British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   If you go down to the beach today .... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/if-you-go-down-beach-today-606539/)

bananahammock May 1st 2009 6:31 am

If you go down to the beach today ....

3 Attachment(s)
You might be lucky enough to see this ~ he/she had an audience but didn't seem to mind at all :thumbsup:

nikki dreaming May 1st 2009 7:18 am

Re: If you go down to the beach today ....

Great Pics, must be amazing to be able to see:thumbsup:

purple80 May 1st 2009 12:28 pm

Amazing pictures, thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

Calgal May 1st 2009 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by bananahammock (Post 7531680)
You might be lucky enough to see this ~ he/she had an audience but didn't seem to mind at all :thumbsup:

Excellent pics! Thanks!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Reminds me of the other day when I didn't have my camera with me. Saw a huge Bald Eagle just sitting on the fence post on the side of the road near home - only about ten feet away from me. He just nonchalantly watched me go by.

seaham gal May 1st 2009 2:53 pm

Great pics - would love to go to Nanaimo one day...

We went to New Westminster and saw a seal playing with a salmon and an eagle trying to get it. This 'game' went on for a while and drew quite a crowd.

Monkey Puzzle May 1st 2009 7:38 pm

My mad mutt Murray was PLAYING in the sea with an otter earlier this week ...honestly, the thing was playing hide and seek ..he'd stick his wee head up, look straight at him then when Murray swam close he'd dip under the water, swim somewhere else and they'd start again.

It was amazing to watch except I was peeing my pants that Murray would go out too far and get tired or that the otter would attack him if he got too close...apparently they can be quite fierce. He was smaller than others I've seen so maybe just a youngster. He was definitely enjoying the chase!!!

Of course Murray was selectively deaf when I was roaring at him to come to shore. Even me running about on the beach like a madwoman chucking his ball and trying to get his attention was never going to beat playing hide and seek with an otter. I honestly thought I was going to have to flag down a passing boat to go and grab him if he went out too far.

He eventually had enough after a very long 15 minutes and swam back, all proud of himself.

Oh, that dog will have my nerves shredded.

(And did I have my camera? Did I heck! :D)

mandymoochops May 1st 2009 8:30 pm

What fab pics and a funny story too MP :thumbup:

bananahammock May 2nd 2009 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by seaham gal (Post 7532674)
We went to New Westminster and saw a seal playing with a salmon and an eagle trying to get it. This 'game' went on for a while and drew quite a crowd.

In 2007 I was working in an elementary school & we took the grade 3's on a field trip to Newcastle Island.
We pointed out to the kids a fish that seemed to be jumping out of the water, turns out there's a sea otter playing with it & it the otter runs ashore ~ all is well so far, the kids are ooohing & ahhhing watching this, then a bald eagle swoops down & grabs the otter, which has the fish in it's mouth, tries to fly away but drops the otter, who in turn drops the fish!!
The kids are now crying & having mild hysterics & I'm sure there are a dozen or so 10yr olds here who are now petrified of birds :rofl: