Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

I have been left Home Alone....

I have been left Home Alone....

Old May 4th 2008, 12:40 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default I have been left Home Alone....

and it would appear I have managed to eat my own body weight in snack food. How did that happen?!
Old May 4th 2008, 12:43 am
I'm a girl, dagnabbit! :)

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of
Default Re: I have been left Home Alone....

It's a well known phenomena called 'No Self Control What So Ever'.
Old May 4th 2008, 12:44 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wannabe
It's a well known phenomena called 'No Self Control What So Ever'.

mixed in with a little Bacardi and Coke....
Old May 4th 2008, 12:51 am

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
mixed in with a little Bacardi and Coke....
Oh no... Pretty soon, your cupboards will no longer have chips, chocolate, cookies, dried fruit, hot chocolate powder, raisins or anything else bearing the slightest resemblance to a snack...
Old May 4th 2008, 12:54 am

Originally Posted by Wannabe
Oh no... Pretty soon, your cupboards will no longer have chips, chocolate, cookies, dried fruit, hot chocolate powder, raisins or anything else bearing the slightest resemblance to a snack...
I have just found 6 dried up large marshmellows and eaten them - even though the first one was horrible I still ate the rest. Does this make me a bad person?!!
Old May 4th 2008, 1:02 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Your just using up things before they have to be thrown out!
Old May 4th 2008, 1:03 am

Does this make me a bad person?!!
Nope. It makes you an optimist.

I'm eating Quaker Chewy Bars, that were supposed to be for my lunches at work... I've also eaten all but two cookies that I bought because I thought it'd be fun to make pictures with them (no pics made yet!), and I'm half way down a pint of yummylicious, sweet strawberries. After that, I'll either go to bed, or make some microwave popcorn.
Old May 4th 2008, 1:04 am

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Your just using up things before they have to be thrown out!
I like your way of thinking!
Old May 4th 2008, 1:20 am
BE Forum Addict

mkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond repute

I have just found 6 dried up large marshmellows and eaten them - even though the first one was horrible I still ate the rest. Does this make me a bad person?!!
Hey Amy

No, doesn't make you a bad person. It makes you a woman. We're used to living on scraps.

I browse during the day when I'm alone. Amazing what I'll nibble on to keep boredom/hunger at bay. Weird concoctions. Pickle straight from the jar is favourite. Yummy.
Old May 4th 2008, 1:22 am

Originally Posted by mkmurrays
Hey Amy

No, doesn't make you a bad person. It makes you a woman. We're used to living on scraps.

I browse during the day when I'm alone. Amazing what I'll nibble on to keep boredom/hunger at bay. Weird concoctions. Pickle straight from the jar is favourite. Yummy.
As in Branston Pickle? I could eat that straight out of the jar!!
Old May 4th 2008, 1:28 am
BE Forum Addict

mkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond repute

As in Branston Pickle? I could eat that straight out of the jar!!
That's the one,....big spoonful, luverly.
Old May 4th 2008, 1:29 am

Originally Posted by mkmurrays
That's the one,....big spoonful, luverly.
Ooh yeah - or a chunk of cheese with a big dollop of salad cream on top! Okay now I am having to go look in the fridge again to see what else I can eat! I blame you!
Old May 4th 2008, 10:43 am
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

When the fridge is empty DON'T PANIC....follow these instructions exactly and you will be fine.
  • Take a deep breath and step away form the fridge
  • Slowly and calmly walk to the phone
  • Dial the number for pizzahalifax
  • Explain your situation to the counselor who answers the phone (they are well trained to deal with situations like yours)
  • Put the phone down and await a knock at the door
  • When the man hands you a package is is customary to give him a gift in return as this therapy is not covered by your health insurance (a $20 note will usually suffice depending on the scale of your therapy)
  • Take the package into the house and unwrap it, the contents will relieve your anxiety for the rest of the day but you may need to repeat the therapy tomorrow.
Old May 4th 2008, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by destinationnovascotia
When the fridge is empty DON'T PANIC....follow these instructions exactly and you will be fine.
  • Take a deep breath and step away form the fridge
  • Slowly and calmly walk to the phone
  • Dial the number for pizzahalifax
  • Explain your situation to the counselor who answers the phone (they are well trained to deal with situations like yours)
  • Put the phone down and await a knock at the door
  • When the man hands you a package is is customary to give him a gift in return as this therapy is not covered by your health insurance (a $20 note will usually suffice depending on the scale of your therapy)
  • Take the package into the house and unwrap it, the contents will relieve your anxiety for the rest of the day but you may need to repeat the therapy tomorrow.
Now why didn't I get this earlier last night!!
Old May 4th 2008, 11:24 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Is this a women only thread? If not, maybe Confucius, The Dean or myself over in the Middle East can come and fill your emptiness...or does hubby own a gun?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.