British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   I miss my daily (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/i-miss-my-daily-734612/)

pinkmcfarquhar Oct 4th 2011 2:46 pm

Re: I miss my daily

our dogs love vienna sausages! i'm sure they are extremely healthy for them to have. not.

arniedog Oct 4th 2011 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by Novocastrian (Post 9657688)
Your prerogative mate, but if you think that's sensible or even sane then I don't give you much chance of successfully making the change to living in a foreign country.

you think i might end up coming back to England because i like a certain teabag thats sold in England :confused:wow i can just picture the scene on my arrival back in the UK....why did you come back ? What happened in Canada to make you return ? .....well i failed to adjust to Canadian life because i didnt find a Canadian teabag i liked :blink: good job ive found a Canadian lager i like otherwise i might as well just cancel the flights now

dbd33 Oct 4th 2011 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by arniedog (Post 9658126)
ive found a Canadian lager i like

Coors Lite?

Geordie Lass Oct 4th 2011 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by arniedog (Post 9658126)
you think i might end up coming back to England because i like a certain teabag thats sold in England :confused:wow i can just picture the scene on my arrival back in the UK....why did you come back ? What happened in Canada to make you return ? .....well i failed to adjust to Canadian life because i didnt find a Canadian teabag i liked :blink: good job ive found a Canadian lager i like otherwise i might as well just cancel the flights now

:rofl: I'm a tetleys girl myself. Although if god forbid I couldn't get hold of tetleys second best would be Yorkshire Tea (even if it is grown in India!)

And for the record I will be getting friends and family to bring me teabags. Saying that I get a mate to ship me Dunkin Donuts from America. Fussy? Me? Nah I just like what I like! :D

arniedog Oct 4th 2011 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by Geordie Lass (Post 9658665)
:rofl: I'm a tetleys girl myself. Although if god forbid I couldn't get hold of tetleys second best would be Yorkshire Tea (even if it is grown in India!)

And for the record I will be getting friends and family to bring me teabags. Saying that I get a mate to ship me Dunkin Donuts from America. Fussy? Me? Nah I just like what I like! :D

shhh dont let novocastrian hear you say that youll be written off as another failed immigrant :p

Geordie Lass Oct 4th 2011 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by arniedog (Post 9658723)
shhh dont let novocastrian hear you say that youll be written off as another failed immigrant :p

I don't mind being a failure in that respect... - I'll ponder it over a dunkin donuts or tetleys... ;):D

arniedog Oct 4th 2011 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by dbd33 (Post 9658637)
Coors Lite?

coors lite now you are being silly , i was thinking more along the lines of fosters:rofl:although i was in a bar in downtown Toronto once and asked the barman if he could recommend a Canadian lager he tried to convince me that carlsberg was in fact Canadian :eek::beer:

arniedog Oct 4th 2011 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by Geordie Lass (Post 9658724)
I don't mind being a failure in that respect... - I'll ponder it over a dunkin donuts or tetleys... ;):D

being a Geordie lass dont you miss a nice bit of stotie (prob spelt completely wrong)cake with your tetleys:thumbsup:well i think thats what my grandad used to call it

Geordie Lass Oct 4th 2011 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by arniedog (Post 9658740)
being a Geordie lass dont you miss a nice bit of stotie (prob spelt completely wrong)cake with your tetleys:thumbsup:well i think thats what my grandad used to call it

Stotties aren't cakes! ;) Stotties are great big soft bread buns for sandwiches! :rofl:

But yes you can't beat a good stottie - with fish and chips and a cuppa! :)

arniedog Oct 4th 2011 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by Geordie Lass (Post 9658743)
Stotties aren't cakes! ;) Stotties are great big soft bread buns for sandwiches! :rofl:

But yes you can't beat a good stottie - with fish and chips and a cuppa! :)

Ahh i see , well after all these years i finally find out what they are lol :thumbsup:

Geordie Lass Oct 4th 2011 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by arniedog (Post 9658746)
Ahh i see , well after all these years i finally find out what they are lol :thumbsup:

Great big bread buns - usually so big they dip a bit in the middle. You'd be hard pushed to eat a whole one yourself for lunch! :)

:thumbup:

arniedog Oct 4th 2011 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by Geordie Lass (Post 9658748)
Great big bread buns - usually so big they dip a bit in the middle. You'd be hard pushed to eat a whole one yourself for lunch! :)

:thumbup:

i wouldnt bet on it , not if it was filled with crispy bacon with a drizzle of maple syrup over it :thumbsup::beer:

Geordie Lass Oct 5th 2011 12:12 am

Originally Posted by arniedog (Post 9658762)
i wouldnt bet on it , not if it was filled with crispy bacon with a drizzle of maple syrup over it :thumbsup::beer:

I love bacon, love maple syrup but wouldn't think to put the two together... sounds a bit wrong to me... will try it tho! ;)

Washed down with a can of Canadian Calsberg? :rofl:

ultrarunner Oct 5th 2011 12:31 am

Originally Posted by Geordie Lass (Post 9658788)
I love bacon, love maple syrup but wouldn't think to put the two together... sounds a bit wrong to me... will try it tho! ;)

Washed down with a can of Canadian Calsberg? :rofl:

As suppose to a Danish Calsberg? :D

ultrarunner Oct 5th 2011 12:32 am

Originally Posted by AmyDavid (Post 9657858)
No it is NOT. Are you quite crazy Flogger? Next you will be telling me corned beef in a tin is great. :eek:

Are you saying it's not? One word for you

EXETER :D