Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

I hate garden stuff - specifically jet washers

I hate garden stuff - specifically jet washers

Old Apr 19th 2009, 6:36 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute
Default I hate garden stuff - specifically jet washers

So for the last 2 hours I have been trying to work out how this goddam hose attaches to the jet washer.

Not hard you'd think eh

Wrong

When the hose is attached to the tap outside if it doesn't have its fancy dancy hosethingy attachment at the end the water comes out - alls good. Soon as you put that on so you can attach it to the jet washer the water stops coming out.

I've took it apart and changed it around to see if there was something blatantly obvious (such as a sticker saying insert part A here etc) but no.

So after 2 hours i'm soaked, annoyed, have a sore foot from where I kicked the jet washer (twice) so came inside to calm down and have some cheese whizz on toast.

Would have been goddam cheaper and less stressful to drive into town and clean the truck in a drive thru thingy - so much for my self sufficient living out in the sticks.

:curse:
Old Apr 19th 2009, 6:46 pm
no I aint

Flogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I hate garden stuff - specifically jet washers

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
So for the last 2 hours I have been trying to work out how this goddam hose attaches to the jet washer.

Not hard you'd think eh

Wrong

When the hose is attached to the tap outside if it doesn't have its fancy dancy hosethingy attachment at the end the water comes out - alls good. Soon as you put that on so you can attach it to the jet washer the water stops coming out.

I've took it apart and changed it around to see if there was something blatantly obvious (such as a sticker saying insert part A here etc) but no.

So after 2 hours i'm soaked, annoyed, have a sore foot from where I kicked the jet washer (twice) so came inside to calm down and have some cheese whizz on toast.

Would have been goddam cheaper and less stressful to drive into town and clean the truck in a drive thru thingy - so much for my self sufficient living out in the sticks.

:curse:
Mand what is the fancy dancy hosethingy?
Does it turn,closing a tap inside,or could have a non return valve which is back to front.
Can you not lose that bit and bodge it somehow?
Old Apr 19th 2009, 6:54 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flogger
Mand what is the fancy dancy hosethingy?
Does it turn,closing a tap inside,or could have a non return valve which is back to front.
Can you not lose that bit and bodge it somehow?
yes it does sem to have a turn, lock, shut off / on valve inside it - and yes the next plan off attack is now to try and bodge it seeing as I have calmed down a touch.

There does seem to be only one way it goes on - but when its on the water doesn't come out of the hose because this valve has shut it off. If I loosen it up a bit the water comes out - but then also leaks. Tried it on the other way round and nothing comes out at all.
Old Apr 19th 2009, 6:59 pm
no I aint

Flogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond repute

yes it does sem to have a turn, lock, shut off / on valve inside it - and yes the next plan off attack is now to try and bodge it seeing as I have calmed down a touch.

There does seem to be only one way it goes on - but when its on the water doesn't come out of the hose because this valve has shut it off. If I loosen it up a bit the water comes out - but then also leaks. Tried it on the other way round and nothing comes out at all.
Good luck with the bodge
Old Apr 19th 2009, 7:25 pm
Sawdust making harpy

Originally Posted by Flogger
Good luck with the bodge
hmmmmph - went outside all guns blazing - put on end on the other end as i'm sure I did a million times earlier and it worked htf can you go for 2 hours and not get it. (granted it leaked a bit at every concievable joint but nonetheless) one clean truck and no streesed moo anymore!

Cheers Flogger
Old Apr 19th 2009, 11:07 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

(granted it leaked a bit at every concievable joint but nonetheless) one clean truck and no streesed moo anymore!
I'm guessing you could have done two tasks at the same time if you'd worn your bikini and taken your shampoo and body wash out with you.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 6:08 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

PMSL - soz Moochops!!
Old Apr 20th 2009, 2:52 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Reminds me of this ad that always makes me laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vasc8ghyu1g
Old Apr 20th 2009, 4:51 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yes-can-do
Reminds me of this ad that always makes me laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vasc8ghyu1g
Yeah but those guys are SO MUCH slimmer than our Mandy.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 6:27 pm
Sawdust making harpy

you can go off people ya know
Old Apr 20th 2009, 6:34 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

you can get off with people ya know
Really? who? who?
Old Apr 20th 2009, 8:27 pm
Sawdust making harpy

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Really? who? who?
haha can just picture you saying that
Old Apr 20th 2009, 8:28 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Really? who? who?
Old Apr 20th 2009, 10:19 pm
Banned

haha can just picture you saying that
As opposed to you.............................

who'd be saying.................................

Harder!! ohh, ohhh

Old Apr 20th 2009, 10:46 pm
Sawdust making harpy

As opposed to you.............................
who'd be saying.................................
Harder!! oh - finished already???

teehee

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.