Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

House sale karma needed please!

House sale karma needed please!

Old Apr 25th 2007, 12:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

fuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default House sale karma needed please!

We have a viewing tomorrow!!! PLEASE can we have some selling Karma (and house selling dancers if available!)

This will be our second viewing in 4 weeks.

I'm still looking for things we hid away before the last viewing! Does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks

Joanne

Old Apr 25th 2007, 1:41 pm

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: House sale karma needed please!

Originally Posted by skiboy10
We have a viewing tomorrow!!! PLEASE can we have some selling Karma (and house selling dancers if available!)

I'm still looking for things we hid away before the last viewing! Does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks

Joanne

Hi Joanne,
Dancers en route, karma sent, hope all goes ok...
Think losing stuff is natural, your head is whirling, sit down and have a chill, glass of wine, whatever it was will turn up eventually!
Charlie
Old Apr 25th 2007, 2:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Karma sent, all the best, hope it goes well.
Must off to phone my agent now and find out where the hell we are with exchange dates. :curse:
Old Apr 25th 2007, 2:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

Joanne

Good luck with the viewing.

Dont forget to have a pot of coffee bubbling away. I am sure someone said to me once people like the smell of it and its might help when selling a house.
Although I might have dreamt it.
Old Apr 25th 2007, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

KennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to all

Originally Posted by smelly
Good luck with the viewing.

Dont forget to have a pot of coffee bubbling away. I am sure someone said to me once people like the smell of it and its might help when selling a house.
Although I might have dreamt it.
Smelly, your right about the coffee, but alot of viewers know this trick too, so beware. I used fresh baked bread as it gets the same synapses going (I think).
Air fresheners & plugins etc are a defo No No! people subconsciously think about what its trying to hide!
If your taking them round, ALWAYS let them enter the room first, as when your in there before them, the room looks smaller
Oh and verbally guide them to the + points of the house and away from - points. (eg. There's a stain on the carpet, so tell them about the coving or the beatiful view) or you could always stand on it!
I'm rambling on now as I'm on my 2nd coffee of the break and I'm buzzin'!
Cy'all
Kenny
Old Apr 25th 2007, 2:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KennyJosie
Smelly, your right about the coffee, but alot of viewers know this trick too, so beware. I used fresh baked bread as it gets the same synapses going (I think).
Air fresheners & plugins etc are a defo No No! people subconsciously think about what its trying to hide!
If your taking them round, ALWAYS let them enter the room first, as when your in there before them, the room looks smaller
Oh and verbally guide them to the + points of the house and away from - points. (eg. There's a stain on the carpet, so tell them about the coving or the beatiful view) or you could always stand on it!
I'm rambling on now as I'm on my 2nd coffee of the break and I'm buzzin'!
Cy'all
Kenny
Baked goods and bubbling coffee mmmmmm, I bet some people over do it though and send there viewers into sensory overload without realising it.

The smell does make a difference though. I remember going to view a place in the UK once and it stunk of wet dog. I couldn't wait to get out of there. I didnt remember much about the place.
Old Apr 25th 2007, 3:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

fuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond repute

We have also viewed houses in the past that smelt of dog - very, very off-putting! Even worse when the dogs sniff around you!

One epic viewing in the far distant past took place when there was snow on the ground. As we were looking out a rear window at the garden the vendor suddenly said "Ah! The rats are back!". He had apparently just seen fresh rat tracks across the snow! Needless to say, we didn't return for a second viewing!

Old Apr 25th 2007, 3:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smelly
Baked goods and bubbling coffee mmmmmm, I bet some people over do it though and send there viewers into sensory overload without realising it.

The smell does make a difference though. I remember going to view a place in the UK once and it stunk of wet dog. I couldn't wait to get out of there. I didnt remember much about the place.
Somebody told me about the smell of fresh baked bread, i said the last time my wife baked bread it burnt to a cinder and the house smelt for days!!!!!!
Old Apr 25th 2007, 3:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by printer
Somebody told me about the smell of fresh baked bread, i said the last time my wife baked bread it burnt to a cinder and the house smelt for days!!!!!!
Did you have smoke everywhere - our toaster packed up recently and almost burnt the house down! Now that's a thought........ we are insured so if the house doesn't sell soon.............
Old Apr 25th 2007, 3:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Did you have smoke everywhere - our toaster packed up recently and almost burnt the house down! Now that's a thought........ we are insured so if the house doesn't sell soon.............
Yep i thought about leaving the oven on a few times, maybe a burnt out shell would sell quicker.

Rang my agent for an update on the exchange of contracts and it goes straight to voicemail, bloody typical. :curse:
Old Apr 25th 2007, 4:19 pm
...in these shoes?

ellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by printer
Try scones next time, same fresh bake smell and less work for your wife or you!
Old Apr 25th 2007, 4:22 pm
...in these shoes?

ellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to behold

Thanks

Joanne

If I was on my second viewing in 4 weeks in Sutton Coldfield which is lovely, I would be checking out how much marketing the agent is doing! Give him a kick in the backside!
Old Apr 25th 2007, 4:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ellsie
Try scones next time, same fresh bake smell and less work for your wife or you!
Will the cinnamon buns smell work over there?.
My partner's parents sold their house within one day
in Victoria several years ago during the real estate slump.
Apparently the real estate agent baked cinnamon buns
the morning of the open house and they got the full asking price.
Good luck,house selling karma , house selling dancers and feng shui
vibes are there for you
Yoong
Old Apr 25th 2007, 4:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ellsie
If I was on my second viewing in 4 weeks in Sutton Coldfield which is lovely, I would be checking out how much marketing the agent is doing! Give him a kick in the backside!
We have been pushing him. It may be our fault as we have asked only for buyers who already have their houses on the market. We'll see how tomorrow goes!

Old Apr 25th 2007, 8:09 pm
...in these shoes?

I am sure you have been pushing him, I know what they are like! I wish you luck with your viewing and phone up your agent daily!!! If he's not getting anyone in the door he's not doing his job.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.