Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

If your Scottish read this its hilarious

If your Scottish read this its hilarious

Old Jul 4th 2007, 8:56 pm
mclauchlan35

mclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of light
Talking If your Scottish read this its hilarious

I'm guessing its only us scots that will be able to translate this. its about the way the glasgow people react to disaster compared to the americans.

I got this from a weegie, and so I've had to tidy up the syntax so that's it's comprehensible.

Differences between American and weegie airport dramas:

America: Oh my God! There was a man on fire, he was running about; I just ran for my life. I thoughtI was gonna die, he got so close to me."

Weege: Bawbag wis running aboot on fire, so a ran up n gave him a good boot, then decked him.

America: I just wanna get home, away from here. I just wanna get home; I thought I was gonna die.

Weege: Here, shug, am no leaving here till am oan a *****in' plane!

America: There was pandemonium. People were running in all directions; we didn't know what was happening. Thought I was gonna die.

Weege: ***** this fir a kerry oan, moan we'll get a pint in.

America: We thought he was gonna blow us all up. He had a gas canister, and was trying to get into his trunk. I thought we were gonna die. I just ran for my life.

Weege: a swaggered by the motor that wis on fire, and the dafty couldnae even open his boot. He wis in fire annaw so a ran up n gave him a good boot to the baws.

America: There was this huge explosion. It sounded like war. I thought I was gonna die.

Weege: There wis a bang. Yi know when yi throw BO basher intae a fire? It wis like that.

America: I'm too traumatized even to speak; I thought I was gonna die.

Weege: Here, pal, gies 2 minutes till a phone ma auld dear. If a’m gonnae be oan the telly, a want her tae tape it.

And finally, from an eye-witness (this is real):

A weege did an interview on CNN, and they asked how he restrained the guy. He said "Me and other folk were just tryin to get the boot in and some other guy banjoed him.”

Hail Caledonia.

The last bit is actually true my wife saw it on the news
Old Jul 4th 2007, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

Adbru has a brilliant futureAdbru has a brilliant futureAdbru has a brilliant futureAdbru has a brilliant futureAdbru has a brilliant futureAdbru has a brilliant future
Default Re: If your Scottish read this its hilarious

Hiya MC..

Try this thread....

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=463223

Adbru
Old Jul 4th 2007, 10:00 pm

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mclauchlan35
I'm guessing its only us scots that will be able to translate this. its about the way the glasgow people react to disaster compared to the americans.

I got this from a weegie, and so I've had to tidy up the syntax so that's it's comprehensible.

Differences between American and weegie airport dramas:

America: Oh my God! There was a man on fire, he was running about; I just ran for my life. I thoughtI was gonna die, he got so close to me."

Weege: Bawbag wis running aboot on fire, so a ran up n gave him a good boot, then decked him.

America: I just wanna get home, away from here. I just wanna get home; I thought I was gonna die.

Weege: Here, shug, am no leaving here till am oan a *****in' plane!

America: There was pandemonium. People were running in all directions; we didn't know what was happening. Thought I was gonna die.

Weege: ***** this fir a kerry oan, moan we'll get a pint in.

America: We thought he was gonna blow us all up. He had a gas canister, and was trying to get into his trunk. I thought we were gonna die. I just ran for my life.

Weege: a swaggered by the motor that wis on fire, and the dafty couldnae even open his boot. He wis in fire annaw so a ran up n gave him a good boot to the baws.

America: There was this huge explosion. It sounded like war. I thought I was gonna die.

Weege: There wis a bang. Yi know when yi throw BO basher intae a fire? It wis like that.

America: I'm too traumatized even to speak; I thought I was gonna die.

Weege: Here, pal, gies 2 minutes till a phone ma auld dear. If a’m gonnae be oan the telly, a want her tae tape it.

And finally, from an eye-witness (this is real):

A weege did an interview on CNN, and they asked how he restrained the guy. He said "Me and other folk were just tryin to get the boot in and some other guy banjoed him.”

Hail Caledonia.

The last bit is actually true my wife saw it on the news
I am from Norn Iron and I understood every word - but then I am of Ulster Scot descent from the lowlands!!
Old Jul 4th 2007, 10:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

PaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to all

top effin quality.......i watched it on cnn,and did hear that quote.....
Old Jul 4th 2007, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by PaulCall
top effin quality.......i watched it on cnn,and did hear that quote.....
What in the name of all that is holy are you doing back already - hope you are selling up and not giving up and coming back to Bonnie wee Scotland
Old Jul 4th 2007, 10:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

PaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to all

hi alison....house sale goes through on monday,so i just back to tie up all the loose ends,send money over,close scottish accounts,get pished with the guys.....all the important stuff.......dont worry about the house sale...if my place was sold in a day....im sure your casa will sell quick
paul
Old Jul 4th 2007, 10:16 pm

Gee thanks Paul - I really miss you
Old Jul 4th 2007, 10:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

aww...thats really sweet...........saskatchewan is a poorer place when you are not in the province
Old Jul 4th 2007, 10:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

I am from Manchester and I understood it too - hillarious but oh so very true

Old Jul 4th 2007, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by PaulCall
aww...thats really sweet...........saskatchewan is a poorer place when you are not in the province
They'll be talking about us next!!! And the OH lying in bed next door too. Tut tut.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

well lets keep it quiet.....i wont tell if you wont.......if you want,blame it on the paint fumes
Old Jul 4th 2007, 10:30 pm

Well if you tak the high road and I tak the low road.............nobody will be any the wiser
Old Jul 4th 2007, 10:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

then i will be in scotland before ye
Old Jul 4th 2007, 10:33 pm

I think you have an unfair advantage
Old Jul 4th 2007, 10:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

i will close my eyes and count to 1000000....thats plenty of time to get a start

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.