Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

How hard is it to order some lunch?

How hard is it to order some lunch?

Old May 21st 2009, 7:39 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How hard is it to order some lunch?

Just try and get it without Tomato ("Tomaahtoe"). They never get that right

I have been reduced to dispensing with what little diginity I have left and using the "TomEhto" pronunciation to have any chance of not getting what I dont want

Cant believe you didnt want to try the (KFC presumably) poutine...its one of lifes great experiences!

Last edited by iaink; May 21st 2009 at 7:45 am.
Old May 21st 2009, 7:39 am

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Not a chance.
Thanks for the support
Old May 21st 2009, 7:40 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cassie 10000
I'm sure they care about their neighbours..........reallly.
Oh, that's a good one. Do you know any more?
Old May 21st 2009, 7:43 am

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, that's a good one. Do you know any more?
Your putting me on the spot now, you're making me nervous.
Old May 21st 2009, 7:45 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Do you want fries? Then I repeated my whole order and said yes I want fries with that

I said I said all I wanted was fries.
Thanks for the support
Hard to sympathize if you ordered fries with your fries.
Old May 21st 2009, 7:47 am

Hard to sympathize if you ordered fries with your fries.
you lost me
Old May 21st 2009, 7:49 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Steer clear of Subway too....too many questions and options, your head might well explode! Takes my dad about 5 minutes of holding the line up 6" or a foot, which bread, toasted? Cheese? Which Cheese? Which filling, what topings, Sauce, which one? Mayo? Salt and pepper... to go or not, meal deal with that ...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH just give him a cheese and branston butty and he will be happy!
Old May 21st 2009, 7:52 am
Born again atheist

you lost me
Funny, that happened earlier when I was moonlighting at the foodcourt.
Old May 21st 2009, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by iaink
Steer clear of Subway too....too many questions and options, your head might well explode! Takes my dad about 5 minutes of holding the line up 6" or a foot, which bread, toasted? Cheese? Which Cheese? Which filling, what topings, Sauce, which one? Mayo? Salt and pepper... to go or not, meal deal with that ...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH just give him a cheese and branston butty and he will be happy!
Just my point, all I wanted was my combo meal, wrap, fries and drink.

I kept repeating myself and it also didn't help that it was quite noisy and she wasn't the loudest of speakers.

Like I said before, I generally don't complain.
Old May 21st 2009, 7:56 am
BE Forum Addict

rwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond repute

Tell them your number is 9113485
Old May 21st 2009, 7:56 am

Funny, that happened earlier when I was moonlighting at the foodcourt.
Sorry, but what have I said?
Old May 21st 2009, 7:57 am
Born again atheist

See, you're doing it again.
Old May 21st 2009, 7:58 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

I kept repeating myself and it also didn't help that it was quite noisy and she wasn't the loudest of speakers.

Like I said before, I generally don't complain.
Canada being a nation of sub optimal english speakers, I find it best to stick to the NUMBERS when ordering, along with pointing at the lavish colour pictures of food that looks NOTHING AT ALL like what finally arrives in the brown paper bag
Old May 21st 2009, 7:59 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink

I had problems in there as well; the anxiety it caused was never compensated by the food. But, after persevering I've now got it down as long as I stick with one particular type of sandwich. They also tend to be incredible rude which doesn't help.
Old May 21st 2009, 7:59 am

See, you're doing it again.
Give up.

Sorry I posted

Have a good day

You win, can't be arsed!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.