Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Hockey karma/vibes needed!!

Hockey karma/vibes needed!!

Old Apr 17th 2007, 4:55 pm
Bright light!!

Tiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Hockey karma/vibes needed!!

Ok, as much as I would like to see the best of the best in the Canadian men's hockey team I would prefer to see them win the Stanley Cup first... of course, I am talking about the FLAMES

However, there are only three Canadian teams in, Vancouver and Ottawa (obviously Calgary) so lets get cheering... ok, Calgary are falling short at the moment whilst the Senators and Canucks are 2 up....there is a Flames game tonight so send out positive vibes (no actual karma for me necessary) - LET'S GO FLAMES!!!!

Let's bring home the cup Canada (preferably Calgary )
Old Apr 17th 2007, 5:07 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hockey karma/vibes needed!!

Originally Posted by Ki76
Ok, as much as I would like to see the best of the best in the Canadian men's hockey team I would prefer to see them win the Stanley Cup first... of course, I am talking about the FLAMES

However, there are only three Canadian teams in, Vancouver and Ottawa (obviously Calgary) so lets get cheering... ok, Calgary are falling short at the moment whilst the Senators and Canucks are 2 up....there is a Flames game tonight so send out positive vibes (no actual karma for me necessary) - LET'S GO FLAMES!!!!

Let's bring home the cup Canada (preferably Calgary )
Ki there are 32 Teams in the NHL.
You live in Edmonton, Therefore you should support in this order.
1. Oilers
2-27. Your choice
28. Ottawa
29. Montreal
30. Leafs
31. Vancouver
32. Calgary
Old Apr 17th 2007, 5:13 pm
Bright light!!

Tiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Ki there are 32 Teams in the NHL.
You live in Edmonton, Therefore you should support in this order.
1. Oilers
2-27. Your choice
28. Ottawa
29. Montreal
30. Leafs
31. Vancouver
32. Calgary
I know there are but I mean there are only three in the Stanley Cup playoffs so I will support them in this order:

Calgary
Ottawa
Vancouver

And saying because I live in Edmonton I should support the Oilers is as ridiculous as telling someone who lives in Manchester they have to support City.

I love the Flames because they are the team I support - I supported them from the UK and I will support them in Canada. Geography is not applicable.
Old Apr 17th 2007, 5:20 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

I know there are but I mean there are only three in the Stanley Cup playoffs so I will support them in this order:

Calgary
Ottawa
Vancouver

And saying because I live in Edmonton I should support the Oilers is as ridiculous as telling someone who lives in Manchester they have to support City.

I love the Flames because they are the team I support - I supported them from the UK and I will support them in Canada. Geography is not applicable.

LOL,

I was trying to explain 'cannuck' mentality when it comes to supporting your 'home' team.
ESPECIALLY where Albertan teams are concerned.
Old Apr 17th 2007, 5:21 pm
Bright light!!

LOL,

I was trying to explain 'cannuck' mentality when it comes to supporting your 'home' team.
ESPECIALLY where Albertan teams are concerned.
Ok, hackles down.... sorry.... it's the playoff stress
Old Apr 17th 2007, 5:27 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, hackles down.... sorry.... it's the playoff stress
Butch was doing you a favour.

If you were working, mentioning the Flames in Edmonton would be a career limiting move, to say the least. If you mentioned them during a job interview, it would be the kiss of death.

But BE is a safe place.
Old Apr 17th 2007, 5:32 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary

If you were working, mentioning the Flames in Edmonton would be a career limiting move, to say the least. If you mentioned them during a job interview, it would be the kiss of death.

But BE is a safe place.
Thanks Judy,

Mrs C is in a dodgy position at work. She works 90% of Alberta SO has to be careful when asked about the Hockey. (Its worst in Red Deer for obvious reasons).

Thankfully CFL isnt that big amongst her clients so last year she managed to field questions on that topic simply by saying she was new to the country and 'is it the same as american football'
Old Apr 17th 2007, 5:36 pm
Bright light!!

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary

But BE is a safe place.
Luckily my new employers don't give a stuff about my hockey preferences and neither do my friends - they just think it's all part of my indellible charm .

And because I appreciate that the rivallry is all very real for some people I don't sit there and and yell it out loud in the bar nor do I sit and cheer when the Oilers lose - if the Oilers were in I would still want them to win because a) they are Canadian and b) they are Albertan (only if the Flames were out of course).

I love hockey but just like any other sport there are always going to be rivalries but I refuse to get caught up in them seriously and support all remaining Canadian teams in the playoffs with obvious preference on the Flaaaaames winning
Old Apr 17th 2007, 5:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

GO FLAMES, GO!!!

(they need some good vibes for tonight, for sure...)
Old Apr 17th 2007, 5:41 pm
Bright light!!

And come on guys ur missing the point - this isn't about the local teams it's about the national ones.... that's who the vibes are for, just happens that the Flames are one of them
Old Apr 17th 2007, 5:41 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Judy,

Mrs C is in a dodgy position at work. She works 90% of Alberta SO has to be careful when asked about the Hockey. (Its worst in Red Deer for obvious reasons).
She could always say that she is a fan of real hockey not those overpaid NHL pansy asses that only show up when they feel like it.

Real hockey would be WHL where the kids show up every night hoping some scout will see them and like what he sees.

Then in Red Deer she could mention the Rebels, in Medicine Hat the Tigers, in Lethbridge the Hurricanes, next fall in Edmonton the Oil Kings and of course in Calgary the Hitmen.

Speaking of hockey how about those HITMEN!!!
Old Apr 17th 2007, 5:42 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Calgal
GO FLAMES, GO!!!

(they need some good vibes for tonight, for sure...)
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Red wings
Old Apr 17th 2007, 5:44 pm
Bright light!!

Don't think I can't see that sneaky little Red Wings in there young man - you will be put over my knee before too long
Old Apr 17th 2007, 5:45 pm
Bright light!!

Originally Posted by Steve_P
She could always say that she is a fan of real hockey not those overpaid NHL pansy asses that only show up when they feel like it.

Real hockey would be WHL where the kids show up every night hoping some scout will see them and like what he sees.

Then in Red Deer she could mention the Rebels, in Medicine Hat the Tigers, in Lethbridge the Hurricanes, next fall in Edmonton the Oil Kings and of course in Calgary the Hitmen.

Damn right - Hitmen rock too!
Old Apr 17th 2007, 5:45 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Steve_P

Yeah but even if she switched to WHL she's shafted now aint she (CalgaryvMed Hat)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.