Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

How often to change oil in a car?

How often to change oil in a car?

Old Nov 9th 2014, 10:32 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How often to change oil in a car?

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I could. Only issue there is nowhere to do an oil change. I live in an apartment and car maintenance including oil cha
nges is not permitted, so it just boils down to no available place to DIY oil change.
You must know someone who has some space you could borrow for half an hour?

The wider issue is still proving the maintenance was done if there are warranty issues. I could do my own,but for the $40 or 50 it costs at the dealer l dont think its worth the hassle to buy oil and a filter and have to dispose of the dirty oil. Ymmv.

Last edited by iaink; Nov 9th 2014 at 10:41 pm.
Old Nov 14th 2014, 6:44 am
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

I usually don't pay too much attention to the km's. Would just get it changed twice a year (even that felt a bit generous sometimes) Usually around March/April and then again in September/October.
Old Nov 14th 2014, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

VainQuill is a glorious beacon of lightVainQuill is a glorious beacon of lightVainQuill is a glorious beacon of lightVainQuill is a glorious beacon of lightVainQuill is a glorious beacon of lightVainQuill is a glorious beacon of lightVainQuill is a glorious beacon of lightVainQuill is a glorious beacon of lightVainQuill is a glorious beacon of lightVainQuill is a glorious beacon of lightVainQuill is a glorious beacon of light

My current car needs oil change every 14000km, so once a year. My previous vehicle was similar in size, but needed oil change every 5000km. Without being qualified in any way to assess such things, I am starting to think those estimates are not made seriously.