Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

I think it's about time for a TO BE meet up....

Wikiposts

I think it's about time for a TO BE meet up....

Old Sep 27th 2009, 1:13 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I think it's about time for a TO BE meet up....

Originally Posted by bombards
Have been camping (yes in a tent, in this weather) all weekend an d just trying to catch up - are we going out or not????

Totally confused now............ Friday is still GOOD for me if we are going out!!!

Can some one make the FINAL decision!

B
Apparently not. At the moment it seems to be sub judice in the truest democratic tradition. If it turns out to be a hung vote, we'll just have to live with it or have a series of meet-ups every night for a week.

Either that or a coalition.
Old Sep 27th 2009, 1:57 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Apparently not. At the moment it seems to be sub judice in the truest democratic tradition. If it turns out to be a hung vote, we'll just have to live with it or have a series of meet-ups every night for a week.

Either that or a coalition.
Thursday
Old Sep 27th 2009, 4:00 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fledermaus
Thursday
Can you put Ms Clinque down for Thursday also, she just hasn't voted, but that is the ONLY day she can make it.........................

Also, are the out of towners seriously coming, as in Butch and Flogger - not really fair for them to vote if they know they are not coming.
Old Sep 28th 2009, 1:07 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

OK, I am going to finally and unequivocally put a stop to the dithering and say
THURSDAY...

Apologies to those who cant make it, but unfortunately someone has to be disapointed one way or the other.
Old Sep 28th 2009, 1:11 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by iaink
OK, I am going to finally and unequivocally put a stop to the dithering and say
THURSDAY...

Apologies to those who cant make it, but unfortunately someone has to be disapointed one way or the other.
I love it when you are masterful..
Old Sep 28th 2009, 1:20 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

I love it when you are masterful..
Oh, I'm sure there will be no end of disappointed people once they meet me in the flesh. That's the nature of internet dating I suppose.

Here's my picture by the way, so that people will recognise me

Old Sep 28th 2009, 1:41 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by iaink
Oh, I'm sure there will be no end of disappointed people once they meet me in the flesh. That's the nature of internet dating I suppose.

Here's my picture by the way, so that people will recognise me

http://blogs.theage.com.au/entertain...Hasslehoff.jpg
you're trying to gross people out now aren't you.

oh, i feel quite queasy now

that picture must contravene some rules

Last edited by fledermaus; Sep 28th 2009 at 1:43 am.
Old Sep 28th 2009, 2:10 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

you're trying to gross people out now aren't you.

oh, i feel quite queasy now

that picture must contravene some rules
2. There may be places where sexually explicit, racist, obscene or vulgar language, graphics or behavior is appropriate however BritishExpats.com is NOT one of them. We do not alllow graphics that contain nude body parts, sexually-orientated or violent acts. Should anyone use inappropriate language, start a personal attack, or engage in hate speech, they will be barred from all further discussions.

4. Trolling on this site is not tolerated. We define trolling as any inflammatory threads or posts that are started with the sole intent of upsetting or antagonizing other members. Anyone found making such posts will be removed from the forums.
Old Sep 28th 2009, 2:14 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
2. There may be places where sexually explicit, racist, obscene or vulgar language, graphics or behavior is appropriate however BritishExpats.com is NOT one of them. We do not alllow graphics that contain nude body parts, sexually-orientated or violent acts. Should anyone use inappropriate language, start a personal attack, or engage in hate speech, they will be barred from all further discussions.

4. Trolling on this site is not tolerated. We define trolling as any inflammatory threads or posts that are started with the sole intent of upsetting or antagonizing other members. Anyone found making such posts will be removed from the forums.

Main Entry: ob·scene
Pronunciation: \äb-ˈsēn, əb-\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle French, from Latin obscenus, obscaenus
Date: 1593
1 : disgusting to the senses : repulsive
2 a : abhorrent to morality or virtue; specifically : designed to incite to lust or depravity b : containing or being language regarded as taboo in polite usage <obscene lyrics> c : repulsive by reason of crass disregard of moral or ethical principles <an obscene misuse of power> d : so excessive as to be offensive <obscene wealth> <obscene waste>

Hmmm.... it might be a fair cop...

Obvioulsy Im not impartial, so Ill let CO decide...

Old Sep 28th 2009, 3:57 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know why the thought suddenly occurred to me, but perhaps we should have the meet at the Brass Rail this time rather than Scotland Yard.

Can you start a poll please iain?
Old Sep 28th 2009, 4:01 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

No. Are you afraid we will all be terribly dull and want some sort of, er, distraction, to pass the time...

Not sure I (or anyone else for that matter) can compete with that sort of thing...

Anyway, Im glad you said "Can you start a poll please Iain" and not "Can you start up a poll please Iain", cos that could have just been a typo

Last edited by iaink; Sep 28th 2009 at 4:44 am.
Old Sep 28th 2009, 4:40 am
Forum Regular

bombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
I don't know why the thought suddenly occurred to me, but perhaps we should have the meet at the Brass Rail this time rather than Scotland Yard.

Can you start a poll please iain?
Why am I suddenly worried about the venue????
Old Sep 28th 2009, 4:52 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy

No, it didn't do much for me lustwise.

Trolling, no, unless a tummy upset counts
Old Sep 28th 2009, 5:51 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

No, it didn't do much for me lustwise.

Trolling, no, unless a tummy upset counts
It certainly upset my stomach and my sensibilities
Old Sep 28th 2009, 6:59 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys

I obviously can't make it as I live in London and am gutted that I cannot meet some of my favourite personalities/ heroes and mentors on BE.

I do however now have my PR card and there is a good chance I will fly out to live once more in Canada in late December for the New Year. If another Meet is arranged next year please definately count me in.

James

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.