cheese, red wine and chocolate. It's under control.
Old Sep 12th 2010, 3:41 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think you need to worry about psychos if you are planning on innebriating the local wildlife
Old Sep 12th 2010, 4:17 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

oooh I am up The Ridge and Pitt -twice a week - may see you at Stupidstore at Meadowton!

as DBoy said - when's the partay??
Old Sep 12th 2010, 5:23 pm
The Pixies still Rule.

John_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to behold

So you lived in a flat?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.