Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

I will NEVER fly with Flyglobespan EVER AGAIN!!!

I will NEVER fly with Flyglobespan EVER AGAIN!!!

Old May 17th 2007, 12:26 am
BE Enthusiast

celine_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: I will NEVER fly with Flyglobespan EVER AGAIN!!!

Originally Posted by Ben W Bell
Unfortunately Geordie hospitality generally involves beating others.
charming that is haha, not but i agree Geordie will welcome u with open arms but if u piss them off beware lol i'm a geordie myself so mine ya mouth!
Old May 17th 2007, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

simon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Ben W Bell
Unfortunately Geordie hospitality generally involves beating others.
I cannot comment on the beating aspect. We recently spent a week in Northumberland and loved it. Friendly people, lovely countryside, fantastic accent.

Simon
Old May 17th 2007, 11:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

celine_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by simon876
I cannot comment on the beating aspect. We recently spent a week in Northumberland and loved it. Friendly people, lovely countryside, fantastic accent.

Simon
Yes i was in northuberland last week also the countryside is amazing!
Old Jun 14th 2007, 6:40 pm
Banned

startwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by celine_uk
i Will NEVER EVER EVER EVER BOOK :curse: :curse: :curse: with flyglobespan again. i just got back from newcastle via manchester to hamilton/toronto airport and the flight was OVER 8 hours late (and 5 hours late on the way to newcastle), the staff were plain RUDE and unhelpful/ arrogant ( if you could find them) WARNING they dont have a clue what there doing and do no want to help their customers. i was on the road for 24 hours in total.....

they are totally unorganized!
i got home at 1am eastern time this morning!
oh well i wonder if complaining to them directly will help get a refund i doubt it, i had t0 complain 3 times to get a 'free' in flight meal while other who didnt complain get nothing on board
:curse: :curse:
what annoyed me the most was no one knew what was going on and when u asked the ground staff they didn't know either saying they were not globespan staff and could not help and then flyglobespan staff saying the ground staff should have helped their customers

more info on my flight once i wake up lol
Oh my god, as the day draws closer for my rellies to fly out I am getting soooo nervous. On the news they had coverage about two flights having to come back because of engine failure. TWO! So they didn't fix it the first time. And checking that flight reviews site that someone posted, it just gets worse and worse. I've tried to warn the rellies but they don't seem to be listening. If it was me I'd have cancelled and booked with someone else. They just say they'll check the flight info a few days before they are scheduled to leave Gatwick. From what I read that ain't gonna do a damn bit of good. Does someone - please!! - have a good experience with them?
Old Jun 14th 2007, 7:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by startwin
Oh my god, as the day draws closer for my rellies to fly out I am getting soooo nervous. On the news they had coverage about two flights having to come back because of engine failure. TWO! So they didn't fix it the first time. And checking that flight reviews site that someone posted, it just gets worse and worse. I've tried to warn the rellies but they don't seem to be listening. If it was me I'd have cancelled and booked with someone else. They just say they'll check the flight info a few days before they are scheduled to leave Gatwick. From what I read that ain't gonna do a damn bit of good. Does someone - please!! - have a good experience with them?
I have flown with Globespan a couple of times with no problems - the last time being summer 2006 - never any problems.

Thomas Cook did buy out Air Transat last year and I have noticed whilst trawling for flight for my recent trip and also for my one ways that most of the flights are being done for Air Transat by Thomas Cook air lines.

I have just returned from Calgary on a TC flight and both out and inbound flights were on time - early infact - no problems at check in or anything.

These two problem flights were they UK to Canada flights or within North AMerica ?

gaynor
x
Old Jun 14th 2007, 8:03 pm
Account Closed

Beebop is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by burton bunch
I have flown with Globespan a couple of times with no problems - the last time being summer 2006 - never any problems.

Thomas Cook did buy out Air Transat last year and I have noticed whilst trawling for flight for my recent trip and also for my one ways that most of the flights are being done for Air Transat by Thomas Cook air lines.

I have just returned from Calgary on a TC flight and both out and inbound flights were on time - early infact - no problems at check in or anything.

These two problem flights were they UK to Canada flights or within North AMerica ?

gaynor
x
It was Air Transat that bought Canadian Affair last year.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 8:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beebop
It was Air Transat that bought Canadian Affair last year.
Knew I would get something wrong today !!

But my point stands that Transat are using TC planes and mine was OK as I flew with Canadian Affair

Gay
x
Old Jun 14th 2007, 9:26 pm
Account Closed

Beebop is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by burton bunch
Knew I would get something wrong today !!

