Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

How to get Police check

How to get Police check

Old Jun 19th 2010, 5:30 am
Forum Regular

gjspain will become famous soon enoughgjspain will become famous soon enough
Default How to get Police check

Hi, Im returning back to the uk in a few weeks, and think it would be a good idea to get a police check from here in Canada. How do i go about getting one. I live in Edmonton, Alberta. ? I know when i lived in spain it was so easy, walk in with your papers bay a couple of euros and walk away with the Police check, or code of good conduct. I would like to get this sorted before i leave. any help appreciated.
Old Jun 19th 2010, 3:42 pm

TheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to get Police check

Hi there. Not sure if it's the same kind of police checks but I've had to get them done a few times over here for volunteering at the kids schools, that kind of thing. You have to go to your local police station. Not sure if that will cause a problem for you if you're not actually resident over here or not. Anyway, as mine have always been for volunteer positions, I've not had to pay for them. I know there is a charge otherwise but don't know how much this is. All I've had to do is complete a form and show my driving licence. I've always then had to wait a week before going to pick it up.