Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

I think it's about time for a TO BE meet up....

Wikiposts

I think it's about time for a TO BE meet up....

Old Oct 9th 2009, 1:57 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I think it's about time for a TO BE meet up....

Originally Posted by Souvy
This meet-up appears to be turning into something of a farce.
But it's in the Yard on a week night so no loss, I'm very likely to bump into someone I know.

So, we'll move to more important issues. Cats.

At first, we were feeding our liitle savage on kitten food and gave her as much she wanted, to grow her. We have now moved to adult food. How often does one feed a cat? One bowl a day? Two smaller ones? I'm not sure about the difference between a damn good feed and grazing.
I fill the bowl with commercial gravelly stuff and leave them to it. There's always food for them.
Old Oct 9th 2009, 2:02 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

At first, we were feeding our liitle savage on kitten food and gave her as much she wanted, to grow her. We have now moved to adult food. How often does one feed a cat? One bowl a day? Two smaller ones? I'm not sure about the difference between a damn good feed and grazing.
Depends on the cat. Two of our three would happily graze all day without over eating...one will pig out on any available food.

We feed ours 1/4 cup of good quality dry food (Hills) twice a day (so half a cup total) One eats all of it, the other two often leave a bit.

If the cat is active it may need a bit more, just dont let it get too fat (especially if its been neutered..then they tend to pack on the weight).

Hopefully you have a graser, cos having a fat cat demanding breakfast is a pain in the arse some mornings.

Now, back to finding me a place to stay for the night, otherwise Ill just go to the ski show as a day trip Friday!

Last edited by iaink; Oct 9th 2009 at 2:13 am.
Old Oct 9th 2009, 2:07 am
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I fill the bowl with commercial gravelly stuff and leave them to it. There's always food for them.
Ta. I want to keep her fed but not get fat.

Did you ever find Sid, BTW?
Old Oct 9th 2009, 2:11 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Ta. I want to keep her fed but not get fat.

Did you ever find Sid, BTW?
Nope. I reckon he's history. The former resident has expressed interest in the white cat so I'll shortly be down to one. I've also lost a cock, though not the important one.
Old Oct 9th 2009, 2:27 am
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Use Hills TD dental. It costs more but will save you a fortune in dental ops for the cat. Plus less cat breath in your face.

We just leave a bowl out for the cat to graze on. If she's outside though we don't feed her during the day to make sure she comes home at night for food. Though she does like to get take out, chipmunks especially.
Old Oct 9th 2009, 2:37 am
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fledermaus
Use Hills TD dental. It costs more but will save you a fortune in dental ops for the cat. Plus less cat breath in your face.

We just leave a bowl out for the cat to graze on. If she's outside though we don't feed her during the day to make sure she comes home at night for food. Though she does like to get take out, chipmunks especially.
Thanks. I'll look out for that.
Old Oct 9th 2009, 2:49 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Thats what we used too, until they got older, then we switched to "Senior"

We found PetSmart cheaper than the local vet. Cheaper being one of those relative terms. If you can pursued the cat to accept teeth brushing at this stage, stupid as it sounds, you will likely save a few hundred bucks for a cleaning or extraction further down the line.
Old Oct 9th 2009, 2:56 am
Slob

Originally Posted by iaink
Thats what we used too, until they got older, then we switched to "Senior"

We found PetSmart cheaper than the local vet. Cheaper being one of those relative terms. If you can pursued the cat to accept teeth brushing at this stage, stupid as it sounds, you will likely save a few hundred bucks for a cleaning or extraction further down the line.
Can I pay you to come and do it? You seem to be an expert. Either that, or you have a death wish. I am fully aware of what that little cat's teeth can do.

I love her to bits but there is no way I am going to attempt brushing her fangs.
Old Oct 9th 2009, 3:00 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

Can I pay you to come and do it? You seem to be an expert. Either that, or you have a death wish. I am fully aware of what that little cat's teeth can do.

I love her to bits but there is no way I am going to attempt brushing her fangs.
LOL, we didnt find out until our cats were well set in their ways, so Im no good to you, thats why Im recomending training while young! We just stump up $3-400 every few years to help finance the vets latest SUV
Old Oct 9th 2009, 4:29 am
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

If I may be so bold, and return the subject from feline's to the meet.

Did we ever do a list of who is coming or not? I am planning on coming. Start a new thread something along the lines of "BE Meetup attendance register"?
Old Oct 9th 2009, 4:39 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

Originally Posted by sharkus
If I may be so bold, and return the subject from feline's to the meet.

Did we ever do a list of who is coming or not? I am planning on coming. Start a new thread something along the lines of "BE Meetup attendance register"?
There was the poll thread (sticky), but some plans have changed since then.

That's the problem with starting a list... it would keep changing anyway.
Old Oct 14th 2009, 3:53 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

Time to bring this to the top again I guess.

I still plan on being there, although unfortunatley in a sober capacity as i will be heading home afterwards... Is it going to be particularly difficult to pick the BE group out in this place?
Old Oct 14th 2009, 4:18 am
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by iaink
Time to bring this to the top again I guess.

I still plan on being there, although unfortunatley in a sober capacity as i will be heading home afterwards... Is it going to be particularly difficult to pick the BE group out in this place?
I imagine not, I could put my Christmas Tree earring in if you think that would help. Otherwise though, what does it matter? It's a pub, if you end up talking to people who are the wrong people that's as good as finding the right ones.
Old Oct 14th 2009, 4:24 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

Originally Posted by dbd33
I imagine not, I could put my Christmas Tree earring in if you think that would help. Otherwise though, what does it matter? It's a pub, if you end up talking to people who are the wrong people that's as good as finding the right ones.
Fair point.... I could wear my Liverpool shirt, but they probably wouldnt let me in, and if they did no one would talk to me anyway!
Old Oct 14th 2009, 4:54 am

lmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond repute

Im going to there if it is still on. Wouldn't mind some way to identify people though. I dont mind talking to random people after a few pints, but prefer not to while sober...

Or is there still a pre-meet at the Zanzibar??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.