Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

If you won the 6/49 this weekend..

If you won the 6/49 this weekend..

Old Nov 12th 2007, 10:48 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If you won the 6/49 this weekend..

Money can't buy happiness but it does enable you to rent it by the hour.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 11:05 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Money can't buy happiness but it does enable you to rent it by the hour.
...or money isn't everything, but it's way ahead of whatever is in second place.
Old Nov 13th 2007, 2:51 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Danny B
Bearing in mind it's $37m, would you still live in Canada or would you move back to the UK or another country?

I asked my Wife the same question and she said she would be happy to stay here in Canada but I'd prefer to go back to the UK and live like a king with my family & friends.

Just curious what everyone else would do?

I'd hire a chef, invest the rest and not tell a soul.
Old Nov 13th 2007, 4:42 am
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

I'd invest a good chunk for my kids to get when I die/when they need it.

I'd pay off my mortgage here, keep my house as a base and buy a place in London to actually live in.

I'd travel to everywhere I think that I will never be able to afford to go to.

I'd buy a decent hairdresser, who would be at my beck and call when not in London.

I'd make the local druggies and dealers an offer they can't refuse.
Old Nov 13th 2007, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

Londonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really nice

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
I'd hire a chef, invest the rest and not tell a soul.
After my own heart!! I don't care about the yachts and fancy houses - all I want is for someone to decide what to eat, shop for it and then cook it on a daily basis - that part of my life is the suckiest (is that a word!!??)
Old Nov 14th 2007, 1:59 am

Originally Posted by Londonlady108
After my own heart!! I don't care about the yachts and fancy houses - all I want is for someone to decide what to eat, shop for it and then cook it on a daily basis - that part of my life is the suckiest (is that a word!!??)

I think we need traditional wives. I would love to have one. Is there a website for heterosexual women who want housewives?
Old Nov 14th 2007, 4:09 am
Forum Regular

Londonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really niceLondonlady108 is just really nice

This is a woman's lament - all we need are wives!! Actually a friend I know here did take it that one step further and left her husband for her best friend - rather rash I fear - but hey. Trouble is who gets to be the wife?? Someone is still left having to plan the meals and shop - no - it just has to the lottery, pay a strapping dude - eye candy and food all in one package
Old Nov 15th 2007, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by Danny B
Just curious what everyone else would do?

I'd build a treadmill runway.
Old Nov 15th 2007, 12:31 am

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dingbat
I'd make the local druggies and dealers an offer they can't refuse.
Good idea. You'd probably get a discount for buying in bulk.