Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

I Hate House Selling!

I Hate House Selling!

Old May 11th 2007, 6:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: The Vancouver Suburbs... for the next few years anyway!
The TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud of
Default I Hate House Selling!

:curse: I didn't want to steal Gay's thread but our house isn't even "officially" on the market yet and I hate this. One of the estate agents we had round to value said he had 2 couples who had just lost out on local houses and were looking exactly for what we have and were ok about the road (which might be an issue for us) so would we be willing to let them see it this week/weekend.

I wasn't sure because it means we won't be able to have regular viewings this weekend if we agree but agent is so confident about buyers we agree to do so.

AND THEY NEVER SHOWED UP!!!!!!!!

I had to leave work early and schlep across london in a rush to get home and make sure everything was ready for them and these people who are "desperate" to buy as they're in a short lease rented accommodation don't even bother to show up!

:curse: :curse: :curse:

I have no idea what I'm in for do I?

Sorry - just needed to rant!

em x
Old May 11th 2007, 6:51 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I Hate House Selling!

Oh wait until you've moved over, left your house for sale in the expectation it'll go soon, bought a new house in Canada on the same expectation, face the horror of paying two mortgages, drop the price of your Uk house by 20k, eventually sell after a year by which point the exchange rate has dropped to 2.05 to the pound!

Then complain

(Seriously, I feel your pain and you have my sympathies.)
Old May 11th 2007, 6:55 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The TWs
:curse: I didn't want to steal Gay's thread but our house isn't even "officially" on the market yet and I hate this. One of the estate agents we had round to value said he had 2 couples who had just lost out on local houses and were looking exactly for what we have and were ok about the road (which might be an issue for us) so would we be willing to let them see it this week/weekend.

I wasn't sure because it means we won't be able to have regular viewings this weekend if we agree but agent is so confident about buyers we agree to do so.

AND THEY NEVER SHOWED UP!!!!!!!!

I had to leave work early and schlep across london in a rush to get home and make sure everything was ready for them and these people who are "desperate" to buy as they're in a short lease rented accommodation don't even bother to show up!

:curse: :curse: :curse:

I have no idea what I'm in for do I?

Sorry - just needed to rant!

em x
Do estate agents in the UK not have keys for the properties they're selling any more?
Old May 11th 2007, 6:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

The TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Oh wait until you've moved over, left your house for sale in the expectation it'll go soon, bought a new house in Canada on the same expectation, face the horror of paying two mortgages, drop the price of your Uk house by 20k, eventually sell after a year by which point the exchange rate has dropped to 2.05 to the pound!

Then complain

(Seriously, I feel your pain and you have my sympathies.)
That is horrendous... also my greatest fear... you have MY sympathies!
Old May 11th 2007, 6:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Do estate agents in the UK not have keys for the properties they're selling any more?
They would do but as we haven't officially agreed to go with them I didn't want to hand over my house keys. They're not budging on their fee at the moment and that's one of the stumbling blocks. Although if they sold my house this weekend I probably wouldn't argue too much!
Old May 11th 2007, 7:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

They would do but as we haven't officially agreed to go with them I didn't want to hand over my house keys. They're not budging on their fee at the moment and that's one of the stumbling blocks. Although if they sold my house this weekend I probably wouldn't argue too much!
We're in our 8th week and I just let it go over my head now. If it doesn't sell I'm going to rent it and rent something out there till next year then put it on sale again.
What's their commission?
Old May 11th 2007, 8:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

I dont want to hijack anyones thread but ....................

DONT GET ME STARTED !!!

I am that cheesed off I slashed £10k off mid week - not even had a taster and to make matters worse out of the 5 people who work for the branch two are off sick one being my "personal negotiator"

MAD I SAY ? MAD

Stark raving Mad !!!!!:curse: :curse: :curse:

Gaynor
x
Old May 11th 2007, 8:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud of

BIG HUGS to you both.

xxx
Old May 11th 2007, 8:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robski
BIG HUGS to you both.

xxx
aww thanks babe

But as you can understand a buyer would be so much nicer

Gaynor
Old May 11th 2007, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud of

Doh, but, honest, that was the best i could do... sorry

I asked the house selling dancers to get on the case for you.

Old May 11th 2007, 9:11 pm
throw caution to the wind

louise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond repute

I think selling a house is just so stressful - I really feel for you and for Gay too, house selling Karma coming your way!
Old May 11th 2007, 10:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks everyone!

Gay - I don't know about the house selling dancers but I'm dancing for you!

Steve their fee is 1.5% - everyone else around us is 1.25% - it works out to be about a grand difference but that's MY grand and I have yet to understand what they do for the money! (Plus with what moving costs every penny helps!)
Old May 11th 2007, 10:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone!

Steve their fee is 1.5% - everyone else around us is 1.25% - it works out to be about a grand difference but that's MY grand and I have yet to understand what they do for the money! (Plus with what moving costs every penny helps!)
1.5% is a lot, mind you it took ages and loads of haggling to get ours down to 0.8% and 1% (we have 2 agents). Not that it seems to have done any good, there's nobody viewing this weekend again by the look of it.
Old May 12th 2007, 8:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks everyone!

TW

You want to think yourseld lucky 1.5% is the norm around here and no one will budge below that

And seeing it's saturday maybe we should do the house selling dance all day.

gaynor

x
Old May 12th 2007, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

blueeyes2002 will become famous soon enoughblueeyes2002 will become famous soon enough

You're lucky...1.5 is the going rate for sole agency here. 2% is the norm for multi and they won't budge on it at all! There is only 1 agency that will and we've been listed with them for months.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.