How many pets?

Old Jan 5th 2008, 11:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute
Default How many pets?

Novocastrian posted about Huskies. Oh I wish! But I'm not there yet.

But in his post he said something about "not allowed to keep more than 3 dogs in a house".

This had me thinking. What about cats? I have three cats. All have been altered so no chance of them ever having any babies again.

Am I allowed three cats?
Old Jan 6th 2008, 12:02 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How many pets?

Originally Posted by YYZlover
Novocastrian posted about Huskies. Oh I wish! But I'm not there yet.

But in his post he said something about "not allowed to keep more than 3 dogs in a house".

This had me thinking. What about cats? I have three cats. All have been altered so no chance of them ever having any babies again.

Am I allowed three cats?
Im on VI and have 3 cats.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 12:08 am
BE Enthusiast

ladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to beholdladymoose is a splendid one to behold

We are only allowed a total of 4 pets - and not more than 2 dogs so I guess that means we could have 4 cats... but I'm not exactly sure. Ironically - we could also have 6 alpacas or 1 cow or 3 horses or any variety/mixture of said beasties - or goats, sheep etc.

It's all down to individual bylaws, amount of land you have etc. You'll have to check where you will be living - check out the specific town/city bylaws - not just any generic provincial guidelines.

Also depends how nosey your neighbours are, and how honest you are feeling, and how much of a pest your pets are (ie to the nosey neighbours)! In Stony I think, you are only supposed to have indoor cats too - if they are found on a neighbours property they can be caught and sent to the pound - and you will have to pay to have them back. In reality they are finding this bylaw pretty unworkable - too many people capturing them, and the owners not claiming them back.

Last edited by ladymoose; Jan 6th 2008 at 12:11 am. Reason: Forgot to add half the post...
Old Jan 6th 2008, 12:09 am
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ladymoose
We are only allowed a total of 4 pets - and not more than 2 dogs so I guess that means we could have 4 cats... but I'm not exactly sure. Ironically - we could also have 6 alpacas or 1 cow or 3 horses or any variety/mixture of said beasties - or goats, sheep etc.

It's all down to individual bylaws, amount of land you have etc. You'll have to check where you will be living - check out the specific town/city bylaws - not just any generic provincial guidelines.
Toronto and/or mississauga
Old Jan 6th 2008, 12:21 am
BE Forum Addict

snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

It does seem to be different in every area. Here in Edmonton for example the maximum number of pets allowed per residence is six cats and three dogs.

I had to rule out areas we looked at to live, just because they were outside of Edmonton, and some of the surrounding areas like Devon, only allow three cats, and I have four.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 3:25 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YYZlover
Toronto and/or mississauga
Aren't you looking for a condo? In that case it's the condo board that decides, typically they allow one cat.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 4:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Aren't you looking for a condo? In that case it's the condo board that decides, typically they allow one cat.
Dogs allowed in mine (might change) but they have to be carried in public areas and in the lifts
Old Jan 6th 2008, 4:40 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
Dogs allowed in mine (might change) but they have to be carried in public areas and in the lifts
If you can carry them then they're not "real" dogs.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 4:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
If you can carry them then they're not "real" dogs.
I wouldn't carry mine even if I could, I'd be covered in hair. He's the angora of the retriever world