Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

i think im geting ripped off

i think im geting ripped off

Old Nov 30th 2009, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

zalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond repute
Default i think im geting ripped off

So I was just wondering if any of you( particularly the ladies) think that I am getting ripped off.

If you can see my picture, you will see that I have very long hair . So for the Hosp Christmas party coming up, I thaught I might get my hair curled. You know, nothing particularly special , just some loose curls and maybe a little up do .. just to make me a little different from how I normally dress when at work.

I get to the hairdressers to make my appt and because of the lenghth of my hair, I am told that I will need to wash and dry it the night before. Ok fine, I can understand that

Then I tell her what I want done... she tells me it will cost between $65-$85.00 ! for a few curls and not even washing and drying it??

WHAT?????????????????

Is this normal? dont get my hair done every day.. whatcha think?

Last edited by zalaben; Nov 30th 2009 at 2:54 pm. Reason: typo as usual
Old Nov 30th 2009, 2:56 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: i think im geting ripped off

Is this your normal hairdresser? What do they charge for just a cut.

Big range in prices depending on how swanky the salon I guess.

You could always get a $10 buzz cut...that would make an impression...
Old Nov 30th 2009, 2:57 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zalaben
So I was just wondering if any of you( particularly the ladies) think that I am getting ripped off.

If you can see my picture, you will see that I have very long hair . So for the Hosp Christmas party coming up, I thaught I might get my hair curled. You know, nothing particularly special , just some loose curls and maybe a little up do .. just to make me a little different from how I normally dress when at work.

I get to the hairdressers to make my appt and because of the lenghth of my hair, I am told that I will need to wash and dry it the night before. Ok fine, I can understand that

Then I tell her what I want done... she tells me it will cost between $65-$85.00 ! for a few curls and not even washing and drying it??

WHAT?????????????????

Is this normal? dont get my hair done every day.. whatcha think?
Ask them how much to do a marge simpson?
Old Nov 30th 2009, 2:59 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

If you can see my picture, you will see that I have very long hair . So for the Hosp Christmas party coming up, I thought I might get my hair curled. You know, nothing particularly special , just some loose curls and maybe a little up do...just to make me a little different from how I normally dress when at work.

I get to the hairdressers to make my appt and because of the length of my hair, I am told that I will need to wash and dry it the night before. Ok fine, I can understand that

WHAT?????????????????

Is this normal? Don't get my hair done every day.. whatcha think?
Considering what my wife and daughters in law pay for what they get done.

You're getting a pretty good deal.
Old Nov 30th 2009, 3:02 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

LOL, hair salon question...three replies, all men!
Old Nov 30th 2009, 3:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

zalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond repute

You could always get a $10 buzz cut...that would make an impression...[/QUOTE]

ha! you`re funny.. maybe I should get a hubby to help me pay for it ??
Old Nov 30th 2009, 3:04 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iaink
LOL, hair salon question...three replies, all men!
Note to self...GET A LIFE.
Old Nov 30th 2009, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=Alan2005;8135756]Ask them how much to do a marge simpson?

yes I can imagine walking in to the party looking like Marge..
might be cheaper tho
Old Nov 30th 2009, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Considering what my wife and daughters in law pay for what they get done.

You're getting a pretty good deal.
ok good to know
Old Nov 30th 2009, 3:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

albertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
I know you are only having your hair curled and put up but it can take a very long time.
A lady was having this done when I was at the hairdressers in England and it took about 1.5 hours.
She did look fabulous when they'd finished though
Tina
Old Nov 30th 2009, 4:42 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

I'd agree that it isn't too bad a price. If they curl it using tongues or a straightening iron (yes guys you can curl with a flat iron) it will take a long time - then pinning it up to finish.

My sis in law is a hairdresser and did the same thing last week for someone with hair your length for a bridal shower, and it took her 3 hours (though she does have her own salon and can chat for England / Canada!!!)

I'd say splash out you have beautiful long hair and it would look stunning

Last edited by mandymoochops; Nov 30th 2009 at 4:44 pm.
Old Nov 30th 2009, 4:43 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

I think that's probably about right - why not call a few salons and ask what they charge for updo's. I know one salon locally was doing a promotion for half price updo's at $40.
Old Nov 30th 2009, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

I'd say splash out you have beautiful long hair and it would look

stunning [/QUOTE]

ahh thanks.. yup you are right.. gonna splash and just do it!

only thing is , been doing a lot of splashing these days... bought U2 tickets for me and my sis for $550.00..
Old Nov 30th 2009, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
I think that's probably about right - why not call a few salons and ask what they charge for updo's. I know one salon locally was doing a promotion for half price updo's at $40.
thanks , will do
Old Nov 30th 2009, 9:04 pm
BE Troll

Lord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond repute

You'll have to provide a before and after picture in odrer for me to make that determination.

Last edited by Lord Vader; Nov 30th 2009 at 9:15 pm. Reason: before the spelling brigade goes on a freak spree

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.