Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Housing market Nova Scotia

Housing market Nova Scotia

Old Jun 2nd 2008, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

claire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really nice
Default Housing market Nova Scotia

Hi There

We bought our house in Windsor NS in March 2005 and I was just wondering how the market has increased since then? I know the value of our house has increased I just wondered if anyone had any figures for the past 3 years or so?

Thank you

Claire
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 8:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Housing market Nova Scotia

There is quite a variation from area to area. If you ask a local realtor they should be able to tell you.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 11:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

woodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond repute

I had never been to Windsor, NS before, although I live only a 1.5 hours drive away and I have passed it on the highway lots of times.
Last Saturday my hubby and I went to scout out the town because I had to look for a place where I can bring a big group of people for lunch, so I thought maybe Windsor would be a good alternative to Wolfville for a change.
But... I am very sorry to say that my first impression of the "downtown area" was not good. . It looked like nothing had been done to the houses in 50 years.... lots of places for sale, lots of shops empty and for rent, it really had a "dead" feel to it. (I will continue to take people into Wolfville instead)

We did check the real estate office though, just out of interest, because we thought that houses there should be cheap...
However we were surprised to find that the properties offered were not particularly less than in other areas...
So I hope for you that you did good with your house! It certainly looks to me as if the town needs a bit of a "makeover" and then it could be really worth living there, and influence property prices, especially since they are widening the highway to Halifax, which should improve driving times...

but why don't you check for yourself what the market is like by looking at the current offers>
http://homes.point2.com/CA/Nova-Scot...al-Estate.aspx
http://www.propertyguys.com/properti...ch-submit.y=21
http://www.tradewindsrealty.com/cgi-....cgi?key=3707t

Last edited by woodworm; Jun 3rd 2008 at 12:27 am.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

claire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really nice

Thank you Woodworm

Yes the town needs new business and with the Mill been renovated and a new motel there have been some possitive changes. The causeway is beutiful and for food The Spitfire pub has a great menu and we always take visitors there. It has a wartime theme and some great live music at the weekend.

I have family in Windsor, but for shopping we go to the valley and we have just bought a plot in Falmouth close to the golf club and ski slope.

Thanks again

Claire