But my point stands that Transat are using TC planes and mine was OK as I flew with Canadian Affair

Gay
x
I'd always heard that the TC plaines were nicer so it's good they have continued chartering them.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 10:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Beebop
I'd always heard that the TC plaines were nicer so it's good they have continued chartering them.
Not only were the planes nice but everything else was nice too - service and everything nothing too much trouble.

Gaynor
x
Old Jun 15th 2007, 12:26 am
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute

KLM - flight crew BRILLLIANT! ground crew - doesn't have a clue.

Air France - french. I rest my case. (food in business not that good. had better in economy on other airlines) CDG airport is supposedly international but I was hard pushed to find a polite person who spoke Engish.

SAS - good

Luftwaffe, I mean Lufthansa - efficient.

United - ground crew good. Flight crew - good. (food really good even in economy)

BA - ground crew - funny

Sabena (not around anymore - sadly) ground and flight crew about the best I've ever experienced.

Swiss - good on both.

TWA - please come back. All is forgiven.

PanAm - see TWA.

Iberia - efficiently temperamental.

Song - best laugh ever. Will fly with again.

NWA - flight crew obnoxious and rude. Ground crew - thanks for the upgrade.

AC - yes!

Sky Europe - great!

Ryan Air - only if you must.

Easyjet - as close to a non budget airline as you can get. Almost (see below)

Air Berlin - they have a frequent flyer program. And they're a budget airline!

BMI - stay away from their phone support. Call the head office instead.

TAP - thanks for the upgrade.

I could go on.

All airlines have something good and something bad. You just have to chose what you can put up with.

And as the saying goes - you get what you pay for.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 6:45 am
BE Forum Addict

simon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by startwin
On the news they had coverage about two flights having to come back because of engine failure.
And you're looking for good news?

Surely that fact that they turned back is encouraging.

We've all sat in cars where the driver says, "Hmmm that doesn't sound right, we'll keep going to the next town/garage" (Medical term: "Pushonitis"). You don't get that option in an aircraft.

Biggles.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 6:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by YYZlover
KLM - flight crew BRILLLIANT! ground crew - doesn't have a clue.

Air France - french. I rest my case. (food in business not that good. had better in economy on other airlines) CDG airport is supposedly international but I was hard pushed to find a polite person who spoke Engish.

SAS - good

Luftwaffe, I mean Lufthansa - efficient.

United - ground crew good. Flight crew - good. (food really good even in economy)

BA - ground crew - funny

Sabena (not around anymore - sadly) ground and flight crew about the best I've ever experienced.

Swiss - good on both.

TWA - please come back. All is forgiven.

PanAm - see TWA.

Iberia - efficiently temperamental.

Song - best laugh ever. Will fly with again.

NWA - flight crew obnoxious and rude. Ground crew - thanks for the upgrade.

AC - yes!

Sky Europe - great!

Ryan Air - only if you must.

Easyjet - as close to a non budget airline as you can get. Almost (see below)

Air Berlin - they have a frequent flyer program. And they're a budget airline!

BMI - stay away from their phone support. Call the head office instead.

TAP - thanks for the upgrade.

I could go on.

All airlines have something good and something bad. You just have to chose what you can put up with.

And as the saying goes - you get what you pay for.
Remember Dan Air? Sellotape Airways!!

I once flew with them to Dubrovnik (former Yugoslavia) in a Comet 4C and watched in horror as parts of the cabin trim fell away when we passed through some turbulence.

All credit to a BA flight I had from Frankfurt to LHR. After we landed, LHR was closed due to extremely high and gusting winds. On our descent, I watched as the engines wobbled precariously under the flapping wings (55-60 mph headwinds). How we laughed.

The credit comes for the cabin Steward who remained calm and very funny throughout. The passengers were laughing so much at his constant banter they didn't notice the tempest outside. Well Done BA!

Biggles II

Last edited by simon876; Jun 15th 2007 at 6:54 am. Reason: Spelin
Old Jun 15th 2007, 8:08 am
Pinko lentil-hugger

Hipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to all

Aww, crap, I'm getting really worried now. I'm scheduled to fly with them in October: should I be worried? I paid for the tickets by credit card, so I d have a bit more protection, I think?

Should I cancel or something?
Old Jun 15th 2007, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

SarahBella is an unknown quantity at this point

Aaaah, you've got me scared now!! I've got flights with them in July!!
Old Jun 15th 2007, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

Roos here is just really niceRoos here is just really niceRoos here is just really niceRoos here is just really niceRoos here is just really niceRoos here is just really niceRoos here is just really niceRoos here is just really nice

sureley someone must have had a decent time with these???

i am meant to be flying out with them in August
Does anyone else fly to calgary with decent priced business class seats?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.