Reload this Page >

How fed up would you be

How fed up would you be

Old May 29th 2009, 11:49 am
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How fed up would you be

Originally Posted by macadian
I do sympathise, the waiting is very stressful..... Having said that your wait is not for a 'life threatening op' which would have been even worse. I was diagnosed in very early November a few years ago with Cardio-vascular problems and put down for Byepass surgery. I was told I would be in and out by Xmas. Well to cut a long story short I had my surgery on January 30th...and trust me, the wait was extremely stressful...and my condition worsening by the day...

I am fine now and very grateful still to be around, but could have done without the unexpected wait. If they had told me the surgery would not have been until late January in the first place, it would have been so much easier to deal with. having sais that, I am sure that the circumstances causing the delay were probably out with their control (Wards closed because of a bug, shortage of beds, ICU staff etc) .

Best of luck....but remember, it could be worse....
Thanks, as you say not life threatening, but quality of life threatening. The wait often only serves to make things worse and I know that if patients were kept informed then the stress would be less.

Good to hear you are fine now.
Old May 29th 2009, 1:59 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Fledermaus you need to book a holiday - then obv you will get the date slap bang in the middle!!
Old May 29th 2009, 4:21 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Not life-threatening maybe ... but exciting surgery to be having!!

I hope you hear soon, and have a great result!!
Old May 30th 2009, 4:00 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Morwenna
Not life-threatening maybe ... but exciting surgery to be having!!

I hope you hear soon, and have a great result!!
Thanks Morwenna, exciting and scary. Hopefully in a few months I may be able to hear well enough to use the phone and have a real conversation with more than one person.
Old May 30th 2009, 7:16 am
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fledermaus
Thanks Morwenna, exciting and scary. Hopefully in a few months I may be able to hear well enough to use the phone and have a real conversation with more than one person.
All the best from me too... hope you get a date soon. I can understand the frustration of not knowing, although can't begin to understand the situation you're in of waiting to be able to begin hearing again - that must fill you with excitement and trepidation in equal measure!

Maybe Morwenna & her fellow-singers could put on a command performance for you to celebrate your new ear when it's all working
Old May 30th 2009, 7:43 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
All the best from me too... hope you get a date soon. I can understand the frustration of not knowing, although can't begin to understand the situation you're in of waiting to be able to begin hearing again - that must fill you with excitement and trepidation in equal measure!

Thank you, yes that sums it up.

Maybe Morwenna & her fellow-singers could put on a command performance for you to celebrate your new ear when it's all working

Yes please, that would be fun!
Old May 30th 2009, 4:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

fuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond repute

A new ear. Cochlear Implant.
What fantastic news I hope you don't have to wait too long.

The very best of luck for the op

Jo
Old May 30th 2009, 4:29 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
Sure ... just pop over to Cowtown!

We (our quartet) were singing to a group of Buddhist ladies tonight! That was cool! My ears are still ringing from all that chanting!
Old May 30th 2009, 4:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fuschiagirl
What fantastic news I hope you don't have to wait too long.

The very best of luck for the op

Jo
Ditto from me - very exciting times indeed
Old May 31st 2009, 10:52 am
no I aint

Flogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck,and i hope you get a have a date soon
Old May 31st 2009, 10:39 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flogger
Good luck,and i hope you get a have a date soon
^^^^ What everyone said...best of luck.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 3:15 am
Account Closed

Hah, I have a date! June 29th. Overnight stay not day surgery. They activate it in 4 weeks and then I learn to hear again. - The world will be full of chipmunks on helium. Apparently thats what everyone sounds like with it.

I am off to mow the lawn in celebration!

Old Jun 10th 2009, 3:16 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

yay xxx
Old Jun 10th 2009, 3:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

wonderful Mrs! You'll need ear defenders next time you get the mower out
Old Jun 10th 2009, 3:55 am

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute

If you were waiting for a surgery date?

You were told back in March that it would be in May as long as you got the immunisations done and the form back to them asap. So you ran around and got that done and back within a few days.

Then you waited some more and at the beginning of May were told you would hear soon, and then last week were told they were booking June's surgery dates now and that you might hear something soon, hopefully. So it's looking like July now for the op.

I wouldn't mind if they told me it would be December, I just need a date and the longer I wait the more stressed I get. There will be work shifts to swap, or give away, my colleagues are hanging on booking their vacations to fit in with when I am off.

Bloody hospitals.
I would be fed up too, I would want to know the date so I could prepare myself for it. If it kept gettiing changed I think I would feel more anxious about it.

Hope you get your date fixed soon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.