Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

How much snow could you handle????

How much snow could you handle????

Old Feb 8th 2007, 8:16 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How much snow could you handle????

Upstate New York has received as much as 2 meters (6.5 Feet) of the white stuff since Sunday.

With more to come.

http://www.canada.com/globaltv/natio...e-464c318487ad
Old Feb 8th 2007, 8:20 pm
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough
Default Re: How much snow could you handle????

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Upstate New York has received as much as 2 meters (6.5 Feet) of the white stuff since Sunday.

With more to come.

Hello

Was there for 7 years.........thats why we left. That and the sparkling personalities of New Yorkers.......

Its amazing tho, isn't it? What the hell do you do with that much snow?
Old Feb 9th 2007, 8:51 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gardnma
That and the sparkling personalities of New Yorkers.......
Even I know you dont get New Yorkers in Upstate New York.
New York is no friggin where near Upstate.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 9:10 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Even I know you dont get New Yorkers in Upstate New York.
New York is no friggin where near Upstate.

Er, yeah you do.....

Someone from NYS is a "New Yorker" in a broader sense, someone from NYC is also a "New Yorker"........the implication is usually in the context of the conversation. If you are talking about Apple Cider or Ice Fishing on Sacandaga, chances are he's a New Yorker, if its time square on NYE, then he's a New Yorker......see? the distinction is clear.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 9:16 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Er, yeah you do.....

Someone from NYS is a "New Yorker" in a broader sense, someone from NYC is also a "New Yorker"........the implication is usually in the context of the conversation. If you are talking about Apple Cider or Ice Fishing on Sacandaga, chances are he's a New Yorker, if its time square on NYE, then he's a New Yorker......see? the distinction is clear.
Are you OceanMDX by any chance??
Old Feb 9th 2007, 9:21 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Are you OceanMDX by any chance??
Nope......never posted much in Canadian forum before.

Just found the reference to NYS interesting as I lived there once.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 9:22 am
Banned

Nope......never posted much in Canadian forum before.

Just found the reference to NYS interesting as I lived there once.
Shit I thought there was only one Poster like him.
Oh well you live and learn.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 10:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond repute

With more to come.

Hi Steve,

Quick question slighty related to the topic of the thread. Do you think the winter so far in Calgary has been a typical one? I have never since so much snow in all my life.

Thanks
Old Feb 9th 2007, 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by smelly
Hi Steve,

Quick question slighty related to the topic of the thread. Do you think the winter so far in Calgary has been a typical one? I have never since so much snow in all my life.

Thanks
No, but it might be close.

In my opinion we've haven't had a lot snow so far this winter.

However things are changing quite quickly weather wise and it's really hard to say what a typical winter is any more.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 11:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond repute

No, but it might be close.

In my opinion we've haven't had a lot snow so far this winter.

However things are changing quite quickly weather wise and it's really hard to say what a typical winter is any more.
Wow looks beautiful today though doesnt it.
Seems to be a different kind of snow this week stuff that sticks to everything. Going to get some pics this weekend, before it all melts.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 11:11 pm

Seems to be a different kind of snow this week stuff that sticks to everything. Going to get some pics this weekend, before it all melts.

I think I read somewhere it's supposed to get windy by Sunday.

I'd get those pics taken as soon as you can before the wind blows it off all the trees.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 11:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

I think I read somewhere it's supposed to get windy by Sunday.

I'd get those pics taken as soon as you can before the wind blows it off all the trees.
Alrighty then thanks for the advice.

Will definately be on the case tommorrow then. Hopefully we will see some sunshine too.

Have a good evening.

Last edited by Mountain Girl; Feb 9th 2007 at 11:23 pm. Reason: Took out the "cool" gotta stop saying that.
Old Feb 10th 2007, 12:45 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

I completely agree smelly. I was walking through Elbow Park today and was really struck by how beautiful it all was.
Old Feb 10th 2007, 1:31 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm The snow had just about melted enough in patches to see grass - THEN it blinking snowed for 3 days again....saw a patch of blue in the sky today so the snow might stop for a few days.......Please let the Groundhog be right this year, we have had snow on the ground since October
Old Feb 10th 2007, 1:50 am

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Hmmm The snow had just about melted enough in patches to see grass - THEN it blinking snowed for 3 days again....saw a patch of blue in the sky today so the snow might stop for a few days.......Please let the Groundhog be right this year, we have had snow on the ground since October
Hate to disappoint but it's likely going to be there until mid April.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.