Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

How was your weekend?

How was your weekend?

Old Apr 25th 2009, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

GagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to all
Default How was your weekend?

My hubby? Spent raking the lawn to get rid of the stones from the drive thrown by our very good friend Blair the snowblower.

Moi! Getting rid of the the dog poop! There is loads of it & it's not from my little doggie.

Picking up the litter now the snow has gone. Holiday cottagers go home. Put out recycling. Trucks drive over recycling bags. Storm blows litter over land. Snow covers it for next 4 months.

Oh the joys of rural PEI.

Today, my back hurts!

Love to everyone.
ps We really do love it here.
Old Apr 25th 2009, 8:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How was your weekend?

Just loving that poo patrol at this time of year. Yuck is all I can say on that.
Old Apr 25th 2009, 9:48 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ann m
Just loving that poo patrol at this time of year. Yuck is all I can say on that.
Ah the joys of pet ownership.

Been there done that, not going there again.
Old Apr 25th 2009, 10:07 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

I am on a 3-day weekend off (work shifts) so had a relaxing day yesterday, shopping etc. Today we have been to a birthday BBQ and will be heading out for games night and a few more beers. Temps today in the 20Cs so it's short and t-shirt weather. Tomorrow is going to be even hotter..... here comes summer ....
Old Apr 25th 2009, 10:43 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

I've just got back from an awesome days riding.

The locals organised a poker rally and I was lucky enough to be lent a beautiful Tennessee walker to ride.

Started off at the local school (107 years old not a school anymore) and we rode for 5 hours with 5 checkstops. At each one you draw a card drink a beer or two and carry on to the next one!

It was surreal all the guys that were there are the local landowners and farmers, they all use their horses for working / ranching etc so it was like being out riding with proper cowboys. Even rode western too - too comfy on a walker, you could ride these all day!!!!

Real good fun, real good guys and a fabby day

(ps I didn't win anything!)
Old Apr 25th 2009, 10:46 pm
NEMESIS

dazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond repute

Today

AM--went of to the beach (very hot indeed)
PM--left the beach (very wet indeed)

Now for a drink !!!!!!!!
Old Apr 25th 2009, 10:49 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
I've just got back from an awesome days riding.

The locals organised a poker rally and I was lucky enough to be lent a beautiful Tennessee walker to ride.

Started off at the local school (107 years old not a school anymore) and we rode for 5 hours with 5 checkstops. At each one you draw a card drink a beer or two and carry on to the next one!

It was surreal all the guys that were there are the local landowners and farmers, they all use their horses for working / ranching etc so it was like being out riding with proper cowboys. Even rode western too - too comfy on a walker, you could ride these all day!!!!

Real good fun, real good guys and a fabby day

(ps I didn't win anything!)
That sounds really enjoyable mandy. <jealous>

I spent part of the day getting all the garden furniture, complete with cushions, out of winter storage (it was 28C this afternoon). Just finished the job when a squall line came through with downdrafts reminiscent of a nuclear explosion, blowing said garden furniture to the far reaches of the yard and the cushions even further.

Ah, Springtime for Novo in Richmond Hill.
Old Apr 25th 2009, 10:51 pm
NEMESIS

dazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
That sounds really enjoyable mandy. <jealous>

I spent part of the day getting all the garden furniture, complete with cushions, out of winter storage (it was 28C this afternoon). Just finished the job when a squall line came through with downdrafts reminiscent of a nuclear explosion, blowing said garden furniture to the far reaches of the yard and the cushions even further.

Ah, Springtime for Novo in Richmond Hill.
You have cushions for your garden furniture.......ya posh git
Old Apr 25th 2009, 11:10 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dazzlerdaz
Not anymore apparently plus 28 though - am jealous back, we're still in the throws of "not sure what season its meant to be" here!
Old Apr 25th 2009, 11:13 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dazzlerdaz
Divn't blame me bonny lad. It's her inside's idea, like.
Old Apr 25th 2009, 11:15 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

AM: doing tax returns
PM: doing more tax returns.
Old Apr 25th 2009, 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Not anymore apparently plus 28 though - am jealous back, we're still in the throws of "not sure what season its meant to be" here!
Same for us here in YYC.

+1°C Snowing, expecting 2-4cms tonight and a further 2cms tomorrow.:curse:
Old Apr 25th 2009, 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by JonboyE
AM: doing tax returns
PM: doing more tax returns.
Finally filed ours yesterday and paid the buggers $900 and change.
Old Apr 25th 2009, 11:19 pm
NEMESIS

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Divn't blame me bonny lad. It's her inside's idea, like.
I`ll be lucky if my missus lets me sit on one of those green plastic chairs that get really hot and burn your bits
Old Apr 25th 2009, 11:23 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Finally filed ours yesterday and paid the buggers $900 and change.
OMG

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.