Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

If you could live any time....

If you could live any time....

Old Sep 23rd 2006, 3:34 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If you could live any time....

Originally Posted by Ki76
When would you live?

I'd probably look to live in ancient Rome or possibly the 20s/30s.... as long as I was in the 'hip' set LOL
1982-1984 (repeatedly)

OR

The mid sixties (and yes I was there as a baby)
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 3:42 am
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore
I would want to live in germany during the late 20s' and 30s' leading up to ww2. I would like to live through the time of hitler, his life, coming to power, and try to understand this "charm and power" that so many people talk about that they felt from him.
Have you ever been called scary before :scared:

I'm happy with now
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 3:44 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

I'm happy with "now" too. Otherwise, I did really enjoy 1979-1982 ! college
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 3:49 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
With the wife and boys???
Absolutely.

I don't think there's a lot I would change.

Maybe look after my heart a little better but even there genetics played a major part and I wouldn't want to change them.

Sounds corny but I'm pretty happy with how my life turned out.

Cheers
Steve

Oh and I sure as hell would go whale watching again.
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 3:57 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hangman
Absolutely.

I don't think there's a lot I would change.

Maybe look after my heart a little better but even there genetics played a major part and I wouldn't want to change them.

Sounds corny but I'm pretty happy with how my life turned out.

Cheers
Steve

Oh and I sure as hell would go whale watching again.
Apparently 'you are so sweet' and 'that is really sweet' (please do not attribute this post to me!!!!!! )
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 3:59 am

Apparently 'you are so sweet' and 'that is really sweet' (please do not attribute this post to me!!!!!! )
Nah...I'm just a sentimental old fart.
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 4:00 am
Banned

Nah...I'm just a sentimental old fart.
Old? Yes
Fart? I do all the time
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 4:05 am

Old? Yes
Fart? I do all the time
Oh yeah there is one thing I would change.

The side effect of the surgery done in May.
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 4:06 am
Banned

I bet Mrs H would as well.
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 9:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Sounds like you need to be smacked around a little bit steve....!
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 10:07 am
Senile Member

Daedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond reputeDaedra has a reputation beyond repute

I think I would like to split mine up, a year or two in the roaring twenties say around 1925, another year in the thirties to see what it was like leading up to WW2, another year in the late 40's to see how same people still around from pre-war had changed as an observation on human behaviour... or just nosy maybe

Then I would spend about 5 years in the fifties just cos girls clothes were so cool with the poodle skirts and scarves, plus I was always impressed when watching footage of the complicated/demanded Rock & Roll dances they did! I figure would take me atleast 5 years to get the hang of any of those dance routines

I say I'd want to spend a year in the 60's, but knowing the times, I'd probably get into a heated debate about flower power and the establishment, next thing I'd know, i'd probably be hot boxed or slipped something and spend the next 3 years on a "trip" of a different sort

Then I'd want to come back to exactly this time and continue living my life with all that extra knowledge of the past. Hopefully the shrooms and buds will not have had permanent damage on my brain by then
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 4:31 pm
I'm a girl, dagnabbit! :)

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of

What time I'd like to live in?
I'd say Friday at 4pm till Monday at 8am.

(Yeah, I had a rough day at work yesterday. )
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by willmore
Sounds like you need to be smacked around a little bit steve....!
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 6:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond repute

1976-1982 in a constant loop would do nicely thanks
But I would like to be about 32 yrs old to enjoy them properly as they were wasted on a teenager. Old head on young, ahem, shoulders.................. marvellous combination
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 7:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

flipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond repute

got to be the swinging sixties

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.