Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

How Many Litres of Heating Oil....

How Many Litres of Heating Oil....

Old Feb 16th 2009, 6:19 am
Pictou County Superstarâ„¢

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How Many Litres of Heating Oil....

Just had the tank filled there, turned out it was just under 700 litres. I have the thermostat set to 14 during the daytime between Monday and Friday (no one home), so that's probably where the difference is coming from?

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
have you used so far this Winter? We used 1700 litres and I just wondered if this was a little or a lot!
Originally Posted by Greenhill
I can't remember the time before last when I had oil put in there, but if it's anything to go by, looks like 800 litres so far this winter (in fact, since the end of April last year).
Old Feb 16th 2009, 7:01 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Greenhill
Just had the tank filled there, turned out it was just under 700 litres. I have the thermostat set to 14 during the daytime between Monday and Friday (no one home), so that's probably where the difference is coming from?
Yeah I would say so - I would freeze if I only had the heating on 14 all day!
Old Feb 17th 2009, 10:56 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I would say so - I would freeze if I only had the heating on 14 all day!
I think he means 14C, which = about 58F.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 10:57 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CaptainHook
I think he means 14C, which = about 58F.
I knew that! I would freeze with it on 14c/58f - I have it down on 55f when I go to bed!
Old Feb 17th 2009, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

clynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to behold

I knew that! I would freeze with it on 14c/58f - I have it down on 55f when I go to bed!
What is it during the daytime and doesn't it take a long time to warm up in the morning to your preferred daytime temp.

Ours is at 18 c at night and 20 c during the day...there is usually somebody always here. The AC is set for 26 c in the summer...
Old Feb 17th 2009, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by clynnog
What is it during the daytime and doesn't it take a long time to warm up in the morning to your preferred daytime temp.

Ours is at 18 c at night and 20 c during the day...there is usually somebody always here. The AC is set for 26 c in the summer...
I live in the late dark ages with an ancient thermastat - that you have to move up and down yourself! Ahhh to have a timer one

It's on 65 in the daytime and 55 at night. We don't have AC....we just open the windows