Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

I have a kitch full of shiney new appliances!

I have a kitch full of shiney new appliances!

Old Nov 11th 2011, 5:38 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I have a kitch full of shiney new appliances!

Just wanted to share with you all

I have waited 2.5yrs for them, I keep walking into the kitchen and looking at them.

I am so excited I couldnt even type the word kitchen in the title

Last edited by Miss Clinique; Nov 11th 2011 at 5:41 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Nov 11th 2011, 5:41 pm
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I have a kitch full of shiney new appliances!

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique
Just wanted to share with you all

I have waited 2.5yrs for them, I keep walking into the kitchen and looking at them.
What brand....Kitchen aid, jenn air, et al? Care to post a piccies of the shiny things? Hope it is stainless steel

Congrats on the buy
Old Nov 11th 2011, 5:51 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Merry Christmas
Old Nov 11th 2011, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by ultrarunner
What brand....Kitchen aid, jenn air, et al? Care to post a piccies of the shiny things? Hope it is stainless steel

Congrats on the buy

Brushed stainless steel dontcha know

Originally Posted by el_richo
Merry Christmas
I always knew there was a santa, he just took a long time getting here.
Old Nov 11th 2011, 6:21 pm
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute

Brushed stainless steel dontcha know

Made by?
Old Nov 11th 2011, 6:56 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

How exciting

I have vowed never to have stainless again, however I am finding there is a problem with that....It's almost impossible to find anything else that is nice
Old Nov 11th 2011, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
How exciting

I have vowed never to have stainless again, however I am finding there is a problem with that....It's almost impossible to find anything else that is nice
Apparently its got some kind of coating, so you are not left with finger marks every time you go near it. I will let you know how that works out.
Old Nov 11th 2011, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by ultrarunner
Made by?
Nothing special, it is the frigidaire gallery collection, my thoughts were as I will only be here for approx four more years, I am not going to leave expensive goods for the next person, I have done too much of that in the past. I will buy good stuff for my forever house in France.
Old Nov 11th 2011, 8:37 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently its got some kind of coating, so you are not left with finger marks every time you go near it. I will let you know how that works out.
Yeah I saw Frigidaire had a sign on saying fingerprint free, my complaint with the stainless here is that it doesn't appear to be stainless and you spend every day cleaning it to just leave smears over it How do they get it right in commercial kitchens?
Old Nov 12th 2011, 12:23 am
BE Enthusiast

justkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Yeah I saw Frigidaire had a sign on saying fingerprint free, my complaint with the stainless here is that it doesn't appear to be stainless and you spend every day cleaning it to just leave smears over it How do they get it right in commercial kitchens?
I don't know how they do it in commercial kitchens but in my kitchen I keep a spray bottle with 50% water and 50% rubbing alcohol. I just spritz the appliance with a little bit and then wipe with a dry microfiber cloth. It works very well on my stainless steel fridge and on the black glass cook top.
Old Nov 12th 2011, 12:37 am

Originally Posted by bgroe
I don't know how they do it in commercial kitchens but in my kitchen I keep a spray bottle with 50% water and 50% rubbing alcohol. I just spritz the appliance with a little bit and then wipe with a dry microfiber cloth. It works very well on my stainless steel fridge and on the black glass cook top.
I have a stain on both my dishwasher and my fridge that no amount of product will ever remove.

When I worked in commercial kitchens it was just a case of wipe it down with a bit of green (green scrubby stuff/scotch brite) and whatever chemical you could lay your hands on, quite often just washing up soap, no special stainless steel cleaners
Old Nov 12th 2011, 4:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

PeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond repute

We just moved into new house and bought a fridge, dishwasher (both Bosch) and a cooker, all stainless.

Only complaint we have is the pantry door is in a position where one of the fridge doors hits the handle, its made a dent and shows up like a beacon.
Old Nov 12th 2011, 6:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

PaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud of

Try a little bit of baby oil on stainless. Wipe it on with a paper towel, and then dry it right off again. Takes off marks/fingerprints and leaves it shiny and sealed for another week.
Old Nov 12th 2011, 8:22 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Miss Clinique; I have done too much of that in the past. I will buy good stuff for my forever house in France.[/QUOTE]

Don't! I 'did' that here too many years ago! It was my forever home, in a watermill, on an island in Le Loir, not La Loire, handmade staircase and kitchen and now with the Euro, I think I will have to put a gift tag on it and give it away!

Congratulations on your lovely new kitchen! Kitchens are the best feeling in the world, after shiny white bathrooms with fluffy towels.
Old Nov 13th 2011, 12:43 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by PaulandNikki
Try a little bit of baby oil on stainless. Wipe it on with a paper towel, and then dry it right off again. Takes off marks/fingerprints and leaves it shiny and sealed for another week.
Same as Vinegar then?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.