Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

If you hang on in there!

If you hang on in there!

Old Apr 9th 2007, 10:58 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to all
Default If you hang on in there!

Hi folks,

It has been some time since I visited the forum (life has just been very busy)..... I just thought I would post a "positive" message.

We have been here for 7 months and a few weeks ago all my job hunting paid off....... I was offered 3 good jobs within a fortnight........ at one point I had two places bidding against each other. This has now meant that we can get a mortgage and start to settle.

Why the post?

We were very close to packing up and coming home...... and I mean very close to it............. if you hang on in there things do happen.............. it does take longer than the UK and that is the one thing I feel we were naive about. You live and learn!

Hubby is working too - albeit in contract work. If he can get a permanent post then we will have made a change for the better. I am not saying everything is all good and life is a bed of roses, more that it takes longer than you think to find your feet and so much is down to being in the right place at the right time!

Hope all is well with you all and a special thanks to the people who sent encouraging messages when we were going through that horrid "oh my god what have we done stage".

This place is a great resource - for shared experiences!
Old Apr 9th 2007, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: If you hang on in there!

Originally Posted by Mrs Madmac
Hi folks,

It has been some time since I visited the forum (life has just been very busy)..... I just thought I would post a "positive" message.

We have been here for 7 months and a few weeks ago all my job hunting paid off....... I was offered 3 good jobs within a fortnight........ at one point I had two places bidding against each other. This has now meant that we can get a mortgage and start to settle.

Why the post?

We were very close to packing up and coming home...... and I mean very close to it............. if you hang on in there things do happen.............. it does take longer than the UK and that is the one thing I feel we were naive about. You live and learn!

Hubby is working too - albeit in contract work. If he can get a permanent post then we will have made a change for the better. I am not saying everything is all good and life is a bed of roses, more that it takes longer than you think to find your feet and so much is down to being in the right place at the right time!

Hope all is well with you all and a special thanks to the people who sent encouraging messages when we were going through that horrid "oh my god what have we done stage".

Absolutely Fabulous Mrs

Here's hoping that this is the turning point in your dreams - and that you start to realise them

CONGRATULATIONS HUN
Old Apr 9th 2007, 11:07 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If you hang on in there!

Wow, Mrs. M, that is fantastic news. Good on you for hanging in there. Many congratulations on the job offers.
Old Apr 9th 2007, 11:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for coming here to share your good news with us, and many congrats for succeeding in the job interviews and getting those job offers!

Robin
Old Apr 10th 2007, 12:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Eastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud of

Hi folks,

Why the post?

HI
Thats really good news just goes to show thats its worth perservering were just at the beginning of that stage at the moment so your post has encouraged us to keep sending out those letters and talking on the phone
Old Apr 10th 2007, 1:47 am
Reunited

raine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond repute

Well done you glad things are starting to look up for you both.
Old Apr 10th 2007, 1:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Arris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic - that's great news

All the best.

Arris
Old Apr 10th 2007, 2:01 am
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

Brilliant news - very pleased for you!
Old Apr 10th 2007, 2:50 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

You showed the proverbial elephant the proverbial door then??? And booted it out, by the sound of it!!

Good for you two! And here's to the future!!
Old Apr 10th 2007, 8:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Yoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond repute

Happy to hear your good news
yoong
Old Apr 10th 2007, 8:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Craftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond repute

Happy to read some positive news. Glad it's all falling into place for you now
Old Apr 10th 2007, 9:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Mrs M - very, very pleased to hear your news - was quite sad for you both when Mr M posted his "OMG, what have we done" thread !! Could just feel the frustration. Delighted you decided to give it that bit of extra time, and fingers crossed for a fab future in Canada. You deserve it
Old Apr 10th 2007, 1:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi folks,
Mrs. Madmac, if you are ANYTHING like your other personage. I envy you, you could set up in Alaska and make a game of it. Sit tight, you're less than 40 years old, no kids. Jees...
Old Apr 10th 2007, 1:47 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

This is just the best news I've heard on here for a while. I have been waiting here for the last few months with my fingers and toes crossed to see this post. I am glad that things have picked up for you both as you've been on a bit of a bumpy road. Hopefully Madmac will be offered a permanent job soon too.

Did you have a great time with your rellies visiting you? Are you getting excited about moving into your new home?

Old Apr 11th 2007, 1:33 am
Forum Regular

Mrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to all
Smile Re: If you hang on in there!

Hi there everyone,

Thanks ever so much for the kind words!

Yes - I sat on the elephant - also hubby on occasion but that's another story! L.O.L.

Yes - it was great to see the rellies and I managed not to go to pieces when they left. (V. proud of myself on that one!) More visiting next week!

Yes - Mr Mac will get something........ it will just take time. Patience is not his forte! I am the one who is the positive one............ so at least with me on the up I can prop him up. (My theory is always try to make sure that one of you is positive and not both of you down at the same time........ it is so much harder to climb that hill when you are both down in the dumps.)

As for our new house - it will be great to close the door on something and know it is ours and we won't be living with the constant upheaval of house viewings. (Our landlord decided to put our rental on the market while we were renting and you can imagine the inconvenience it caused. Not his fault...... just circumstances. It made me realise how much we missed our own front door!)

We will have some finishing work to do on the house - so as you can all imagine I am now hooked on Holmes on Homes!! How cool is it to have a basement.............. oh the possibilities! Mr Mac wants the big TV and pool table....... me ..... I am thinking more of a big relaxing den with a lovely fireplace! That will be a project for next year....... this year it is the air con and the new deck.......... oh and then the garden.......... summer where are you????? (I get summer working hours too - how fab is that!) OK - I shall not rub it in!

Take care all.

Mrs Madmac

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.