Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

I have a date...Butch will understand

Wikiposts

I have a date...Butch will understand

Old Aug 11th 2008, 1:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I have a date...Butch will understand

Originally Posted by Steve_P
6:00am and I'm about to set off for the hospital.

I just want to thank everyone for their karma, PMs, and emails.

See you later today, I hope.
Was looking for this thread this morning, thinking of you Steve x
Old Aug 11th 2008, 3:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Rob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond repute

Steve, thinking of you this morning.
Old Aug 11th 2008, 4:36 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Hope everything has gone well, let us know you're ok as soon as you can.
Old Aug 11th 2008, 6:34 am
NEMESIS

dazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond repute

I will be a lot happier when i know you are ok ! Take it easy mate
Old Aug 11th 2008, 6:45 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

If we haven't heard from Steve by Wednesday, bags me his camera gear.

(Just kidding - hope all goes well!!)
Old Aug 11th 2008, 8:33 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
If we haven't heard from Steve by Wednesday, bags me his camera gear.

(Just kidding - hope all goes well!!)
you wicked person you (wish I'd thought of that sooner)
Old Aug 11th 2008, 5:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna_D
you wicked person you (wish I'd thought of that sooner)
You are both really bad

Hope all is well Steve x
Old Aug 11th 2008, 10:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Missed this one Steve. Hope all went well yesterday - best wishes from us lot too
Old Aug 12th 2008, 2:19 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Well sh*t.

I'm back and the news is not good.

So first a little background. There are three main arteries in the heart and in my case all three have been bypassed. Of those three the main or Left is bypassed with an artery from within my chest, the other two, the right and the circumflex were bypassed using a vein harvested from my left leg.

Two years ago the vein graft to my circumflex artery became 100% blocked but the heart created its own bypass called a collateral going from the right artery to the circumflex. At that time it was also noted that the vein graft supplying that right artery was diseased but only in a minor way.

Yesterday's angiogram revealed that the vein graft to my right artery now in the words of my cardiologist looks ugly, there are three blockages along its length one 50% one at 70% and one at 80% but the vein is in such bad shape they won't touch it to do an angioplasty for fear of breaking pieces off or bursting it open.

So they want to do another bypass but the surgeons normally don't like to do a second bypass when the graft to the left artery is working just fine as it is in my case, it's as clear as a bell.

But I was told that when (not if) I lose the current graft to my right artery I will lose the blood supply to a significant portion of my heart.

So my cardiologist is pleading my case with the head of surgery and I'll know in the next week what they have decided for me.

If they refuse to do the surgery the other option is to try a drill through the original blockage in my right artery but that blockage is at least twelve years old and has calcified so the chances of success are just 50-50.

So now you know what I know.

Sorry for the long winded explanation but that's the only way I could think to explain it all.

Besides I am feeling a bit sorry for myself right now so I may as well make some of you miserable too.

Cheers
Steve
Old Aug 12th 2008, 2:23 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

I want to come and give you a big moo hug - you're explanation went right over my head to be honest but it sounded a bit pants tbh.

If I could make everything better for you right now I really really would - will come and see you and Mrs P when I get back from England next week.

Huge hugs dad
Old Aug 12th 2008, 2:26 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Well sh*t.

I'm back and the news is not good.

So first a little background. There are three main arteries in the heart and in my case all three have been bypassed. Of those three the main or Left is bypassed with an artery from within my chest, the other two, the right and the circumflex were bypassed using a vein harvested from my left leg.

Two years ago the vein graft to my circumflex artery became 100% blocked but the heart created its own bypass called a collateral going from the right artery to the circumflex. At that time it was also noted that the vein graft supplying that right artery was diseased but only in a minor way.

Yesterday's angiogram revealed that the vein graft to my right artery now in the words of my cardiologist looks ugly, there are three blockages along its length one 50% one at 70% and one at 80% but the vein is in such bad shape they won't touch it to do an angioplasty for fear of breaking pieces off or bursting it open.

So they want to do another bypass but the surgeons normally don't like to do a second bypass when the graft to the left artery is working just fine as it is in my case, it's as clear as a bell.

But I was told that when (not if) I lose the current graft to my right artery I will lose the blood supply to a significant portion of my heart.

So my cardiologist is pleading my case with the head of surgery and I'll know in the next week what they have decided for me.

If they refuse to do the surgery the other option is to try a drill through the original blockage in my right artery but that blockage is at least twelve years old and has calcified so the chances of success are just 50-50.

So now you know what I know.

Sorry for the long winded explanation but that's the only way I could think to explain it all.

Besides I am feeling a bit sorry for myself right now so I may as well make some of you miserable too.

Cheers
Steve

Wow, poor you

I am sure your Caridologist will succeed in stating your case to the powers that be, he has the whole might of BE behind him

Keep you're pecker up
Old Aug 12th 2008, 2:26 am
BE Forum Addict

fuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to see you back in one piece Steve

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that your cardiologist convinces the surgeon you are a deserving case

Perhaps we could start a petition on BE

Best wishes

Jo
Old Aug 12th 2008, 2:31 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

mmmmm yes stand outside the hospital with placards saying "Save our Steve"

I like it (they wouldn't dare do anything other I would set Bazzz on them <shivers>)
Old Aug 12th 2008, 2:34 am
BE Forum Addict

fuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
mmmmm yes stand outside the hospital with placards saying "Save our Steve"

I like it (they wouldn't dare do anything other I would set Bazzz on them <shivers>)
The op would be a certainty if Bazzz was involved
Old Aug 12th 2008, 2:40 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

IMHO Mr P. it doesnt matter what comes outta this cos:

1) Theres life in the old dog yet
and
2) Only the good die young and lets face it you are a BAD UN

Seriously though. Unless I'm mistaken you have an Fìn ace Cardiologist and if he can get it done for you he will.

My `prayers`are with you mate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.