Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Hows the cool and rain?

Hows the cool and rain?

Old Jun 30th 2015, 9:36 am
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hows the cool and rain?

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Ugh, too hot for me. You will find me in the kids paddling pool with a large glass of Pimms attempting to keep cool.

Even walking the dog at 8am this morning it was too hot for me, I do cold much better than heat!
I find that type of temp too hot also but give me 25C - 30C and I am happy, thankfully it seems to be going back up today here - 22C forecast... .it has been a crappy June

PS: I am loving the idea of the large glass of Pimms!

Last edited by Howefamily; Jun 30th 2015 at 9:37 am. Reason: missed a bit
Old Jun 30th 2015, 9:52 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Howefamily
I find that type of temp too hot also but give me 25C - 30C and I am happy, thankfully it seems to be going back up today here - 22C forecast... .it has been a crappy June

PS: I am loving the idea of the large glass of Pimms!
Did I say glass? I meant jug.
Old Jun 30th 2015, 9:56 am
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

I love it and will be sunbathing all day
Old Jun 30th 2015, 10:23 am
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

Now you're talking!
Old Jun 30th 2015, 10:24 am
Happy

Originally Posted by Lorry1
I love it and will be sunbathing all day
no work for you today then?
Old Jun 30th 2015, 1:47 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Even walking the dog at 8am this morning it was too hot for me, I do cold much better than heat!
Me too. Just a shame the cold comes with the bloody snow.

This always reminds me how we got lucky buying the house we did. The deck has a shady corner in the morning from a tree and is nicely in the shade in the afternoon. If you want sun, there's the patio so you get the best of both worlds.

This house had just gone on the market that day when we saw the for sale sign from a house across the street that would otherwise have been our first choice. But for that we'd have had afternoon sun on the deck and that would have been too hot.

Do people consider this sort of thing when house buying? I didn't.
Old Jun 30th 2015, 1:52 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Howefamily
no work for you today then?
nooooooooooooooo
(I actually did work for a bit this morning. That's the great thing about working form home)
Old Jun 30th 2015, 1:54 pm
The Brit is back

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Me too. Just a shame the cold comes with the bloody snow.

This always reminds me how we got lucky buying the house we did. The deck has a shady corner in the morning from a tree and is nicely in the shade in the afternoon. If you want sun, there's the patio so you get the best of both worlds.

This house had just gone on the market that day when we saw the for sale sign from a house across the street that would otherwise have been our first choice. But for that we'd have had afternoon sun on the deck and that would have been too hot.

Do people consider this sort of thing when house buying? I didn't.
Yep, always choose south facing so we get full on sun all day hubby hates it and doesn't go outside but I just lay there and bake